Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-20-2017, 10:11 AM

Default Cambell River

Hey guys need some help. Wanting to get my father out salmon fishing out of Cambell River for a couple day trips, he's 80 but very agile still. Looking to see if anyone knows anyone there with a boat that would be interested in private chartering as neither of us can really afford the big charters. Will be in Cambell River the week of Aug 28. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Brent
Old 08-20-2017, 10:25 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

walleyeca

Default Cambell river guides
Hey try it your self! Just go down to the end of the cambell river town where they rent boats,rent a aluminum daigle boat with a 60 on the back get some 3 ounce banana weights and cut plug mitre box and some cutplug harness and rig it up sit out in front of discover peer and troll from the east end of the pier to a mile west youll see other boats just follow the patter let your line out by pulling out 16 pulls from the reel to the first eye on the rod! slow your motor to just above idle and fish "SLACK and EBB" tide(they will have a chart)
and hang on cause your in for a showdown!!!! you can fish 2 guys all day for under $300, Hope I was a help? I did this method for years!

This from another thread!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-20-2017, 06:55 PM

Absolute Sportfishing
AbsoluteSportfishing.ca
Laurel Gareau
250.287.2210 H
250.203.1162 C

Just got back last week, we've went with him twice and my buddy uses him exclusively. Excellent big stable boat and a good guy. PM if you want some more info

Last edited by Bear Ballz; 08-20-2017 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:00 PM

Just got back from a trip this week. Lots of pinks running up the river, caught a couple by aggressively ripping a small pink spoon when you can see them schooling up river. A couple guys have caught thirty pounders off the pier this year or so I have heard, but they are few and far between.