Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-28-2020, 03:43 PM

Default Savage 110 Trigger Pivot pin.

I would like to change to an aftermarket trigger, but have this problem. Neither timney or rifle basix has the newer pivot pin required for their product. You are supposed to use the existing one. Mine has the set screw holding it to the pin, the aftermarket triggers don't have this setscrew.
So does anyone know where I can get the pin and e-clip. Found a pin and clip in the US but they don't ship to Canada, and for $2.00 US. Maddening.

Picture is of my trigger Part is circled on pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020769 1.jpg (101.1 KB, 58 views)
Old 10-28-2020, 05:17 PM

Try grainger. They will have an assortment of sizes.
https://www.grainger.ca/en/product/p...PC:+Google+PPC

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-28-2020, 06:29 PM

Thankyou Piker I will check them out tomorrow. Not sure they would have something that small but will check.

Last edited by Davey Boy; 10-28-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:58 PM

Nope Grainger doesn't have them small enough. 0.132" or 3.38 mm Diam
10.71 mm .422" long.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:44 PM

Have you tried calling Savage directly..?

I just bought a LH oversized bolt handle for a 110BA, arrived within 10 days of payment.

Old 10-31-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater View Post
Have you tried calling Savage directly..?

I just bought a LH oversized bolt handle for a 110BA, arrived within 10 days of payment.

I have called directly, they need a part #, can't find a part #, schematics don't have a # for the pivot pin. They were very unhelpfull and it seemed like I was interupting them from something.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:35 PM

https://www.mcmaster.com/dowel-pins/

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-31-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
I have called directly, they need a part #, can't find a part #, schematics don't have a # for the pivot pin. They were very unhelpful and it seemed like I was interrupting them from something.
I have had the opposite experience. I provided them with my SN and they found what I required and sent it right away. Service must vary between different people taking the calls I am guessing.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:51 PM

Going to try Savage on a different day and see if I get someone else more accomodating. And no Macmaster Carr doesn't have anything small enough either, but thanks.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:37 AM
Shooting Xs

Unless Savage has changed the dimensions of that cross pin lately, this should be the one:
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1513910H
Unfortunately ,it's out of stock and the cost of shipping and exchange makes it too pricey as an option.
If this is the correct pin with retaining clip, all you need is a Serial # from a Model 111/11(older model) to order from Savage USA or Grech Outdoors in Ont.
http://www.grechoutdoors.ca.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:22 AM

Thank you DLAB. I was never able to find a Part # for it, now I have a definite part to ask for. Many thanks.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:50 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Thank you DLAB. I was never able to find a Part # for it, now I have a definite part to ask for. Many thanks.
Not sure it's a Savage part # or a product # for Numrich, but this pin was used in both Accu-trigger and pre- Accu-trigger models, they may still require a Model and serial # for the year of Manufacture.
If this is the case ,let me know and I'll supply you with a Serial # from an applicable firearm.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:18 AM

Thanks Dlab may need that # My gun is a CIL 950C made for CIL by savage. Identical to 110C with side button magazine eject. So not sure if my ser # will line up. Gun was bought new in 1.969 Will start enquiring tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:38 PM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Thanks Dlab may need that # My gun is a CIL 950C made for CIL by savage. Identical to 110C with side button magazine eject. So not sure if my ser # will line up. Gun was bought new in 1.969 Will start enquiring tomorrow.

Thanks again.
I know it well ,owned one in .270 Win., the trigger in mine was fully adjustable, I had it set for for a very nice 2 lb. pull with virtually no creep or over travel.
The 950 C triggers were ordered specifically by CIL, they were not the same as the standard 110 C, stock and sights were upgraded also, at least on mine.
Also a 950 T switch barrel Target model ,Cat will know all about these.
They were listed as a Custom Grade Model and retailed for more than the Savage.
If you can't adjust, are you sure the original cross pin won't work with the after market? The hole diameter in the triggers should be the same, I'm thinking.
Savage won't be able to help you with it as a CIL model.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:42 PM

My trigger has a setscrew that snugs it down to the pin. The aftermarket ones don't have a setscrew, they use the pin that you found. I have tried adjusting mine but it won't go down where I would like, so hence the pin if I can get it then maybe a Timney or Rifle Basix.

Last edited by Davey Boy; 11-01-2020 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:06 AM
Shooting Xs

Sorry ,not sure where I was going with that, the after market won't have a hole through the trigger shoe for the set screw and the cross pin won't stay in with out it, brain fart. lol
PM sent.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:23 AM

I am not at home but will check my 950C and 950T parts when I get back I think I may have several of the CIL complete triggers but not sure .
Cat
Old 11-02-2020, 06:51 AM
Shooting Xs

How light of trigger pull are you after? Timney is 2-2.5 lbs. RB is 14 oz.- 3 lbs.,
The 950T trigger Cat has should go light. Have you considered letting a Gunsmith tune the original?
I'm sure I still have the adjustment instructions for the 950C here, it's been some years since I had it, seems to me two of the screws were adjusted in reverse order over a normal Sav. trigger.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:58 AM

Your right about the 2 screws that adjust backwards from the Savage Instructions. I did scratch my head over that for a bit. I did adjust it down, but would like to try a bit more. Going to try the weaker spring, see if that works. Original spring is.059" On the Savage forum they recommend .040 -.045"

I kinda like the RB trigger over the Timney as it has more adjustment to it.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:58 AM
Shooting Xs

Refresh my memory it's been a while, does this have a piece of spring steel wire hooked in along the exterior trigger housing like early non Accu-trigger models? Not a coil spring ,right?
If so, I have the correct gauge(.042") stainless spring steel wire you'll need, had to buy a spool of it, a 10 life time supply.lol
I'll send you some if you want, PM me your mailing address I'll throw some in an envelope.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:47 AM

Actually just picked up some.039 and .047 piano wire from PM Hobbycraft.
Going to give that I try and see what I can come up with.

Here is a pic of the older style trigger. It has a straight spring bent in a tiny l-shape to fit in the adjustment screw. Thanks for the offer of the spring btw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3-ScrewTrigger3.jpg (60.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-02-2020, 11:09 AM

Just talked to Savage once I got the part # of the pin and e-clip. Now to order from Grech. Will let you know how I make out.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Actually just picked up some.039 and .047 piano wire from PM Hobbycraft.
Going to give that I try and see what I can come up with.

Here is a pic of the older style trigger. It has a straight spring bent in a tiny l-shape to fit in the adjustment screw. Thanks for the offer of the spring btw.
Yup that's it, changing the spring only to the .042 wire, mine went from just over 5 lbs. to just under 3 lbs. with out touching the screws.
Again ,if I remember correctly, Grech didn't want part #'s, just model #.I had the part #'s for a complete bolt head all ready for them, emailed the info and was told she didn't order using part #'s ,which I thought strange.
Anyway, you got it figured now.