Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 09-26-2012, 08:02 PM

Default Dutch Creek Fishing

Wheres the best spot to go flyfishing at Dutch Creek?? Looking to go for next season
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 PM

Why would everyone want to tell you where there favorite spot on a little creek is? when they decide they want to go there, the chance of someone already being there is almost guaranteed.... You obviously know where Dutch Creek is.... jump in the vehicle and go do some exploring!!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
Why would everyone want to tell you where there favorite spot on a little creek is? when they decide they want to go there, the chance of someone already being there is almost guaranteed.... You obviously know where Dutch Creek is.... jump in the vehicle and go do some exploring!!
I fish here lots, and it's quiet good, but I'm not telling where I get access or which way I go. Don't go there, but if you do, trudge through the bush fight the willows and don't break your gear because i'll be down there slayin them left and right with my secert access spots.

did I read between the lines well enough?

all jabs aside, creek fishing is great for the simple fact that you get to explore it and see the nature of the drainage basin while catching a few fish at the same time. Get out and enjoy the sun and nature is what I think the jist of his message is.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 PM

No I actually dont fish it at all and probably never will. I fish very little on the trunk road becasue I cant stand all the random camping and all the quads. So I dont have any secret access spots to give.

My point is that I cant imagine that coming on here and blatently asking where the "best spots are so I can go fish them" Is going to get you anywhere. Most people out there find spots themselves by getting in there vehicle (or in the vehicle with there parents) and doing a little exploring. Its how I have found 99% of the spots I fish. In this day of the internet and social media, It doesnt take long to talk about something like a good fishing spot only to have people lined up there the next weekend becasue they read about it on the internet. It doesnt take long for a good fishing spot to be cleaned out of fish when you start talking about it.

But I agree with everythng that you said after that!