Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

Got a signed copy on my phone (I used Adobe Fill and Sign App for the signature) and just printed off 4 copies for stashing in various "safe" places that I will never forget.

Thanks for all the tips.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:18 PM

Laminated and in the wallet. I drive evrywhere i fish so it seems to work.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:51 PM

I use a Rio Leader wallet, it has leaders, split shots, swivels, fly line cleaner and my license in it all in the included waterproof bags
Old 06-22-2017, 03:02 PM

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
and just printed off 4 copies for stashing in various "safe" places that I will forget.
Fixed it for you Ruga. Well, fixed it for ME anyway. LOL I'm still coming across old licenses....
Old 06-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
we have to carry it?
We still have to buy one? I thought that in celebration of Canada's 150th B-Day, you didn't need one.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
We still have to buy one? I thought that in celebration of Canada's 150th B-Day, you didn't need one.
no. When YOU turn 150 you don't need one.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cron View Post
I put the license , win card , boat license everything as well as the wifes cards in a water proof plastic card holder and then into the tackle box.
Just an FYI..... Having your wifes card in your tackle box when she is not with you is illegal.

P.S...... I do the same thing.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
The reason it says not to laminate a licence from a store is because they are printed on thermal paper and would turn Black in the process. You also shouldn't put them on your dash lol I learned that the hard way.
2" clear packing tape is all I use to "laminate" all my copies.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:33 PM

In my wallet, right next to my... uhhh, protection. That way I'm always ready to go should the opportunity arise
Old 06-22-2017, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
One potential problem I see with that (which they may have a different way to address) is that F&W would have no clue about how many people are actually fishing or hunting. While you can never say for sure, I think yearly license sales give you a rough idea of how many people intend to fish and hopefully you can work that into your management plans. With lifetime licenses you have no idea if the people are still fishing, still in the state, or even still alive. If they are sending out surveys there would be a huge waste sending to people no longer at that address, etc. You would need a system where people would have to update theri infomation... prbably a law REQUIRING them to do so. Just my uninformed thoughts anyway.
Until Seniors, Children and First Nation's are required to have licences (even if they are free), you will never now how many people are interested in fishing from year to year. Besides, our present govt. is not really to concerned about hunters and anglers to begin with. The 2017 budget for AB had .08% allotted towards anything to do with F&W. Retiring CO's are not being replaced, and the minister of Alberta Environment and Parks hasn't even acknowledged the existence of AFGA.
Management plan? What management plan?
Old 06-22-2017, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Got a signed copy on my phone (I used Adobe Fill and Sign App for the signature) and just printed off 4 copies for stashing in various "safe" places that I will never forget.

Thanks for all the tips.
Whats the big deal about about a digital signature? A pic is a pic, and a pic of your signed fishing licence should be ok if your using a pic to begin with. This was suggested years ago on AO.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:04 PM
Banned

The penny dropped. I had an early and long day today, and I didn't even notice that this thread was years old. I saw the flame icon, and figured this was a recent hot thread. I did wonder why some high count posters were banned, but I was on auto pilot.
Did we ever figure out if a pic of your licence is ok?
Old 06-23-2017, 06:10 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Whats the big deal about about a digital signature? A pic is a pic, and a pic of your signed fishing licence should be ok if your using a pic to begin with. This was suggested years ago on AO.
I was out working in the bush 2.5 hours from home. No printers. Bought my fishing license online (and got all my draws in too ), downloaded Adobe Fill and Sign, electronically signed it. Went fishing before I headed home for a bit. Printed out a bunch of copies when I got home just to be safe. Worked slick.