Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-23-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
So I sold a 1980 Ford Granada (the Green Hornet) today. It belonged to my dad who had it registered as an antique. I looked at the expiry date on the registration and it read "continuous". My father paid 39.45 in 2011, and never had to renew it again.
The young lady who bought the car is just starting university, and has had some scary encounters on the bus and LRT. she thinks it is very cool that she will only have to reigster it once and never have to renew. sort of like registering a utlity trailer.
Should have charged here more. lol
What you should have done is told her the correct information regarding the vehicle you sold her instead of bragging about it on the Internet.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
What do you suppose will happen when you need to renew your operators license?
Well, I imagine I would get a haircut and smile for the camera. I would then be issued a new operators licence and would be on my way.
They do it different where your from?
Old 06-23-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Well, I imagine I would get a haircut and smile for the camera. I would then be issued a new operators licence and would be on my way.
If you have unpaid fines you won't be allowed to renew your DL until they are paid.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Yes , in Alberta you can't renew your operators license if you have unpaid fines.Yet again,you seem oblivious to how the system operates.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
What you should have done is told her the correct information regarding the vehicle you sold her instead of bragging about it on the Internet.
Thats a very good point. As it happens, I was able to provide all the original documents and warranties that pertained to the Green Hornet, but I'm not sure if they are all still in effect. After all, she is 37 years old.
Sorry, what was I bragging about?
Old 06-23-2017, 10:20 PM

That you should have charged her more.

Doesn't at all surprise me that you conveyed an uninformed, misunderstood version of regulations.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes , in Alberta you can't renew your operators license if you have unpaid fines.Yet again,you seem oblivious to how the system operates.
So, your telling me that I am responsible for the fines that are levied against a vehicle that I do not own, and is not registered to me? Elk, I'm flattered that you follow my posts so closely. I'm not interested.
The higher a monkey climbs, the more it shows it's ass.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:36 PM

I have a 1927 it is registered as an antique which is only good to and from parades and events. The antique plate comes with insurance for that price collision only. I also have my own insurance and standard registration for when I take it out for a Saturday drive. That is the only legal ways to drive them. All my plates say fleet and enable me to display its original 1927 plate on it
Old 06-23-2017, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
That you should have charged her more.

Doesn't at all surprise me that you conveyed an uninformed, misunderstood version of regulations.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
I think that negative people like you and elk are why good mod's like Cat quit refeering this forum. This was a fun and informative till people like you chimed in. Not having a good day?
Old 06-23-2017, 10:53 PM

After all your shenanigans, does it not make sense to check things out before you start a thread? In your post, you mislead a "young lady" needing to drive a cheap car back and forth to school, that she will never have to register the vehicle again. Once again, failure to be aware of and/or comprehend regulations. By your own admission, you have driven the car illegally for years.

Then you talk about not having to pay tickets.

For a guy who has talked about shooting pheasants flying out of the bird-box, illegally tagging an animal, telling people that verpas are morels, and now this.

It's fine to ask questions. It's a forum. But, you aren't asking questions. You are matter-of-factly declaring things, and when you are corrected, it is a posse out to get you.

Come on. No ones out to get you. People are just pointing out the truth.

Last edited by sns2; 06-23-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukisam View Post
I have a 1927 it is registered as an antique which is only good to and from parades and events. The antique plate comes with insurance for that price collision only. I also have my own insurance and standard registration for when I take it out for a Saturday drive. That is the only legal ways to drive them. All my plates say fleet and enable me to display its original 1927 plate on it
Thank you Suzukisam. First coherent post for awhile. Do you at least get it on the road now and then? What the heck is a 1927? Ford?
Old 06-23-2017, 10:59 PM

The hornet is 37 not the lady sns.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Thank you Suzukisam. First coherent post for awhile. Do you at least get it on the road now and then? What the heck is a 1927? Ford?
Not sure why your thanking him. He is saying your wrong.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Not sure why your thanking him. He is saying your wrong.
OMG. I'll bite. What am I wrong about this time?
Old 06-23-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
So, your telling me that I am responsible for the fines that are levied against a vehicle that I do not own, and is not registered to me?
So you think that you could rack up a pile of tickets , avoid paying them for years because you don't have to renew the registration, and then if you sell the vehicle, all is forgiven? You might find out that you are responsible for the tickets that you accumulated while you were the registered owner. But I guess it's like using an antlerless deer tag to tag an antlered deer, you might get caught, but then you just may get away with poaching.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
OMG. I'll bite. What am I wrong about this time?
You let the young lady believe that she could use her car everyday around town under an antique registration and never have to pay for registration again.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:13 PM
Banned

