Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Well the murder is very profitable business also, just think of it: all murders are sponsored by the mafia conglomerate of funeral homes, cemeteries, coffin makers, flower shops, and not to forget, the undertakers! I'm sure all these caracters supplying guns, drugs and violent video games to the generations to increase the murder rates. FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL.....

The funeral home cartel invented cancer and Monsanto. Shhhh
Old 06-19-2017, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
(

I agree, also

the criminals need to have 'an accident' if and when we catch them. If they are willing to risk forfeiture of freedom by coming on our land and taking our possessions they may as well be prepared for the big sleep. I like a snipers nest and claymores, personally.
and you won't do this either.

because you are too decent of a man to actually put plan into motion.

you want to deprive your family while you sit in a jail cell, and the thief walks ?

I doubt it.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
your right you should,

But when a thief can merely brush your wallet and steal your info,
when a guy with a cell phone can empty your bank account,
when the response time for most thefts is hours,

you tell me what is worth losing?
I agree, we should be able to protect ourselves 24/7 on the electronic side but that seems impossible the way crooks seem to be one step ahead of the tech side. But man the property crime/theft is going through the roof and it's hard working people like all of us here that get the shaft from the crooks.

We should be able to own whatever we want, the LEO side should do more and investigate and the courts should definitely prosecute, fine and jail more of these scum.

And you need one of these if your going to stir the pot.... Jokes
Old 06-19-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I have been eating turd bagels on here for years about my stance on shipping criminals to the Antartica, I have no feelings whatsoever for anyone that breaks the law other than 'hope they pay for their crimes'
Hahaha turd bagels
Old 06-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Or not buy yourself such nice things to begin with and then you won't be affected much by crime.

If you have $250,000 worth of toys and it gets stolen you can't cry foul when you have to pay the cost to replace them.
Should have bought something less expensive and not as shiny,
To give temptation to the thief.

Or at least blame the criminal and not the dealerships, as it was not them that stole your items,

Or one step further,
It's no ones fault but your own, if y ou decide to have $250,000 worth of toys for someone to steal in the first place.

If I only have $70,000 worth of toys and the Jones's have double that and they get targeted and not me,
Because the dumb crooks know their stuff is worth more,
Maybe they should have been a little conservative in their purchasing.

Or

Why would a thief steal a Ford Ranger, when the F-350 parked beside it yields a bigger payday.
You must be a judge in Alberta..Victim blaming..Guess those ladies getting raped should have kept their legs together AKA In your opinion don't purchase anything worth value because your just asking to get ripped off..and with this..straight into the IGNORE list..unbelievable this forum allows posts like yours to be tolerated When you look in the mirror shaving tomorrow, think about what you posted and tell yourself..Yah that was what I really wanted to say and I believe it...and it wouldn't matter if it happened to me or my family..sick sick
Old 06-19-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:

you want to deprive your family while you sit in a jail cell, and the thief walks ?

I doubt it.
Thank you, I appreciate that,
but
Like you I am a man, and I think I can likely handle myself fairly well, but if someone showed intent to damage or harm my family, I honestly do not know if I could stop myself.
Problem being, knowing full well that our 'progressive victims services ombudsman' aka Canadian Courts really do whatever they can to look after the wounded criminal, it would make more sense to turn them into goo.
(my old friend in the RCMP told me years ago, 2 to the heart 1 to the head, consequences later)
It of course depends on a whole lot of circumstances; is it a man a boy or a child breaking in, is it a female, are they packing a gun baseball bat or a knife, are they taking a stance that makes me feel there may have been some training in the past, are they high or intoxicated, are they alone, is there 1 or 3 hiding with weapons, can I get to my firearms or do I use what is readily available, and all within a second or 2 tops?
Once I have figured out it is not my son or daughter or grandson or brother in law any family or friend, if the face in front of me looks ready for a fight or is looking to flee, I will act accordingly. If they are looking for help I hope I spot it in time.
In the meeting with our friends from the RCMP they said 'you do what you have to, but be assured WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU, if you do not have to fight, do not fight if you can help it. That is our job'. I watched this man, 40 years old, Officer for nearly half that, hos body language told me he has had some pretty serious training, and like he said, 'anyone that messes with him is really gonna regret it.'
I prefer not to E-town, but like most here, I would not back down at all when cornered if I feel I have a better chance of surviving by taking action.
Happily I live in a location where there is very very very very very little of this garbage happening, on purpose.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Banned

The problem is that you (citizens) lack power. The government took it all away. You gave it all away, thinking the government would protect you. Now you're finding out that the government doesn't really care about protecting you, now that they've got you powerless.

