Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2019, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Caption this!!!
https://postmediaedmontonsun.files.w...1090312968.jpg

I have a few but I think I would get banned.
The deep playoff push!
Old 01-05-2019, 11:54 PM
Banned

Default And you wonder how ...

They earned the moniker “SOILERS”
Old 01-05-2019, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223MB View Post
The deep playoff push!
Not bad at all!!!

I was wondering why a team mate was obviously being violated that no one on the bench cares. LOLOLOL

I see your coach just Teed off on the whole team. He said they only respond if they have been shamed. Well, that just happened, I wonder what the response will be?
Old 01-06-2019, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not bad at all!!!

I was wondering why a team mate was obviously being violated that no one on the bench cares. LOLOLOL

I see your coach just Teed off on the whole team. He said they only respond if they have been shamed. Well, that just happened, I wonder what the response will be?
I can hear bob cole right now. “Kempe throws it back door”
Old 01-06-2019, 12:24 AM
Banned

Default Was it a ..

Back door jam? Or just a tap in?
Old 01-06-2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Moose View Post

Even Joey Moss thinks your troll game is weak...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2019, 12:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Working on his gap control.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Oilers “0” tonight.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:48 AM

Read this early this AM;

‘Nuge’s new line dubbed ‘the Helicopter Line’,

Sometimes flies.....with no wings.

Lol!!!

Gold! ........Er.... blasphemy!!!!

Go Oil!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 01-06-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Caption this!!!
https://postmediaedmontonsun.files.w...1090312968.jpg

I have a few but I think I would get banned.
Oh my, that is a sad photo. Looks like the team are barely interested spectators to a violation....

'There's a Cup in there somewhere'

'somebody has to take one for the team'

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-06-2019, 09:49 AM

Yesterdays game didnt matter. What matters is that on January 4th 1984 the Oilers beat the Minnesota North Stars 12-8.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:53 AM

Whoa!

Lucic has requested a trade..!

Big news. That’s interesting.

Seems like Chia has family in Anaheim, he’s gonna be staying there after tonight’s game... as in let go.

Looks like Kieth set up the last couple of trades......

Shake up happening
Old 01-06-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
How do you come up with these insightful and cerebral quotes? I am in awe
Old 01-06-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Whoa!

Seems like Chia has family in Anaheim, he’s gonna be staying there after tonight’s game... as in let go.

Shake up happening
Where are you picking that info up?
Old 01-06-2019, 10:24 AM

Sounds like Hitch has had it with trying to put a positive spin on things. His post-game interview caught my attention. "I've said enough, I'll get myself in further trouble"...
Old 01-06-2019, 10:37 AM

Maybe if the Oilers had a few first overall picks, another new coach, and a new arena, they could finally turn this around...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-06-2019, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Whoa!

Shake up happening
Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
Where are you picking that info up?

I found this.
https://www.beerleagueheroes.com/edm...equests-trade/

Not sure how reliable it is but some interesting thoughts for sure.

On a positive note, the Oil kings are doing well. Is there a ticket exchange program between the 2 clubs? Might be worth it???
Old 01-06-2019, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
I found this.
https://www.beerleagueheroes.com/edm...equests-trade/

Not sure how reliable it is but some interesting thoughts for sure.

On a positive note, the Oil kings are doing well. Is there a ticket exchange program between the 2 clubs? Might be worth it???
That kid has about as much credibility as my left shoe.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:51 AM

WOW seems like everything on the Oiler front, after last nights game could depress the Mardi Gras. That bench was a sad looking bunch, fans are loosing their minds. I feel for yeah cause this is no fun even from a guy who loves to see the Oils struggle but this is beyond the BOA..
McDavid is a major talent just being wasted for another season. I hope they get something going here soon. It's good for hockey if he can get rolling and as an Alberta fan fun to watch.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Banned

Default The SOILERS are playing out of this world good

Like URANUS
Old 01-06-2019, 12:51 PM

Default So...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223MB View Post
That kid has about as much credibility as my left shoe.
By casual observation.... you appear to be Dead Moose’s roommate.

