Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2020, 06:52 PM

Default The Lincoln Project and Sam Elliot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MwvdsM3zrM
Old 10-28-2020, 06:56 PM

Another burnt out actor from Hollywood that sold out.
P.S. Actors should act. They tend to think they are something special or some kind of god. Most are pedophile's.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff

Last edited by vcmm; 10-28-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:34 PM
Banned

Nice to see he’s still doing comedy.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:14 PM

Dam, he was up there with John Wayne on my tough guy list. Hope Quigley doesn’t show up next on a Prius commercial.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:15 PM

That made me puke a little bit.

BW
Old 10-28-2020, 09:24 PM

I normally don't pay much attention to political statements that most athletes who and actors say, especially when they typically do not hold the same beliefs as I do.
This guy is no different
Cat
Old 10-28-2020, 09:27 PM

Smooth ... easy listening, just sit back & sip those $3.00 glass of water Trump bill the US tax payers and enjoy the video. Tks for posting.

Old 10-28-2020, 09:49 PM

Well that was just bloody awful. Now who am I gonna want to style my mustache after....

I hope David Baker doesn't do a Biden ad.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 10-28-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:14 PM

Loved him in road house.

Netflix show canceled so needs to pay the bills some way now I guess?
Old 10-28-2020, 10:23 PM

Is there a puke emoji?
Old 10-29-2020, 07:43 AM

Gretzky became my #1 hero when he told the media to stop asking him about politics and get back to hockey.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:53 AM

Sam Elliot played good characters, but at the end of the day they are all actors for our entertainment. I don't give their view on life any credence as they only exist to entertain me.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:23 AM

I used to really like him in his earlier roles. Been a little more disappointed in some of his more recent appearances, but hey, I don't have to watch the stuff.

Really wish that I had a voice like his, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Sam Elliot played good characters, but at the end of the day they are all actors for our entertainment. I don't give their view on life any credence as they only exist to entertain me.
Exactly how I feel as well.

Sam Elliott: "Vote for Joe."
Me: "Dance, Monkey. DANCE!"
Old 10-29-2020, 08:42 AM

Actors opinions have the same value as someone who posts on AO forums. Usually directly proportional to whether you agree with them or not.

The same person who claims Sam is full of crap, will post a video from some nobody on Youtube and claim it as gospel. Such is the new world we live in.

Cheers
Old 10-29-2020, 09:23 AM

Are we sure this is Sam Elliot? Voice doesn't sound quite right to me.

Maybe it is but in the age of everything fake..
Old 10-29-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
Actors opinions have the same value as someone who posts on AO forums. Usually directly proportional to whether you agree with them or not.

The same person who claims Sam is full of crap, will post a video from some nobody on Youtube and claim it as gospel. Such is the new world we live in.

Cheers
One of the smartest posts I've read on here regarding politics.
I have never understood why some folks think anyone in the entertainment industry is not allowed to voice an opinion on issues important to them. This election is set to be the most important one in decades, and more people than ever are coming out to say what they think. It is called freedom of speech. Don't forget that the occupant of the Oval Office was a reality TV show host, and yet, here we are.

Great ad, by the way. Thanks for sharing!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 10-29-2020, 01:58 PM

I don't think anyone is saying that entertainers shouldn't have an opinion on issues - social or political.

To paraphrase what others have said, their opinions have the same value as any other human - even AO members.

The issue that I have is that some people give them more credibility just because they recognize the brand, not because of any personal merit.

For example, I find it very difficult to take Leonardo DiCaprio's statements on climate change seriously. However, some do, because they were captivated by his role in Titanic.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Sorry but I just had to fix it.
I don't appreciate that, actually.

I guess that is why I usually refrain from opining in these discussions.

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 10-29-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Sorry but I just had to fix it.
Does the PM being a clown justify the President being a clown? I just can't understand why every negative Trump post is followed up by a "but Trudeau!" post. It's possible to dislike both men, and it should be possible to say something negative about one and not need to introduce the other into the conversation.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
Does the PM being a clown justify the President being a clown? I just can't understand why every negative Trump post is followed up by a "but Trudeau!" post. It's possible to dislike both men, and it should be possible to say something negative about one and not need to introduce the other into the conversation.
Ok, trump doesn’t pet, kiss and smell children he doesn’t know, joe biden does it on national television. It’s the sickest thing I could ever imagine yet the liberals refuse to acknowledge it. If he’s doing that in public I can’t imagine what he does in private. There’s nothing trump has done or been accused of doing that’s as sick as what joe biden does. Trumps criminal activity is related to trump, trudeaus criminal activity relates to Canadian tax payers which put him in a more douchebag class than trump imo.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Ok, trump doesn’t pet, kiss and smell children he doesn’t know, joe biden does it on national television. It’s the sickest thing I could ever imagine yet the liberals refuse to acknowledge it. If he’s doing that in public I can’t imagine what he does in private. There’s nothing trump has done or been accused of doing that’s as sick as what joe biden does. Trumps criminal activity is related to trump, trudeaus criminal activity relates to Canadian tax payers which put him in a more douchebag class than trump imo.

Here is one with his daughter on his lap. Not creepy at all...

