Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-26-2020, 08:00 AM

Default insulate fishing shack

I got a 22' camper that's partially gutted already. I have a wood stove that's going in it and was thinking of insulating the floor to help keep the kids feet warm. Has anyone spray foamed underneath and did it help or is there another route that I should go? I have catch covers for the holes to stop the draft and might insulate the inside walls with 1" sheets of insulation where the benches are. Any other tips on how to keep it nice and warm so I can save a bit on wood and avoid cool spots. Also going to get a fan for the stove to blow the heat around
Old 10-26-2020, 11:25 PM

That's alot of ice fishing shack to get unstuck if it freezes in!!!

Perhaps your best area to concentrate your efforts on would be the sleigh works or axle set that you will move it around with. Some system to keep a shack that big from freezing in will be the number one priority if you ever want a chance to move it or pull it off in the spring.

Drewski
Old 10-27-2020, 07:42 AM

Iam guessing u r keeping it on wheels. I spray foamed my trailer and it works great to hold in heat. I would use those catch cover cones as well if the shack is still on wheels. They keep the wind and cold from blowing up into the trailer. Descent matting on the floor is worthwhile too. I agree I would be very cautious where and how u use this on the ice. And make sure there is lots of good ice.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:55 PM

Ive had them before, Im keeping it on wheels so freezing in isnt much of an issue. When it starts warming in the spring I just put boards under the hitch and the wheels dont seem to melt in much. I live at the lake so I can keep an eye on it fairly easily