Anyways.......

So! Imma thinkin big game here!

Morale is lower than a snakes belt buckle for my Mighty Oil and their faithful ( I ain’t down... I helped get another elk Friday an my training plan is on schedule so far so life’s good!) Gut check time for the committed. The ONE player I feel bad for is Nuge..... he’s been through this before, and he soldiers on.... his stats speak to his character.

Need a few other boys in the locker groom to take note.

I’d like to comment on a trend I’m noting. The blogosphere and media are sure as heck savage..... always has been. That’s gotta be a factor affecting the Oil over the last few years... I know ‘they get paid lots and yada yada... but Geeze!
The whole Jounal ‘player grade’ thing and such from other media types... it’s gotta affect a guys confidence.

For those of you keyboard warriors who are chomping at the bit to type ‘suck it up’...... you got zero free regarding this unless you’ve experienced it... sorry.

I think people still need to try to write on social media and other media with the mindset that they assume they are face to face in the conversation.

I got one example that keeps popping up in my head:

I’m closely related to an NHLer who played 20 seasons in the ‘90s and 2000’s.... good guy. He wore the A for more than one team. Voted several times on several teams as the fittest, most dedicated player on the team. He was never ever a vocal guy. He played along side a few of the greatest players to ever play. You’d like him.

Anyways, he did a stint in Montreal with the Habs..... and had a bad game. The media there savaged him. Never let it go. Rode him like a rented mule till finally he got traded.
The next team... well he quickly earned an assistant captain A again and had I think at least two decent playoff runs.

Only negative thing I heard him say about hockey was the Montreal media.

I think there’s a lesson to be learned there. For media types, sports fans ... and maybe us.

Say stuff like your saying it to the persons face.... and you’ll probably be a much more decent person....

Yea.... I’m sittin here with my thought procrastinating..I rambled.... sorry.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:21 PM

Good comments there Bessie, and I totally agree with you.

It almost makes me feel bad for the things I've publicly said about Mike Smith. Almost.

But what you said is true.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:41 PM

I really don't know why people are so upset. Look at the roster for goodness sakes, serious, take a look. Did anyone really expect this team, composed of, Brodziak, Chiasson, Gambardella, Kassian, Khaira, Lucic, Puljujarvi, Rattie, Rieder, Spooner, and Yamamoto, to a make the playoffs? Those guys, combined, as in all 11 of them, had 89 goals last year. So, essentially, lines 2, 3, and 4 are combining for one goal a night.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I really don't know why people are so upset. Look at the roster for goodness sakes, serious, take a look. Did anyone really expect this team, composed of, Brodziak, Chiasson, Gambardella, Kassian, Khaira, Lucic, Puljujarvi, Rattie, Rieder, Spooner, and Yamamoto, to a make the playoffs? Those guys, combined, as in all 11 of them, had 89 goals last year. So, essentially, lines 2, 3, and 4 are combining for one goal a night.
Best post on this thread. Just because as a fan I think they are a joke roster, doesn’t mean I’m bein negative likeothers here have said. My gawd people!! Be realistic! Look at the skill level on the ice.

As for firing Chia, sure fire him! But the GM sitting at his desk has nothing to do with a roster that won’t try and has no heart. It will take 2-3 years to undo the Chia years. That’s not being negative that’s being a realist...
Old 01-06-2019, 02:07 PM
Banned

Sorry guys. Watching Oiler fans hate on their team is hard. (Thats my job!!! )
I want things to get better. When is the next BOA. That will lift spirts. Especially if we start Smith for you. Consider it a late Christmas gift.

Big changes must happen. Perhaps a Billboard in Edmonton telling your Drug store cowboy to sell the team? Didn't work in Ottawa but might in Edmonton?

Mcdavid MUST come out and say he is not leaving. I have read that idea in a few places today and that is death for this organization. You lose him and all hell will break out. They will riot in the streets.

I cant imagine the frustration you guys are dealing with.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:10 PM

I still think they just need a new arena for the fans to enjoy, that guarantees success on the ice. It's working so far in Calgary...

