Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
When I first moved to the city a few years ago I was living on the top floor (17th flr.) of a high rise overlooking the river valley. One night I was awake at 3 am and went out on my balcony. It was extremely dark as in was overcast with heavy clouds that seemed only 100 feet above me. While looking to the south I noticed something gliding through the air towards me 50 feet above the building. I could barely see it against the clouds. It had no lights of any kind or propellers. It was totally silent as it went directly over my head at maybe 50 miles an hour. What ever it was flew north. It had a wingspan of maybe 16 feet and a length of 12 feet. The weird thing was there wasn't any kind of sound at all, not even the air against the wings, and the fact that it was 3 am on a very overcast night near downtown Edmonton. This was the view from my balcony.

Batman??
Old 07-24-2020, 07:14 PM

Time to bump this one. Way more entertaining than all the bad news threads these days.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:29 PM

Yep, recently our village idiot PM got caught with his side kick finance minister trying to steal 950,000,000 and still not resigned or arrested for fraud.... that’s unexplained to me....
Old 07-24-2020, 11:48 PM

The Edmonton Funicular. It cost $24 million to build an angular elevator that takes 36 seconds to go from top to bottom, which in essence goes from nowhere to nowhere. It parallels a 170 step staircase that I could probably ascend/decent much more quickly even in my 50's, and costs between $500k and $1 million per year to operate. I never thought that a city council could vote to waste so much money on such a stupid project, but I have to admit that I totally underestimated their capability.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
The Edmonton Funicular. It cost $24 million to build an angular elevator that takes 36 seconds to go from top to bottom, which in essence goes from nowhere to nowhere. It parallels a 170 step staircase that I could probably ascend/decent much more quickly even in my 50's, and costs between $500k and $1 million per year to operate. I never thought that a city council could vote to waste so much money on such a stupid project, but I have to admit that I totally underestimated their capability.
I thought that this gondola project was a private venture, city wasn’t involved?
Old 07-25-2020, 09:31 PM

Crazy reading most of these stories, has anyone that has posted in the original thread seen or experienced the same things as they had talked about before?

I love this kind of stuff.

Back east, we lived in a house that used to be a funeral home in the early 1900s

Very creepy things happened in that house, doors opening and closing, the bottom drawer of the oven flying out and all the pots and pans scattered everywhere , footsteps and seeing dark objects in rooms.

My dad says he had seen an old lady who was the original owner? (Unsure)

The house had an old clay basement, basically a crawl space, so my parents had the house lifted and an actual foundation poured underneath it , all power was disconnected during this, but my dad got a phone call one night from the neighbor across the street asking who was in the house because the lights in the attic were on.

He went to the house and checked it out and the meter was still disconnected but he said it looked like candlelight in the attic.

Needless to say he did not check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2020, 10:09 PM

Answer to original question.....

I’m married......so yes , often
Old 07-25-2020, 11:17 PM

I can't explain how the Turd could get elected the first time and the second time is even more perplexing.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:04 AM

I was out taking some pictures of my jeep one day and when I got home and put them on the computer, I zoomed into the windshield and saw something wierd...like a leathery sorta skull face.

Old 07-26-2020, 07:09 AM

I was driving one evening in northern Mn with a good friend. Before dark and on a stretch of road that was just about an hour of absolutely nothing until the next town.
We left a town and headed down toward the other and after about 5 miles out, we were there. Just there. Looked at each other and said how did we get here? Neither remembered a thing about traveling that lonesome stretch that night.
I’ve seen some things I can’t explain but experiencing this has me baffled to this day.

Osky
Old 07-26-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
I was driving one evening in northern Mn with a good friend. Before dark and on a stretch of road that was just about an hour of absolutely nothing until the next town.
We left a town and headed down toward the other and after about 5 miles out, we were there. Just there. Looked at each other and said how did we get here? Neither remembered a thing about traveling that lonesome stretch that night.
I’ve seen some things I can’t explain but experiencing this has me baffled to this day.

Osky
That's called drinking and driving
Old 07-26-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
That's called drinking and driving
Well one may think so SN.. no I do not drink nor do drugs. Was a very strange thing. No fuel used either.

Osky
Old 07-26-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runewolf1973 View Post
I was out taking some pictures of my jeep one day and when I got home and put them on the computer, I zoomed into the windshield and saw something wierd...like a leathery sorta skull face.

I see another face in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2020, 05:40 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
Well one may think so SN.. no I do not drink nor do drugs. Was a very strange thing. No fuel used either.

Osky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyQi-1Z2tN8

Old 07-27-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
Fun post Reeves. No, tried that twice 40 some years ago. Each time ended in a massive headache. ZEro interest since in going for strike three.
Me and the guy along have no clue what that was about.

