Old 11-21-2019, 05:45 PM

That's to bad
Old 11-21-2019, 06:01 PM

I wonder how well maple syrup burns???

Jim...
Old 11-21-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I feel so sorry for them, I almost feel like going out and helping the strikers protest.
I’ll bring everything I can round up for a tailgate party and make my all time record trip to Costco to ensure the picketing rail workers don’t get hungry!

Massage chairs? Done!
Radiant heaters? Supplied and fueled! A lounge trailer with a big screen TV? Sure! ( But sorry, no SportsNet )

(Though admittedly that’s not my sentiment as far as it relates to prairie farmers and grain shipments) Can they just strike east of the Manitoba / Ontario border?
Old 11-21-2019, 06:12 PM

What' all the Concern BBQ season is over?
Old 11-21-2019, 06:17 PM

Tabberknack.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:20 PM

Im generally far from sympathetic with anything that happens out east but I do feel for the farmers out there with grain to dry and barns full of animals that need heat. It would be a helpless feeling. Too many days of me sitting by my grain dryer and not getting to hunt I guess.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:23 PM

Perfect timing for some LNG Pipeline advertising ! Alberta Government should print full page adds in Quebec’s top newspapers.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Couple of breakdowns at some compressor stations and pump staions would seem appropriate about now.

Where's Weibo Ludwig when you need him?

(I know, I know...)
Old 11-21-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Bar View Post
Im generally far from sympathetic with anything that happens out east but I do feel for the farmers out there with grain to dry and barns full of animals that need heat. It would be a helpless feeling. Too many days of me sitting by my grain dryer and not getting to hunt I guess.
Actually, a lot of Ontario farmers have wet crops they are drying with propane, they're being rationed.

Grizz
Old 11-21-2019, 10:31 PM

Simple solution Quebec, give Eric Swalwell a call, he has tons of the natural type..
Old 11-21-2019, 10:37 PM

Hang in there CN workers ... let keep it up for a few more week .
Old 11-22-2019, 03:47 AM

They have so many power dams,why can't they just use electric heaters,oh wait cancel this,I don't want to give them any solutions.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:54 AM

Sacre-Bleu. Ou est le propane? J'ai froid.

Let 'em freeze.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:38 AM

Default Lol

No pipe lines hmmmmm
karma is a bitch
Old 11-22-2019, 05:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
Tabberknack.
This nation is kaput eh.....maybe we can have help from the other two nations that occupy Kanada?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-22-2019, 07:16 AM
Gone Hunting

If true, a lot of decent folks will suffer and more then a few may be western farmers and westerners in isolated villages.

Once again the grass roots people will pay the price for political power plays.

As I recall, the the last referendum voted against separation. That tells me that at least half the people in Quebec do not agree with the Bloc's political agenda.

I wonder how many in Alberta would vote to let innocent people in Quebec freeze in the dark. I would hope it is less then 1 percent.

If it's more then 1 percent then we have nothing to be proud of.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-22-2019, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
If true, a lot of decent folks will suffer and more then a few may be western farmers and westerners in isolated villages.

As I recall, the the last referendum voted against separation. That tells me that at least half the people in Quebec do not agree with the Bloc's political agenda.

I wonder how many in Alberta would vote to let innocent people in Quebec freeze in the dark. I would hope it is less then 1 percent.

I can understand your point and I think you would be disappointed if it went to a vote. Frustration and anger have a way of making people justify cruelty

Many will view it as revenge for playing a roll in Albertan’s facing hard economic times, divorces, bankruptcies, sucides, and any other backlash from Quebecers who are against pipelines impacting the economy

Not saying it’s right but relationships with Quebec right now don’t really cause people to be sympathetic
Old 11-22-2019, 07:45 AM

First of all, I certainly don't want to see people suffering - either in the east or west (or in the middle), but it sure is interesting to see how quickly things can become a 'crisis', and this situation shows the disaster of lack of political foresight and the foolishness of making political decisions that don't consider the ramifications of politically pitting one part of the country against other parts.
And the 'bloc-head' - oops, I mean the head of the bloc sure has gone quiet!!!
I wonder who is telling him to keep his mouth shut!
Old 11-22-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post

In the last referendum, over 49% of the people voted to separate, that isn't just a small group of radicals as some people would have us believe. As for the number of people that would not be bothered by Quebec freezing in the dark, I am thinking that it would be far greater than 1%, it might not be a majority, but I think that it would be significant. This wouldn't be as much to make Quebec suffer, as it would be to make them think about their anti pipeline stance. Then again, no matter how much they suffer, Quebec simply doesn't care about anyone but themselves, so it won't change their mind about supporting pipelines.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:23 AM

If the situation was reversed, do you honestly think they would help us?

