Old 06-28-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
BBJ did that on here once years ago... no photo shopping either
Some things simply cannot be unseen!
Cat
Old 06-28-2019, 01:43 PM
Banned

I was wondering where my ex-wife moved to.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldan Grumpi View Post
If you saw one and shot it, and it turned out to be goofy old Fred in a gorilla suit......
Sounds more like someone kidnapped my double-digit IQ Neanderthal Man of a brother-in-law and turned him loose in the forest.
Too bad nobody shot HIM.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:15 PM

Default Big Foot

The McGruder film taken by a couple hunters was about 5 minutes long showing Big Foot walking away from them. Their horses paniked and bucked him off, however he grabbed his movie camera and got the film, shown in many movie theatres in the 60's. The film has never been discounted to date.
Clayton Mac probably one of best grizz guides in BC describes his 3 encounters with sasquatch in his life story hunting book. His Grand Mother told him to never shoot one.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
The McGruder film taken by a couple hunters was about 5 minutes long showing Big Foot walking away from them. Their horses paniked and bucked him off, however he grabbed his movie camera and got the film, shown in many movie theatres in the 60's. The film has never been discounted to date.
Clayton Mac probably one of best grizz guides in BC describes his 3 encounters with sasquatch in his life story hunting book. His Grand Mother told him to never shoot one.

lol that's convenient.

I think I actually read somewhere that it is illegal to shoot them. ROFL!!!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-28-2019, 06:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Where were you at the referenced time and do you have a fur or brown ghillie suit in your garage?
Old 06-28-2019, 06:26 PM

Surely with all the trail cams, and the ability to get into places that used to be almost inaccessible, and as previously mentioned the fact almost everyone is packing a cell phone with a decent quality camera built in....surely you would think there would be some solid evidence by now. Just last year in the rocky/nordegg area there was an older gent with lots of experience and knows what he's lookin at that claims he saw a pair... no reason for him to b.s and probably a skeptic himself so I guess it's one of those things you gotta see to believe like u.f.o's and ghosts and all that kinda stuff.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Everybody and their dog has a cellphone but somehow nobody can take a picture of bigfoot ? Details of eyes, nose the gait and never a good picture?
This all day long !! If I saw what I believe to be a samsquatch, I'd roll down the window in my black dually dodge down, lay down the pool noodle on my mirror to rest my trusty .270 and BLAST the heck out of that purported samsquatch and wait for the autopsy and results from CWD office
Old 06-28-2019, 06:37 PM

Careful hunting them
The Wildlife Act of B.C. states that the government owns all wildlife and you can’t hunt it unless you get government permission.

Although it is hard to fathom how you could kill a mythical creature, it would nevertheless likely be considered wildlife and any person killing it without a license could face a fine of up to $250,000.

Their means of communications are apparently grunts and whistles and they are said to sometimes howl at night. Perhaps they are also related to the mythological werewolf.

The Sasquatch killing ban is rumoured to have existed in the province since the late 1800’s when a Nanaimo man was denied his request to shoot a “wild man of Home Lake” because even then it was illegal to kill Sasquatch — or extremely hairy and out-of-control men.

The mythical creature can be identified by its distinct characteristics, which include being very hairy, tall, human-like, and emitting an extremely foul odour.

I think I saw one sleeping on the street in Gastown
Old 06-28-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Everybody and their dog has a cellphone but somehow nobody can take a picture of bigfoot ? Details of eyes, nose the gait and never a good picture?
I seriously doubt I would be reaching for my cell phone if I see one, may be for a roll of toilet paper if I’m lucky!
Old 06-28-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I think your talking about the Patterson film, Patterson s partner was Bob Gimlin, he is still alive, this spring in the tractor I listened to him interviewed on the Wildthing podcast. They were not hunting, but looking for Bigfoot after several sightings of tracks in the Bluff creek area. It was an interesting interview
Old 06-28-2019, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is that the one where he’s wearing boots?

Old 06-28-2019, 07:43 PM

What I can’t figure out is hard working honest people swear they saw one. Doesn’t seem to be only whackjobs seeing them? I hope I never see anything I can’t explain.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:45 PM

That’s a she because of the milk jugs from what they said away
Old 06-28-2019, 07:47 PM

Well, I made up my mind. If I see one I'm going to shoot it.