Old 10-29-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I don't see how this relates to what I said. You introduced Joe Biden to a conversation where I was talking about Donald Trump and Justin Trudeau.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't see how this relates to what I said. You introduced Joe Biden to a conversation where I was talking about Donald Trump and Justin Trudeau.
You said you hate it when American president trump is compared to Canadian prime minister trudeau so I did an apple to apple comparison, two American presidential candidates.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
You said you hate it when American president trump is compared to Canadian prime minister trudeau so I did an apple to apple comparison, two American presidential candidates.
You're just furthering my point that Donald Trump can't be criticized without a subsequent "But what about _____!?" from one of his supporters.

Hey, I don't like Justin Trudeau, and Joe Biden doesn't exactly instill passion in me, but I don't see why the critiques and comments can't be separate.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by funclint03 View Post

Here is one with his daughter on his lap. Not creepy at all...

Ok, look at what you were able to dig up, trumps daughter on his lap is what children do with their fathers, there is nothing sinister in that in the slightest. Now here’s a drop in the bucket of what creepy joe does. Do a quick search on YouTube, the videos are worse.

It’s so sick how he touches, holds, caresses children, if he touched my child like that I’d slap the sicko upside the head.
Old 10-29-2020, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
You're just furthering my point that Donald Trump can't be criticized without a subsequent "But what about _____!?" from one of his supporters.

Hey, I don't like Justin Trudeau, and Joe Biden doesn't exactly instill passion in me, but I don't see why the critiques and comments can't be separate.
Who do you want to bring in for comparison? The race is between Donald and joe, Republicans vs Democrats, conservatives vs liberals..... there has to be some point of comparison, I don’t know what you expect? I have never liked trump but we can’t make people up, Americans have only 2 choices. When comparing trump to trudeau it’s embarrassing, Canadians have absolutely no grounds to insult trump having elected trudeau twice!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Who do you want to bring in for comparison? The race is between Donald and joe, Republicans vs Democrats, conservatives vs liberals..... there has to be some point of comparison, I don’t know what you expect? I have never liked trump but we can’t make people up, Americans have only 2 choices. When comparing trump to trudeau it’s embarrassing, Canadians have absolutely no grounds to insult trump having elected trudeau twice!!!!!!
If I'm talking about how much of a moron Justin Trudeau is, I would find it unusual to have the other person tell me, "Well what about Donald Trump?" To be perfectly honest, I don't receive that response very often, but nearly every time I criticize Donald Trump, I get, "But what about Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Justin Trudeau, etc." Or the old, "You must be a LieBeRaL" if you don't support Donald Trump.

It's a sign of how divisive politics has become, and frankly the cult-like following that Trump has. It's as if you're criticizing the person's dad or something.

You can be right of center and think that Donald Trump is a complete and utter moron, but I digress, which funny enough is what I was just calling you out for

Have a good one
Old 10-29-2020, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
If I'm talking about how much of a moron Justin Trudeau is, I would find it unusual to have the other person tell me, "Well what about Donald Trump?" To be perfectly honest, I don't receive that response very often, but nearly every time I criticize Donald Trump, I get, "But what about Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Justin Trudeau, etc." Or the old, "You must be a LieBeRaL" if you don't support Donald Trump.

It's a sign of how divisive politics has become, and frankly the cult-like following that Trump has. It's as if you're criticizing the person's dad or something.

You can be right of center and think that Donald Trump is a complete and utter moron, but I digress, which funny enough is what I was just calling you out for

Have a good one
It’s not a trump thing, it’s a republican thing, it’s not a trudeau thing, it’s a liberal thing, it’s a right vs left thing. Trump doesn’t make the decisions himself, the republicans make the decisions. Just like trudeau doesn’t make the decisions, the liberals do. I find it hard to believe this is so hard for you to comprehend. A liberal south of the border is just as dangerous as a liberal north of the border when it comes to Albertans future. Biden is as big of a problem for Alberta as trudeau.

When neither candidate is one you’d choose, people choose to support the party that supports your view. Trump might be the captain of the ship but he’s not the engine. I get it though, it’s easier to say you don’t like trump than it is to admit being a liberal, especially in Alberta.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
It’s not a trump thing, it’s a republican thing, it’s not a trudeau thing, it’s a liberal thing, it’s a right vs left thing. Trump doesn’t make the decisions himself, the republicans make the decisions. Just like trudeau doesn’t make the decisions, the liberals do.
The Lincoln Project was founded by conservative Republicans, Steve Schmidt, Rick Wilson and George Conway are among them. Bill Kristol and Charley Sykes are doing the Bullwark, Glenn Beck and David Frum have spoken out against Trump. How many former cabinet members and their senior staff members have said their time working for him have turned them against Trump?

It’s not a right / left thing, it’s a right / wrong thing.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
The Lincoln Project was founded by conservative Republicans, Steve Schmidt, Rick Wilson and George Conway are among them. Bill Kristol and Charley Sykes are doing the Bullwark, Glenn Beck and David Frum have spoken out against Trump. How many former cabinet members and their senior staff members have said their time working for him have turned them against Trump?

It’s not a right / left thing, it’s a right / wrong thing.
This I understand. I understand they are upset at how he runs things, I imagine a lot of there disdain is from them being politicians and had a businessman come in from nowhere and win the election. I don’t think trump understands politics, certainly not on a level a president should, but he understands economics, and his approach to the rioting is way better than senile joes approach of leaving it be. I guarantee the people in America who are watching their livelihoods being destroyed by a bunch of degenerate bottom dwellers while not being able to do a thing about it wish the national guard would step in and save them.

I have to ask a simple yes or no question to you.... If trump is wrong is biden right? Like it or not that is the only two choices America has.