The solution is for you to take back power. What does this look like? Building new communities and social groups based on values and loyalty, which will enforce rules that the government won't and operate in defiance of the government.

Is Alberta ready for this? Judging based on how the III% have been ridiculed, how in every thread on AO I see outdoorsmen eager to rat each other out to the government, and how the majority on here still want to look to the government for their protection, I am skeptical.

Last edited by CorahsDad; 06-19-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:

I doubt it.
Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate that,
but
Like you I am a man, and I think I can likely handle myself fairly well, but if someone showed intent to damage or harm my family, I honestly do not know if I could stop myself.
Problem being, knowing full well that our 'progressive victims services ombudsman' aka Canadian Courts really do whatever they can to look after the wounded criminal, it would make more sense to turn them into goo.
(my old friend in the RCMP told me years ago, 2 to the heart 1 to the head, consequences later)
It of course depends on a whole lot of circumstances; is it a man a boy or a child breaking in, is it a female, are they packing a gun baseball bat or a knife, are they taking a stance that makes me feel there may have been some training in the past, are they high or intoxicated, are they alone, is there 1 or 3 hiding with weapons, can I get to my firearms or do I use what is readily available, and all within a second or 2 tops?
Once I have figured out it is not my son or daughter or grandson or brother in law any family or friend, if the face in front of me looks ready for a fight or is looking to flee, I will act accordingly. If they are looking for help I hope I spot it in time.
In the meeting with our friends from the RCMP they said 'you do what you have to, but be assured WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU, if you do not have to fight, do not fight if you can help it. That is our job'. I watched this man, 40 years old, Officer for nearly half that, hos body language told me he has had some pretty serious training, and like he said, 'anyone that messes with him is really gonna regret it.'
I prefer not to E-town, but like most here, I would not back down at all when cornered if I feel I have a better chance of surviving by taking action.
Happily I live in a location where there is very very very very very little of this garbage happening, on purpose.

I have always seem common sense in your posts.

Thank you.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorahsDad View Post
The problem is that you (citizens) lack power. The government took it all away. You gave it all away, thinking the government would protect you. Now you're finding out that the government doesn't really care about protecting you, now that they've got you powerless.
The solution is for you to take back power. What does this look like? Building new communities and social groups based on values and loyalty, which will enforce rules that the government won't and operate in defiance of the government.
Is Alberta ready for this? Judging based on how the III% have been ridiculed, how in every thread on AO I see outdoorsmen eager to rat each other out to the government, and how the majority on here still want to look to the government for their protection, I am skeptical.
Are you so Liberal that you think criminal activity should go unhindered unpunished and freely? Are you one of the 'mind yer own gawddamn bizness' people?
Your comment is confusing.
Our Country is being ruined right now by Liberals and their way of thinking.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are you so Liberal that you think criminal activity should go unhindered unpunished and freely? Are you one of the 'mind yer own gawddamn bizness' people?
Your comment is confusing.
Our Country is being ruined right now by Liberals and their way of thinking.
It's a necessary trade off. Either you have a smaller government with less rules and less rule of law, or you have a larger government with less freedoms. You can't have your cake (freedoms) and eat it too (government protection). For my part, I would much prefer far less rules. I think I'd enjoy the wild west.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorahsDad View Post
It's a necessary trade off. Either you have a smaller government with less rules and less rule of law, or you have a larger government with less freedoms. You can't have your cake (freedoms) and eat it too (government protection). For my part, I would much prefer far less rules. I think I'd enjoy the wild west.
I thought that too until I watched A millon ways to die in the West

lol

not so much now, Seth Mcfarlane made some good points in that incredibly stupid mildly entertaining movie
Old 06-20-2017, 05:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLeahy View Post
You must be a judge in Alberta..Victim blaming..Guess those ladies getting raped should have kept their legs together AKA In your opinion don't purchase anything worth value because your just asking to get ripped off..and with this..straight into the IGNORE list..unbelievable this forum allows posts like yours to be tolerated When you look in the mirror shaving tomorrow, think about what you posted and tell yourself..Yah that was what I really wanted to say and I believe it...and it wouldn't matter if it happened to me or my family..sick sick
You probably won't read this because as you stated I'm on the ignore list
A convenience that exists when someone says something you don't like

Also this is talking about theft and not rape
And a system that does nothing or not enough for in either category

Go on
tell me if the families of Vader or Garland have received justice for what happened to them
Did these two get what should have been coming to them?