There'd be little doubt I could get away with saying "I feared for my life" if something like that was coming at me. Besides, if I was charged under the wildlife act I'd make ten times that much selling interviews and samples of the carcass. Hell, I'd even sell the movie rights! Slave Lake guy missed his chance at fame and fortune, so I guess its up to me.

Do you hear that Fred? If you have any notions about running around in that ghillie suit, you better think again!
Old 06-28-2019, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldan Grumpi View Post
Well, I made up my mind. If I see one I'm going to shoot it.

There'd be little doubt I could get away with saying "I feared for my life" if something like that was coming at me. Besides, if I was charged under the wildlife act I'd make ten times that much selling interviews and samples of the carcass. Hell, I'd even sell the movie rights! Slave Lake guy missed his chance at fame and fortune, so I guess its up to me.

Do you hear that Fred? If you have any notions about running around in that ghillie suit, you better think again!
Old 06-28-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Their means of communications are apparently grunts and whistles and they are said to sometimes howl at night. Perhaps they are also related to the mythological werewolf.
I might as well tell my story.... About the grunts and whistles...And close encounters.

Back in the early 70's I was staying at a friends up the Slocan valley in the BC Kootenays. Myself and a local guy decided to climb a hill behind my friends place. We climbed for about 6 hours and ended up on a bench/plateau very close to Perry's Peak mountain. The forest was lush and we couldn't see more than 15 to 20 feet into the undergrowth. We sat down by a trickle of water and within moments we heard "it". I know all of the north american animal vocalizations and what we heard was not one of them. It was a deep sound that sounded like it was coming from a very large set of lungs. And it sounded like the words "Whooo Whooo". Whatever it was sounded off a few more times to my front left. Then another "Whooo Whooo" sounded off to our right. We could not see anything but the 'sounds/animal voices' were very loud. What ever was yelling at us sounded like it was 10 yards away. We backed out and went back down the slopes as quick as we could.

I never saw anything but the 'Whoo Whoo" I heard sounded very much like a 600 lb. howler monkey or big ape. I know exactly where we climbed but haven't been back in 45 years either.

Around that time there was a lady writing a book about sasquatch 15 miles away at Lemon creek where there had been sightings too. Just saying...
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 06-28-2019, 11:45 PM

I seen a 450 pound black bear shake poplar's that size when I approached it and it's cub was caught in snare.

I was walking up a portage to another lake when this bear stood right up in front of me just bawling,i did a turn and bolted for my boat and she stood on the shoreline shaken ever tree she came to.

I thought what the heck is wrong with that bear so I return to camp and grabbed my rifle and went back over.

I walked up the portage like Elmer Fud and was just waiting for her to dash out and then I seen the cub in the snare a winter trapper had left behind.

The hair just stood on the back of my head cause then I realized I was in big danger,so I had some pliers in my boat and I cut the cub lose and shot it,it was just a ball of black flies and barely breathing,it was 95 percent dead and it was in that snare for some time.

She had tried to get him lose by chewing it's front leg off and trust me I was very nervous taking that cub off that portage.

So you get a grizz of a decent size standing up shaken trees with a female around you may get the scare of your life,it's mateing season right now and the peak time is around this time year or a week ago so and will go on for another few weeks.

The worst time of the year for mental bear behavior is this time of year,you get in there love nest area and you better be careful.

He may have seen what he says,but being this time of year I think he may have seen a grizz .They fight this time of year and patches of fur may not look right.And if they got a hot female they will not run from a human if you chase them.

Shaking trees is a warning to back off,I learnt that a long time ago.

Last edited by JD848; 06-28-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
I might as well tell my story.... About the grunts and whistles...And close encounters.

Back in the early 70's I was staying at a friends up the Slocan valley in the BC Kootenays. Myself and a local guy decided to climb a hill behind my friends place. We climbed for about 6 hours and ended up on a bench/plateau very close to Perry's Peak mountain. The forest was lush and we couldn't see more than 15 to 20 feet into the undergrowth. We sat down by a trickle of water and within moments we heard "it". I know all of the north american animal vocalizations and what we heard was not one of them. It was a deep sound that sounded like it was coming from a very large set of lungs. And it sounded like the words "Whooo Whooo". Whatever it was sounded off a few more times to my front left. Then another "Whooo Whooo" sounded off to our right. We could not see anything but the 'sounds/animal voices' were very loud. What ever was yelling at us sounded like it was 10 yards away. We backed out and went back down the slopes as quick as we could.