My daily driver is from the 70s. Has anyone had experience registering their daily driver as an antique? Ever get caught or punished for it?
Old 06-23-2017, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
So you think that you could rack up a pile of tickets , avoid paying them for years because you don't have to renew the registration, and then if you sell the vehicle, all is forgiven? You might find out that you are responsible for the tickets that you accumulated while you were the registered owner. But I guess it's like using an antlerless deer tag to tag an antlered deer, you might get caught, but then you just may get away with poaching.
Your rambling elk, but bassically I'd say NO.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
You let the young lady believe that she could use her car everyday around town under an antique registration and never have to pay for registration again.
Darn moose, I didn't see you there when she took the key's. I did give her some history, and told her some stories she could tell her friends, but what she does now is out of my hands. I'm sure she will be fine. She can always re-register later.
Are you suggesting we ban antique cars?
Old 06-23-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Darn moose, I didn't see you there when she took the key's. I did give her some history, and told her some stories she could tell her friends, but what she does now is out of my hands. I'm sure she will be fine. She can always re-register later.
Are you suggesting we ban antique cars?
Did you not give her misinformation in the form of telling her she wouldn't need to register that car again and use it for her every day car? If not, you are correct and I am wrong in grasping the meaning of post #1.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Did you not give her misinformation in the form of telling her she wouldn't need to register that car again and use it for her every day car? If not, you are correct and I am wrong in grasping the meaning of post #1.
Only one misinformed here is you moose. What happened to the rant from sns? Darn I hate computers.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
The hornet is 37 not the lady sns.
So, now your saying sns is a lady? Damn, I hate arguing with a a lady
Old 06-24-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
So, now your saying sns is a lady? Damn, I hate arguing with a a lady
I never ever said sns was a man.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Only one misinformed here is you moose. What happened to the rant from sns? Darn I hate computers.
Post 1.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Moose, next time just cut the grass like I showed you and leave the rest to the adults.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
elkhunter11... I'm tired of your BS. you are like a pebble in my shoe, or a pimple on my ass. How you twisted this thread about a neat fact about antique cars into me being a poacher astounds me. So here it is....
... you derailed my thread "Suspended"
... All that drunk, drug induced blather in the middle of your post, call the Crisis Centres Serving Alberta (780)594-5095. They can help you.
... You think I'm a poacher? Report me. (780) 427-3574 Edm office It's your duty. If you don't then your the poacher.
We have already lost a good mod today because of your kind of BS.

P.S.. I'm flagging this post for the mods.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
she thinks it is very cool that she will only have to reigster it once and never have to renew. sort of like registering a utlity trailer.
Should have charged here more. lol
Why does the girl think this? We all know why she believes this.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Why does the girl think this? We all know why she believes this.
She thinks this because I showed her the "continuious" on the expiry Date. Cost 39.45 in 2011. She still thinks it's cool, but whether she registers it as an antique or not is up to her. The Antique plate is pretty cool also. I kept that as a souvenior.
It does make me wonder if it still has to be registered as an Antique or not. If it wasn't for the plate, you'd think it was just another neat old car that has been well maintained. It's a complicated world we live in. I'm calling AMA right now for my own curiousity.
You can troll me all day long Moose, but I gave that young lady a great deal on a car that she will probably still be driving long after we are gone.
Only bad thing about all of this is the fact she felt the need to buy a car because our public transportation was too scary for a young lady to use.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:41 AM

Why is it that when Moose points out you mislead a young lady, albeit unintentionally, because of your ignorance of laws, it is trolling? Wouldn't it be easier if you just admitted you screwed up? Instead, everyone is out to get you.

Time to move on.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Why is it that when Moose points out you mislead a young lady, albeit unintentionally, because of your ignorance of laws, it is trolling. Wouldn't it be easier if you just admitted you screwed up? Instead, everyone is out to get you.
It seems that whenever he misunderstands a regulation, be it a hunting regulation or otherwise, anyone that corrects him is trolling him or picking on him. And he always seems to be trying to find a way around the regulation, or to justify not following the regulations as written, or he claims that the regulations are simply too difficult to understand. I can only wonder how so many people seem to be able to comprehend and obey the regulations.