Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2020, 08:04 AM

i literally just fought with one for nearly 5 years. would shrink then come back. finally got upto nearly the size of a dime and was very painful at times. it took about a year of home treatments of cutting off the head, home nitrogen kits, wart remover rings and duct tape. i did this a couple times a week for a very, very long time.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso1234 View Post
I've had luck using Super Cold electronics spray

https://www.mgchemicals.com/products...-cold-134-403a

Or computer "duster" with the can turned upside down, which is also often HFC-134a.

Either sprayed directly on the skin in short bursts, or spray into a piece of Mr.Clean magic eraser and apply to the wart, which seems to work better.

Super cheap so you can reapply daily.
Never thought of that! What a great alternative to those obscenely expensive wart remover kits.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:16 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
My solution.
Acquire Plantars Wart playing beer league hockey with the fellas.
Find new gal with a very evil bent.
Limp where she can see it.
Complain how the skate bothers it.
Find small stick to chew on.
Lay face down on bed nightly for a month while she picks it with a needle.
Cry manly tears, what else can you do.
Be happy it worked, it was only 30 nights of misery.
Make new gal a keeper, she saw you at your best early on.

Good Luck!
Still a better love story than Twilight!

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 07-10-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOff View Post
Find a Doc that uses liquid Nitrogen. You will have to be treated 4 maybe 5 times. Over the counter wart remover works for most warts, but the sole of the foot seems too thick to treat that way.
Nitogen and laser does Sweet FA for bad cases of worts
Old 07-10-2020, 01:04 PM

Default D C P the shortened name for the miracle cure

lads sorry I have not got back to this thread sooner, DCP is the. new chemistry for bad long term worts

here is the word if you think you need it Diphenylcyclopropenone

Happy new lives every one.....FS
Old 07-11-2020, 06:13 PM

Find a doc who will apply canthacur ps
Works well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2020, 01:46 PM

Default new information added

Sorry it took me soo long to add the pertinent information about the wort cure.....FS
Old 07-14-2020, 12:59 PM

Default Wartabater

I tried many ideas listed in this thread on my feet with poor success. In my search for a cure I came across this about 5 years ago. Used it 5-6 times on 2 warts on heel & they died/disappeared in about 3 weeks. Since then my wife & two sons have used it several times with same outcome every time. I was super skeptical about it & never would have believed if I didn’t see it for myself!
https://www.wartabater.com/
Old 07-14-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso1234 View Post
I've had luck using Super Cold electronics spray

https://www.mgchemicals.com/products...-cold-134-403a

Or computer "duster" with the can turned upside down, which is also often HFC-134a.

Either sprayed directly on the skin in short bursts, or spray into a piece of Mr.Clean magic eraser and apply to the wart, which seems to work better.

Super cheap so you can reapply daily.
That's what I used. Cut a piece of drinking straw and put it over the wart to contain it and spray it in the straw. Wait for it to evaporate and repeat as many times as you can stand. Do this every day and it should be gone in a couple weeks.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:43 PM

I tried almost everything you guys have listed. Finally went to a podiatrist. I believe he called it beetle juice or something like that. Said they would blister and be very painful, not to break the blister for as long as I could stand the pain. Didn't make it 24 hours before one swelled so bad it broke on its own, pain relief was amazing, proceeded to pop the other blister. Haven't had them since but can still sense them every once in a while. One was on my big toe and other was on the other foot just below and to the outside of the big toe. Hard to work in work boots with those but I managed, was a little bow legged to enable myself to walk on the out sides of my feet. I ever get them again i am going straight back to a podiatrist.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:12 PM

Had two of them in my early teens, one on the ball off my foot and on the side of my heel, same foot.Used Compound W. Put white tape over them and picked the dead skin off daily. Can’t remember how long it took but one day the whole thing came out, root and all. Couldn’t believe how long the root was. Never came back.
Sounds like there are better ways now.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:21 PM
Banned

Many years ago had them and doctor did the freeze and burn method . I asked him if the needle would hurt he said yes. When the rather large nurse laid all her weight on my leg and told me to lay down I knew I was in trouble . Two smaller ones on side were like ripping nail off a finger. When the doctor went straight in the one on my heel just about passed out and thought would faint. Smell of burning flesh after and they were gone.

