Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
No you got it all wrong Caber, most of that money was either taxes we paid, or money the government borrowed, so they could rain happiness down in the form of CERB. Its all just Liberal goodness. Justin did it.

It was a seven month long investigation. When did CERB start?

Prove me wrong.
That money definitely helped fuel the illegal drug trade, no doubt about it.. Hard to imagine anyone disagreeing with that. But dealers were stacking the cash long before CERB was a thing.

Anyone that sells Fentanyl I personally wish them a slow, painful, miserable death. Unlike the quick death their customers get. Scumbags!
Old 10-28-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
That money definitely helped fuel the illegal drug trade, no doubt about it.. Hard to imagine anyone disagreeing with that. But dealers were stacking the cash long before CERB was a thing.

Anyone that sells Fentanyl I personally wish them a slow, painful, miserable death. Unlike the quick death their customers get. Scumbags!
Any dealer caught with that crap should be force fed 50% of what they're holding.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinAlberta View Post
Fascinating!!!!

I’ve never thought of government payments this way before!!!

Think about it. A cheque from the government actually creates a lot of efficiency! Paying people who then pay the criminals actually reduces crime.

Say your vehicle gets broken into. You lose a few hundred bucks of possessions which you do an insurance claim for but you likely get less than your true loss. Then there’s the cost of the vehicle repair followed by higher insurance premiums for an eternity. Basically you’re out like a thousand or two thousand bucks. Plus your insurance premiums are already higher because of crime in general.

In the end you’d wish you could have just given the crook a hundred bucks to not break into your vehicle. You’d be ten times better off!!!

So getting money to people with addictions not only cuts massive amounts of taxpayers money paid for high cost courts, jails, lawyers and other organizations but also saves the victims of crime huge amounts of money too.

Makes another case for a universal basic income. Put the societal savings into drug addiction research!
Why do communists think that everything that doesn’t work just needs more of other people’s money?

You want to fix it, it’s real easy. Stop dispatching ambulances and treating repeat OD victims that side fixes itself. Lock people up for multiple decades. While locked up stop club med. They must earn their meal or starve. They would be out repaying society with labour; like the rest of us. When the jails fill up, and we are saturated past a 3 shift hot-cot swap, they can build another jail. We will save money and have them quarry and cut their own stone.

That reduces crime, saves us money, and improves society, not that wretched slide into lunacy you suggest.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:00 AM

You see all those crackheads on bikes running around town?

Most of them hang out here.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/51.00...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

The police know this too.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
You see all those crackheads on bikes running around town?

Most of them hang out here.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/51.00...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

The police know this too.

A buddy of mine lives right next door to that. He’s the place on the corner with the Shinto Shrine/Ninjutsu martial arts school. There was a murder there this year where someone was stabbed and died a by a parked car right outside his place, in media photos of the scene his house showed up in the background. Now he can personally mop the floor with multiple attackers without even breaking a sweat, but he’s got a wife and children to worry about. He bought that place about 16 years ago more due to size of the garage available to convert into a dojo rather than the house itself. Back then there was not the problem there that there is today, he’s now got a drug house next door. I hope the gov’t comes around and fences the place off and boards it up like they’ve done with other problem properties.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Interesting. 2 mg of fentanyl can kill. A prescribed doctor approved drug would measure fentanyl in millionths of a gram. That stuff is scary.
Fentanyl is scary enough, now we have Carfentanil to worry about.

It's 100 times stronger then Fentanyl, THAT'S scary!

A piece barely visible to the naked eye is all it can take to kill you, kids (and adult users) have no idea how dangerous it is with these synthetic drugs. They are literally putting their lives in the hands of whoever cooked up whatever they are using and hoping they did it right, if they didn't, they can die. That's an awful steep price to pay.

A good friend of mine lost his 14 yr old daughter to a Fentanyl OD about 8 months ago.

Straight A student, excelled at all her extra circular activity's, both parents were at the dinner table every night with both kids, did everything a parent should do, and they didn't have a clue she was experimenting until after it was too late.

Anyone that thinks this is just a Junkie problem clearly hasn't been paying attention.

I have no kids of my own but have three nephews all around 20 and one of them is experimenting. Scares the CRAP out of me. I gave my Sis a Naloxone kit and showed her how to use it and pleaded with said Nephew to tell his mom when he is using so she can keep a close eye on him and be prepared if things do go sideways. I'm not stupid enough to think he isn't going to try new things, so I preach the harm reduction route.

He's come to me a few times looking for advice knowing I've been there, and done that, and I appreciate the heck out the fact he can confide in me like that. But I gave all that up long before synthetics were a thing. Extacy was just coming out when I was at the tail end of my experimental phase, and that stuff scared me. Had a bad trip and ended up puking my guys out for 10 hrs straight. That was about enough for me.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Any dealer caught with that crap should be force fed 50% of what they're holding.
i would rather see 100%
Old 10-29-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
It is time that we legalize all drugs and put the police out of business. If drugs were legalized it may reduce crime and put both the dealers and a good portion of the police forces out of business. Taxpayer's money saved from the reduction in drug enforcement could be used to treat addictions.
Another issue is parents refusing to parent. As a discipline measure we need to make parents flog their children when children break the law. Parents that refuse to flog their children should also be flogged. The scars left on the back would show who has broken the law.
Why would the addicts care if the dope is legal or not? if they are addicts they will still happily steal anything you own to buy their drugs. wouldnt matter if they were buying legal drugs if the money they get to buy it is from, say your stolen guns out of your safe from your basement, or stolen car out of your garage, or really anything you held dear that you valued. Legalize heroin or meth or crack and see if they give a rats a@@ about your personal property.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.J View Post
Why would the addicts care if the dope is legal or not? if they are addicts they will still happily steal anything you own to buy their drugs. wouldnt matter if they were buying legal drugs if the money they get to buy it is from, say your stolen guns out of your safe from your basement, or stolen car out of your garage, or really anything you held dear that you valued. Legalize heroin or meth or crack and see if they give a rats a@@ about your personal property.
Exactly right.

I think the other guy either does it or has family in a system somewhere. There are only so many reasons for people to want to get rid of policing and legalize something so stupid, worthless, dangerous.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-30-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Exactly right.

I think the other guy either does it or has family in a system somewhere. There are only so many reasons for people to want to get rid of policing and legalize something so stupid, worthless, dangerous.
I agree. Hopefully he will be the first to put himself on a list for people that don't want police to respond to any issues involving him. Legalizing narcotics may provide safer drugs but the addicts will still need to steal to support their habit.
Also once narcotics are no longer illegal more people are likely to try it because it's not illegal anymore. Lots of people who never used to smoke weed are now trying it out. The edibles are very popular now and there are cooking classes to learn to make your own edibles.
One thing I never understood was why a dealer would put something in the product that was very likely to cause death. Killing off your customers is a pretty bad business move.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
No you got it all wrong Caber, most of that money was either taxes we paid, or money the government borrowed, so they could rain happiness down in the form of CERB. Its all just Liberal goodness. Justin did it.

It was a seven month long investigation. When did CERB start?

Prove me wrong.
How right you are. Don't think there is a junkie anywhere that would buy food with a $2000.00 cheque burning a hole in their pocket and the spike in opioid OD's increased in the last 7 months is probably just a coincidence right??