Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-19-2014, 07:38 AM

Default Keltec 2000

Thinking of getting a keltec 2000 in 9mm wondering if any one has one and how well it holds up after a few thousand rounds
Old 06-20-2014, 11:11 PM

I was hesitant to purchase one as well due to the many threads online about the several problems associated with this carbine. A few YouTube vids had it 50/50 also. I took the plunge due to the affordability of it and I already had a glut of Glock 17 mags anyways.

I'm up to 900+ rounds and have only had 3 FTE's and it only happened when I ran 115grain ammo. No problems with 124 or 147grain at all. It takes awhile to get used to the sites as they are sub-par but it's not too bad at 50 yards. Lot of guys on several forums suggested to run this firearm a little on the " wet side" so I do leave the action more oily than I normally would run any gun.

Accessories are in scarce supply in Canada but I did score some odds & ends .
The fit and finish was your typical Kelt Tec plastic/toy feel but it's not horrible.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:08 AM

They are excellent litile carbines, it takes afew rounds to get all the parts worn in but after about 100rounds the start functioning quite reliably. Accuracy is exllent out to 150yards and something that can't be beet, it folds in half compact enought that it fits in a tackle box... Truly awesome everyone should have at least 2... ... ...
Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 AM

My buddy just bought one- and you really do get what you pay for. They're cheap, in both senses of the word. But that was to be expected. The sights, on his anyways, were terrible. He had to adjust the front sight as far over as it would go, and it still isn't quite enough. Cool concept, inexpensive, but feels flimsy. I guess if your expectations match the price tag, you'll be happy.

That being said, when I asked him if he would be getting rid of it, as it seemed like he wasn't happy with it, he replied "Hell no, this thing is way too much fun to get rid of". So there ya go.