Not at all

And they took away something worth more than toys

If ones only complaint is that the system doesn't do enough when your toys get stolen
Then yeah go cry elsewhere
There are real victims of heinous crimes out there who would gladly wish it was a $300,000 boat
But it's not

Sometimes it's all about perspective

The mirror looks good
Old 06-20-2017, 05:48 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Perspective....hmmmm...here is the question...who's perspective?

The good, the bad and /or the ugly....perspective...that's a good word.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-20-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
(talking about a stolen race boat)
Let's think about this unemotionally for a moment.

Who stands to make money when things are stolen besides the thieves?
Car dealerships
ATV dealerships
RV dealerships
Autobody dealerships
Parts dealerships
Recyclers
Insurance Companies
Security companies
Banks
.....the list goes on and on.

How badly do politicians want to take money out of the pockets of big business? The only reason law enforcement makes ANY effort at all to arrest thieves is because...well...it is illegal after all. As told to me by a LEO..."There is NO profit in catching thieves!"

But the legal system doesn't want to keep them in prison because that costs $$ and it disrupts the profits of Big Business.

It's a big circle that just keeps goin' round and round and round......

I agree, also

the criminals need to have 'an accident' if and when we catch them. If they are willing to risk forfeiture of freedom by coming on our land and taking our possessions they may as well be prepared for the big sleep. I like a snipers nest and claymores, personally.
How exactly does an insurance company make more money?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-20-2017, 06:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
(talking about a stolen race boat)
[B][I]

I love this online hard talk, like I agree with you and all but seriously this isn't the US.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That "system" you speak of is our legal system.The politicians, judges, lawyers, and the LEOs all make their living being a part of this legal system, so they are the ones that are allowing these thieves to remain free to reoffend. So if you really want to blame someone, blame all of those people. Yes some people make it easier for the thieves to steal their property, but there would be far fewer thefts if our legal system dealt with the thieves in at least a somewhat effective manner.
Elkhunter11, I agree with you..

My point was, the system won't change (at least anytime soon), so do whatever you feel is necessary to legally protect your property.. (I hear razor blades under the door handle is a good option).
Old 06-20-2017, 07:26 AM

we need way less police doing radar and more judges give real consequenses, but if your a thief its doubtful your advertising where your gonna do your next theft so if you go missing who's gonna know where to look?
Old 06-20-2017, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpete1 View Post
we need way less police doing radar and more judges give real consequenses, but if your a thief its doubtful your advertising where your gonna do your next theft so if you go missing who's gonna know where to look?
You're wrong there
They brag about their scores worse than fraternity brothers
You don't think someone knows
Old 06-20-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
How exactly does an insurance company make more money?
I pay.
I claim small they reduce value and charge deductible so I don't claim
I continue to pay and have lost a grand.
I claim small they reduce value and charge deductible I take half or quarter value payout my rates go up.
How do they not make money?
Old 06-20-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I pay.
I claim small they reduce value and charge deductible I take half or quarter value payout my rates go up.
That is what I mean. They make money charging you less with less risk. They make about the same money charging you more with higher risk. Higher risk means more payouts...comes out of bottom line.

I am thinking broadly across the portfolio...not one individual such as yourself.

However...theft sucks. I like that anti theft device in total recall. Need that on all cars.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-20-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I pay.
You do know that it's a process right? You are allowed to negotiate the payout if you feel (and can prove) the insurance company is under valuing your property.

I have had great experiences with insurance companies, all of my claims have been settled fairly, with only minor increases in premiums.