Funny thing my cousin had them the following year and I told him what to expect . He went to hospital and was sweating in the waiting room. Nurse asked him what he was there for as she saw him worrying and he said planters wort removal . She said it doesn’t hurt he gave her a yeah right. He said my cousin got them froze and burnt off. She said that is barbaric we use liquid nitrogen .

That is when learned best to research your options before getting something done.
Honestly would have rather took a punch in the face instead of the freeze and burn method .
Freezing kills a person.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:23 PM

I have also had the misfortune of dealing with plantars warts for years. Don't have any right now. Have tried most of the above mentioned treatments. Whatever method one chooses, I believe persistence is the key in getting rid of them.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststeel View Post
Sorry it took me soo long to add the pertinent information about the wort cure.....FS
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3870211/
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 07-25-2020, 08:09 PM

Default treatment

just wondering if any of you long time sufferers have made appointments to check out the new Chemistry.....FS
Old 10-29-2020, 01:08 AM

Default reminder

just thought I was bring this thread back incase there some new folks suffering from this old problem.....FS
Old 10-29-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Interesting!

Knowing me, I'd be among those listed as the "four failures".
Old 10-29-2020, 02:12 PM

I've noticed that the Life brand remover with salicylic acid seems a better value than others as its not as gummy/viscous. It always seems that the last 1/3 of the bottle of the other stuff sets up before it can be used.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Robertson screwdriver head heated with a torch. Not for the faint of heart. Cleared up some the doc was having problems with back in my teens.

Dodger.
Gave myself an emergency root canal with a sharpened wood screw,,, dentist later on said I did a great job and nothing more needed to be done.

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

That being said, I'll try the wussy wart removal technique.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
Gave myself an emergency root canal with a sharpened wood screw,,, dentist later on said I did a great job and nothing more needed to be done.

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Now, that there garners a whole lotta respect!
Old 10-29-2020, 09:15 PM

i had them on both feet several years ago, very painful, more so barefoot.
i cut and poked at them continually, someone told me to try bleach, couple weeks later, gone. no sign that they were ever there.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:50 PM

I had a dr perscribe cimetidine (heartburn med) for my daughters warts. Worked great. A helk of a lot easier, quicker, and less painfull than what i used to do!
Old 10-29-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkaren View Post
I had them on both feet several years ago, very painful, more so barefoot.i cut and poked at them
continually, someone told me to try bleach, couple weeks later, gone. no sign that they were ever there.
Interesting, was that Straight Bleach or mixed/diluted ?
Old 10-29-2020, 10:30 PM

Funny this thread just popped up again.

I had a wart on my index finger froze yesterday. Didn’t hurt too bad but wasn’t painless either.

Big blister around it today and I have been lancing it with a needle to relieve the pressure. Man it hurts today hah
Old 10-30-2020, 07:29 AM

Funny, We have tried everything from the duct tape, to the nail polish. everything short of the freezing and burning to get rid of my daughters warts and they still come back.
Terrible. Even the Family doctor just keeps telling us "use wart remover from over the counter" nothing has worked.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:32 AM

Default Plantars Wart

My wife had problems with one until she took vitamin B 12 and it went away.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:42 AM

I had one on my big toe, pretty sure I picked it up in the hockey dressing room. Doc gave me some Chemo Cream and two weeks later it was gone.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:32 AM

Am I the only one that went and googled pictures of planters warts? I've been watching pimple popper lately and its grotesque and strangely fascinating all at once...

Time for lunch!
Old 10-30-2020, 01:23 PM

Get your doc to do Canthacur/Cantharone +, cover with Tegaderm for 8 h, wait 2 weeks, remove blister/dead skin with a scalpel until pink skin exposed, otherwise it does not work, reapply, cover, repeat. Don't skip a treatment.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:09 PM

Default DCP treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Had to deal with some back in my Karate days. Best result was from some type of X-Ray. Also had one “scooped out”. Some guys had success using duct tape to cover a dab of wort remover.
OP ... why not describe what was done....no big deal.
They inject you body with the chemical to make sure you have no issues with it, two week wait till your next injection on the warts them selves, 4 more weekly does and for me problem solved.
2 years later no reocurring issues