I never saw anything but the 'Whoo Whoo" I heard sounded very much like a 600 lb. howler monkey or big ape. I know exactly where we climbed but haven't been back in 45 years either.

Around that time there was a lady writing a book about sasquatch 15 miles away at Lemon creek where there had been sightings too. Just saying...
It's always "just sayin"but it boils down to concrete proof. Never has been any and there never will be. Simple fact it doesn't exist until it does.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
It's always "just sayin"but it boils down to concrete proof. Never has been any and there never will be. Simple fact it doesn't exist until it does.
What ever I heard that day definitely existed. I don't claim it was a sasquatch but I do know what I heard.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 06-29-2019, 07:07 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink Closest I ever came to a samsquench

She wondered into camp.....image.jpg

Game cam caught a close up.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-29-2019, 07:10 AM
Banned

interesting article
Old 06-29-2019, 07:17 AM

Default Big Foot

Cody, you are correct it was the Patterson film I was mentioning. It is still best evidence todate even though few thousand so called sane people have had encounters with Mr. Big Foot throughout BC, Alberta, Oregon, Washington and Northern California.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:54 AM

The Patterson Gimlin film (1967) has been broken down and scrutinized by experts for 53 years. It cannot be disproven. A human being cannot walk in a compliant gait and our shin parallel to the ground,physically impossible.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:09 AM

Squatch dosnt exist. The only evidence for it is the convenient lack of evidence. How is 2019 with all the aerial studies game cams hair snares tourist helicopter flights and millions of of people in the outdoors for decades has not a single body or ANY credible evidence been produced. Not even one hit by a car or a train or a single bone in fossils records.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:19 AM

Default Sasquatch sighting

I personally believe they exist. I have heard reports from a couple of people who’s honesty I completely trust. It’s cool to still have some mystery in the world these days.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:20 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Squatch dosnt exist. The only evidence for it is the convenient lack of evidence. How is 2019 with all the aerial studies game cams hair snares tourist helicopter flights and millions of of people in the outdoors for decades has not a single body or ANY credible evidence been produced. Not even one hit by a car or a train or a single bone in fossils records.
Cool mang
Old 06-29-2019, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacty View Post
The Patterson Gimlin film (1967) has been broken down and scrutinized by experts for 53 years. It cannot be disproven. A human being cannot walk in a compliant gait and our shin parallel to the ground,physically impossible.
They make boots too?
Old 06-29-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
In 2002, Philip Morris, owner of Morris Costumes (a North Carolina-based company offering costumes, props and stage products) claimed that he made a gorilla costume that was used in the Patterson film. Morris says he discussed his role in the hoax "at costume conventions, lectures, [and] magician conventions"[273] in the 1980s, but first addressed the public at large on August 16, 2002, on Charlotte, North Carolina, radio station WBT-AM.[274] His story was also printed in The Charlotte Observer.[275] Morris claims he was reluctant to expose the hoax earlier for fear of harming his business: giving away a performer's secrets, he said, would be widely regarded as disreputable.[276]

Morris said that he sold an ape suit to Patterson via mail order in 1967, thinking it was going to be used in what Patterson described as a "prank".[277] (Ordinarily the gorilla suits he sold were used for a popular sideshow routine that depicted an attractive woman changing into a gorilla.) After the initial sale, Morris said that Patterson telephoned him asking how to make the "shoulders more massive"[278] and the "arms longer".[279] Morris says he suggested that whoever wore the suit should wear football shoulder pads and hold sticks in his hands within the suit.

As for the creature's walk, Morris said:

The Bigfoot researchers say that no human can walk that way in the film. Oh, yes they can! When you're wearing long clown's feet, you can't place the ball of your foot down first. You have to put your foot down flat. Otherwise, you'll stumble. Another thing, when you put on the gorilla head, you can only turn your head maybe a quarter of the way. And to look behind you, you've got to turn your head and your shoulders and your hips. Plus, the shoulder pads in the suit are in the way of the jaw. That's why the Bigfoot turns and looks the way he does in the film. He has to twist his entire upper body.[280]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patter...%93Gimlin_film
Old 06-29-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
It can’t be proven either. I want Sasquatch to be real. could any of you with 100% certainty shoot one if you seen one and be totally sure it’s not just some kid trying to fool people in a costume to prove it’s existence. Cryptozoology exists because people make money off it snake oil smoke and mirrors tricks and magic. If you think Bigfoot is real you should be on the bus for unicorns little people and trolls, you can’t disprove them either.