Osky
Old 07-27-2020, 07:00 PM

Default Sleep paralysis / unexplained events

I’ve suffered from sleep disorders most of my adult life. Insomnia, sleep walking incidents and such, for which I have prescriptions to help with ( watch out though folks, it’s a slippery slope, as they are highly addictive).Until recently I had never heard of sleep paralysis, until my adult son described them too me as he has also started suffering from it. I’ve never seen any dark figures or such but instead I come to the realization, while asleep, that what I’m dreaming about can’t possibly be real and that I must be asleep! I then fight to wake up, sometimes for seconds and other times for what feels like hours. When I do finally manage to wake myself up, I’m both relieved and exhausted, like I haven’t slept at all. I’m not trying to discredit anyone else’s experiences, just telling how it is with me. With that said, a few years ago when things in my life were particularly troubling, I awoke in the middle of the night with “ That feeling” that something was out of sorts. When I went to look at the alarm clock ( just like every other night) I saw my Dad who had passed away about 7 years earlier standing at the foot of my bed. I wasn’t scared but more like surprised and said “ Dad?! What are you doing here?” His answer was “ I just came to tell you to stop worrying so damn much, everything will work out fine, now get back to sleep as you have to work in the morning”. With that said, I rolled back over and fell asleep. Upon waking and opening my eyes when my alarm clock went off, everything was just as it was supposed to be. I’m neither a believer nor a disbeliever, but I can tell you that I often think of Dads nighttime visit when I’m overthinking things again.
Old 10-31-2023, 04:33 PM

Default Ti e to resurect this great topic.

Since it is Halloween, time to refresh this thread. It is my favorite.
Old 10-31-2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundrasquatch View Post
Since it is Halloween, time to refresh this thread. It is my favorite.
Mine too.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:21 PM

When I was a kid, in the late 70's a friend of my father's bought an older house in Sherwood Park. He worked out of town a lot, so wanted to fix the basement up as his apartment and rent out the main floor.
He would often say that his tools would go missing, then reappear someplace else in the house. I was always tagging along with my dad and when we were over for a visit, we all heard someone walking around upstairs. There was no one else in the house. Dad's friend said he would hear stuff like that all the time.
Then he told us that one night he and his girlfriend were in bed, when he woke up and felt that someone was next to him. He rolled over and there was a face of an old man starring at him. The face then faded into a glowing dot and floated out of the room.
When he had renters upstairs, with a young family. They would say that the appliances would turn on by themselves. Then one night, the mom woke up because the baby was crying. She went to the baby's room, and she saw an old man standing over the crib.
He looked over at her and vanished.
They moved out shortly after. I always felt uneasy in the house, looking over my shoulder and freaking myself out when we would go over there. LOL.
Old 11-02-2023, 10:38 AM

May 2023, we were in fishing camp eating lunch. I was sitting on the front half of my directors chair with a plate of food on my lap when suddenly my chair started to tip backwards, I leaned forward and the chair just kept tipping backwards. It eventually reached the point of no return and wasn't stopping so I dropped my plate of food on the ground and fell over backwards, and crushed my little finger under the side tray trying to cushion my descent.

Now the first thing you'd think was the legs of my chair sunk into the dirt or I was on uneven ground. But neither of those things are what happened, we looked, my buddy said he heard me make a noise and it looked like I was going over in slow motion. To me it felt like something was pulling my chair over backwards, and I'm close to 250 lbs and was sitting on the front half of my seat, something with a lot of force pulled me over. It was strange and a little freaky.
Old 11-02-2023, 11:11 AM

You didn’t by any chance purchase and consumed the moonshine from that guy with a stand on the side of the road, did you?
Or picked and ate some of those wild mushrooms….
Old 11-02-2023, 11:17 AM
AO Sponsor

Fishing up in Saskatchewan outside Missinippe late on the last night me and two buddies were loading up the trucks to leave the next day and stopped for a few minutes just chatting looking up at the sky and there was a quite low (Maybe airplane altitude), super bright light that was hauling butt across the entire sky from side to side. Took at very most 5 seconds from sight line to sight line. No sound or anything.

We all looked at each other questioning whether we all saw it and did. I convince myself it was a satellite or something but it was all just weird.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 11-02-2023, 12:01 PM

I was working in a High though put grain elevator, and loading a semi truck with grain. After we were done, the driver of the semi asked me if someone died when the elevator was being built? I said I didn't think so! Asked him why!
He showed me a photo of a face of a person on the side of a cement platform that held the walkway up that I was on, and had a pool of water that the sun was reflecting onto the cement platform. He took a picture with his cell phone of it wasn't a ok picture, it was so clear it was unreal. I asked fellow workers if someone lost their life, and no one knew! Wish I would have asked him to forward the picture to me!

Last edited by badbrass; 11-02-2023 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2023, 12:48 PM

When I was working up in Fort Nelson in 2015, I was doing a few odds and ends at the Cabin Lake Gas plant. It was freezing cold that night, with a bit of a wind, which was unusual for the area. I got out of my truck, probably around 10:00 PM, and walked into camp, specifically the cafeteria, and heard the Liberals won the election, never could explain that.
Old 11-02-2023, 12:52 PM

^ Lol. Was gonna say, Fort Nelson aside.
Old 11-02-2023, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
When I was working up in Fort Nelson in 2015, I was doing a few odds and ends at the Cabin Lake Gas plant. It was freezing cold that night, with a bit of a wind, which was unusual for the area. I got out of my truck, probably around 10:00 PM, and walked into camp, specifically the cafeteria, and heard the Liberals won the election, never could explain that.
Didn't see that coming.

Dual meaning intended.