It's also why, if you have $1000 deductible, you shouldn't make a claim for a $1500 item. Common sense.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:22 AM

I am fully aware of that but in the end they are the ones that sign the cheque.
My deductible is $500. Except for once they have been fair with me as well.
I always tell people to remember they are the ones that hired and pay the Broker, remind them of that. It is the brokers duty and responsibility to take care of you.
I have collected for and against Insurance brokers. Sometimes in court, sometimes with a Lawyer, more often without.
I know more about them than the average Joe because of my job, again for and against.
The biggest thing is getting a broker you can trust and have faith in. Make them work for you and read the fine print before you sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
You do know that it's a process right? You are allowed to negotiate the payout if you feel (and can prove) the insurance company is under valuing your property.

I have had great experiences with insurance companies, all of my claims have been settled fairly, with only minor increases in premiums.

It's also why, if you have $1000 deductible, you shouldn't make a claim for a $1500 item. Common sense.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:56 PM

Ken, all those points you made in the first post are great.
All true facts.
What you didn't mention was the fact all of this is also added to the Gross Domestic Product.
The Governemnt doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds it...even if the numbers are squewed.
Rob
Old 06-20-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .257Weatherby View Post
Ken, all those points you made in the first post are great.
All true facts.
What you didn't mention was the fact all of this is also added to the Gross Domestic Product.
The Governemnt doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds it...even if the numbers are squewed.
Rob
Good point. And tyvm
Old 06-21-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
I pay.
They make money by collecting a insurance fee yearly from all of us, you claim, then they collect next year as your premiums go up, they make money or that individual advising you on insurance packages works for free...and the guy beside him, and him...man these companies are a generous group insuring us for free of charge...

Old 06-21-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I am fully aware of that but in the end they are the ones that sign the cheque.
My deductible is $500. Except for once they have been fair with me as well.
I always tell people to remember they are the ones that hired and pay the Broker, remind them of that. It is the brokers duty and responsibility to take care of you.
I have collected for and against Insurance brokers. Sometimes in court, sometimes with a Lawyer, more often without.
I know more about them than the average Joe because of my job, again for and against.
The biggest thing is getting a broker you can trust and have faith in. Make them work for you and read the fine print before you sign.
Yup but your still paying through the roof as claims go up due to no immediate harsh consequences to the plug criminal...wonder who they use for insurance?

Us...the dummies who feed the vicious circle of stupidity...

Old 06-21-2017, 07:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I call BS on the economic model of that theory. If said items were not stolen then the money not needed towards their replacement would then go to something else that drives the economy. Such money does not materialize out of nowhere, it must be earned. If thefts were reduced then insurance premiums would be lower and that money would still be circulating in the economy. Some people might not have the money to replace goods stolen from them; perhaps the item is only worth their deductible or perhaps said item isn't insured. How then does that benefit them?

What would improve the economy is if thieves didn't exist and instead had productive jobs. What would help the economy is if recidivist parasites who habitually prey on others were no longer drawing oxygen because it sure doesn't drive the economy to have them in prison (sure it offers some corrections jobs, but that just costs the taxpayer and businesses who could both do better things with the money)
I partly agree with you Caber, but if you think insurance rates would go down if thefts were reduced, you are very naive. Perhaps ins exec's and police officers would also take a pay cut? I doubt it.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:06 AM

Break it down into the KISS factor...... you, or a close friend has one of these: a hind digger (of this size or bigger)

Old 06-21-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Or not buy yourself such nice things to begin with and then you won't be affected much by crime.

If you have $250,000 worth of toys and it gets stolen you can't cry foul when you have to pay the cost to replace them.
Should have bought something less expensive and not as shiny,
To give temptation to the thief.

Or at least blame the criminal and not the dealerships, as it was not them that stole your items,

Or one step further,
It's no ones fault but your own, if y ou decide to have $250,000 worth of toys for someone to steal in the first place.

If I only have $70,000 worth of toys and the Jones's have double that and they get targeted and not me,
Because the dumb crooks know their stuff is worth more,
Maybe they should have been a little conservative in their purchasing.

Or

Why would a thief steal a Ford Ranger, when the F-350 parked beside it yields a bigger payday.
I do not agree with everything you posted but then again i also understand there is a certain amount of levity in it . But i have always wondered why people have to show off their toy and post pictures then they complain when they get stolen. I alway figured i bought my toys for my enjoyment so i dont need to display them to others....but then again maybe your enjoyment IS showing off to others .

Mack
Old 06-21-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
Break it down into the KISS factor...... you, or a close friend has one of these: a hind digger (of this size or bigger)

Why would you want to bury a Pinto? I'm confused.