And a new coach.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:23 PM
Banned

Default Looks Good on the SOILERS and their fans

All their bragging and bravado when they received the welfare pick of McDavid where the whole world was told —“It’s not a matter of when they will win Lord Stanley, but how many” . A little humbleness might have gone a long way.
Looks good on them now.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
All their bragging and bravado when they received the welfare pick of McDavid where the whole world was told —“It’s not a matter of when they will win Lord Stanley, but how many” . A little humbleness might have gone a long way.
Looks good on them now.
So much hate for the Oilers, did Draisaitl dump your sister or something?

Just out of curiosity, who do you actually cheer for other than Satan?
Old 01-06-2019, 02:54 PM

Default Just ramblings man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Best post on this thread. Just because as a fan I think they are a joke roster, doesn’t mean I’m bein negative likeothers here have said. My gawd people!! Be realistic! Look at the skill level on the ice.

As for firing Chia, sure fire him! But the GM sitting at his desk has nothing to do with a roster that won’t try and has no heart. It will take 2-3 years to undo the Chia years. That’s not being negative that’s being a realist...
My ramblings aren’t neccisarily meant for u (funny u think it is though). How you talk in public is your concern, not much mine.

Beginning of the season, I figured we’d be in a position to almost be in a wildcard playoff spot. 1/2 way through the season and we’re about where I figured we’d be.

Our roster only works if it’s ALL healthy..... it was... and we squeaked out a bit of a streak.

We did above .500 with this roster at the first 10 games..... dat was pretty darned good considering the sched.

The evidence suggests that the roster could make it to the playoffs.... if a few things rolled the right way.

They haven’t. That’s life. That’s being realistic.

Edmonton’s key to success is develop via draft..... why?... cause Edmonton.... unfortunately it’s not that attractive a town to big $ NHLers. It just ain’t.

I’m sure the ICe District will help.... but it’s been a problem since before our 2006 run (see Prongers wife and her hate on for the town) and I just don’t think it’ll help much.

Chia should get a lot of credit for getting a better crop of almost NHL ready players.... but many of those guys are 2-3 years away from being an impact. He screwed up on Rhinehart for sure (I think that was a MacT idea personally). He also screwed up doing a panic pick with Pullijarvie... we shoulda stuck with Tkachuk (silly name).... but overall... he’s seriously improved that system and I believe this’ll pay future big time dividends...... IF we don’t raid the cupboard now to ‘just make a playoff appearance’.....

This years roster couldn’t make it passed the second round as is.

Some of his trades have helped a lot.... others..... meh. I think that the Lucic signing and the Dumba NOT signing at that time was a big problem right there.
It indicated to me that it’d take big $ to get big players to come here.... McJesus be damned. I sincerely believe that Chia’s or ANY gm for Edmonton has to deal with one hand tied behind his back. (Cept I still can’t figure out how the Peg got it done...)

I give us a 50% chance of making the plays offs. Place our long term gibbled defender Sekera on LTIR..... then talk buyout. Free up some $ that way.

Then gamble a second round to find a 2-3 defender that we can pay to stick around. Carolinas got some.... same with LA (if they are out of contention by end Feb).

Maybe trade Philly for Simmonds....? Talbot and our other third?

Right now I’d keep bringing up guys (D) for a cup of coffee... see how they pan out.

Try to stay in the fight.

Regain the dressing room somehow.... cause Luu is done... someone else’s gotta pick er up. There’s been negative in the room since Kass asked to leave. It’s tough to think team when we pay em millions).

I feel bad for Nuge..... he’s a lot like Smitty..... a real hockey hero.

More ramblings.........

Last edited by bessiedog; 01-06-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
So much hate for the Oilers, did Draisaitl dump your sister or something?

Just out of curiosity, who do you actually cheer for other than Satan?
The 'Ignore' function was created for people like this. It really does help (unless somebody quotes their posts and you see them)... I highly recommend you try it, it has done wonders for cleaning up the hockey threads for me. It's just not worth the negative energy to engage....