Likely they will do nothing to help themselves. Once a state of emergency is declared they will call in the military to save their asses. They will burn countless amounts of the very fossil fuels they are pushing so hard to avoid. Hell they might even get trump to supply it as a relief effort. Best of all they wont have to pay for it. The tax payers will carry that burden but Quebec will get a larger portion of it as part of the Equality Payments.

I say let them freeze if they want to be entitled elitists.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 11-22-2019, 08:24 AM

Fairly sad to see the general views of the AO crowd. It's really no wonder our country is torn apart from the inside...

What a brutal world we live in...
Old 11-22-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Fairly sad to see the general views of the AO crowd. It's really no wonder our country is torn apart from the inside...

Too Bad there can freeze. Put the damn pipelines through enough of this east not looking out for the whole of Canada not always themselves.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:40 AM

You mean that Saudi Arabia doesn't have propane for Quebec, maybe get the executives from SNC Lavalin to get working on this with their partners there, maybe selfie boy can intervene

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
If the situation was reversed, do you honestly think they would help us?
Not a chance in he11 they would help us.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:

Being able to observe obvious irony does not make us bad. Keep in mind we’re the ones helping them in the first place, and willing to help them even more with things called ‘pipelines’. That they openly spit in our faces is not our doing.

Quebec is the most deeply politically corrupt region in Canada, probably the most corrupt in North America north of the US/Mexico border. SNC Lavalin ring a bell? Hell’s Angels and the Rock Machine? Mom Bouchet, the Mafia... The recent bribery conviction for the guy who plead guilty on the McGill Health Centre construction bribes? The bribery and corruption is deeply engrained there, so much so that it’s standard operating procedure for many. It’s even the heart of Canada’s organized crime gangs for Pete’s sake...

We’re busy working here (or trying to) while they’re busy trying to either stop us from doing so, or to extort their share.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 11-22-2019 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:

Pull up your big girl panties Nancy, if this country keeps electing idiots to run it what do you expect?

Let them freeze. Period.

I’m sure the shiny pony will step in and give out a relief fund of down jackets etc...
Old 11-22-2019, 08:51 AM

Default propane

Guys situation is much more complicated. The Cochin Pipeline from Ft Sask was reversed to move condensate/diluent from Sarnia to Alberta. Now propane going by rail which is very dangerous especially when CN fired 1600 railway workers that keep line safe. A few years back CN came within a few hours of blowing Gainford off the map with a propane derailment. Just another good example of shortage of pipelines in Canada.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
Too Bad there can freeze. Put the damn pipelines through enough of this east not looking out for the whole of Canada not always themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Being able to observe obvious irony does not make us bad. Keep in mind we’re the ones helping them in the first place, and willing to help them even more with things called ‘pipelines’. That they openly spit in our faces is not our doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Pull up your big girl panties Nancy, if this country keeps electing idiots to run the country what do you expect?

Let them freeze. Period.

I’m sure the shiny pony will step in and give out a relief fund of down jackets etc...
^^^ These attitudes are what prevent our great country from progressing for the betterment of all Canadians. You guys are no better than the people your bashing...
Old 11-22-2019, 08:56 AM

Smile Look at this as a learning experience

I firmly belief that the gullible masses and their political puppet masters should be allowed to fully experience the negative impacts of their beliefs. Only those who experience intense suffering shall attain true enlightenment.

Besides, HOW DARE THEY! generate CO2 from burning propane when there are perfectly good, non-polluting sources of heat available!! They can wear warmer clothes and farmers could simply spread their crops in the field for sun drying; works for clothes and fish.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-22-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
^^^ These attitudes are what prevent our great country from progressing for the betterment of all Canadians. You guys are no better than the people your bashing...
Quebec is Canada’s tapeworm.