Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Averages say you need to let 3 or less goals in to win on average in the NHL. If Smith starts the 2nd, I think that is a fail on Tippett's part.

Not Smith man. This teams seems to fail him every time he is in net. First goal - guy walks in and rips it from the dot when bear gets beat to the outside. Second goal McD blows the zone early and slacks back. Again Kopitar uncontested from the top of the circle. Third goal Oilers D man gets caught deep and Dri who’s covering ( poorly ) Slack &@“es back. Smith makes the first stop and Dri does nothing to tie up the mans stick or even be on the strong side for the rebound. Not on Smith in my opinion.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricki Bobby View Post
Get that piece of Swiss cheese out of that net already
No idea... Is Smith in net?

Booooyahhhhh!!!!!

Here we go boys!!!!!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-21-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
If I were Tippet I’d bench Dri and McD for the second period. Last two goals could have been prevented with some defensive effort. McD blowing the zone early again and Dri coasting. Grrrrrr....
Get a grip man..... lol
Old 11-21-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Get a grip man..... lol
I’m still mad at them. But that helped 😡
Old 11-21-2019, 10:02 PM

The scoreboard looks weird....
Old 11-21-2019, 10:04 PM

I like this other goalie...
Old 11-21-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Not Smith man. This teams seems to fail him every time he is in net. First goal - guy walks in and rips it from the dot when bear gets beat to the outside. Second goal McD blows the zone early and slacks back. Again Kopitar uncontested from the top of the circle. Third goal Oilers D man gets caught deep and Dri who’s covering ( poorly ) Slack &@“es back. Smith makes the first stop and Dri does nothing to tie up the mans stick or even be on the strong side for the rebound. Not on Smith in my opinion.
I guess Tippett agreed with me. 1st goal was definitely stoppable and the 3rd was poor rebound control. 3 goals on 12 shots doesn't cut it. It not a Smith thing, I have been questioning for years why a goalie isn't pulled after 3 regardless of the circumstances. Poor goaltending, poor defense, poor back check, poor puck luck... I really don't care, it is the NHL, you get 3 goals and you are out. Look at the Flames tonight, I would have pulled Rittich after 3 whether it was his fault or not. Too many coaches worried about hurting feelings.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I guess Tippett agreed with me. 1st goal was definitely stoppable and the 3rd was poor rebound control. 3 goals on 12 shots doesn't cut it. It not a Smith thing, I have been questioning for years why a goalie isn't pulled after 3 regardless of the circumstances. Poor goaltending, poor defense, poor back check, poor puck luck... I really don't care, it is the NHL, you get 3 goals and you are out. Look at the Flames tonight, I would have pulled Rittich after 3 whether it was his fault or not. Too many coaches worried about hurting feelings.
With proper defence all three shots should not have happened. All high quality chances from within the house. All within the 20 foot mark of the net and all three not a defender in good position. That’s on the players. Not Smith. Only guy I forgive is Bear he’s learning the NHL game still. How does Dri not tie up Carter. He actually moves out of his way and let’s him walk in.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:09 PM
Banned

I see that the Soilers are soiling tonight. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Moose View Post
I see that the Soilers are soiling tonight. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Probably won't see much response from soiler fans, they're all on the flames thread dumping on them. Interesting how they complained about flames fans on their thread, but they can't seem to stay off the Calgary thread.

People in glass houses....
Old 11-21-2019, 11:18 PM
Banned

That is why they are known as SOILERS
Old 11-21-2019, 11:21 PM

Poor effort all around. Disappointing they can’t win against these teams in the basement of the Standing. Wash it and on to Vegas.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Probably won't see much response from soiler fans, they're all on the flames thread dumping on them. Interesting how they complained about flames fans on their thread, but they can't seem to stay off the Calgary thread.

People in glass houses....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Poor effort all around. Disappointing they can’t win against these teams in the basement of the Standing. Wash it and on to Vegas.
That basement team is 4 for last 5 and 5 straight wins at home.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
That “basement team”? Are you talking about the future location of the Soilers?
Old 11-21-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
That “basement team”? Are you talking about the future location of the Soilers?

Old 11-21-2019, 11:29 PM

Quote:
With proper defence all three shots should not have happened. All high quality chances from within the house. All within the 20 foot mark of the net and all three not a defender in good position. That’s on the players. Not Smith. Only guy I forgive is Bear he’s learning the NHL game still. How does Dri not tie up Carter. He actually moves out of his way and let’s him walk in.
When is the last time you saw less than 20 shots in a game? Best defense in the world doesn't stop all the shots. There are shots that are stoppable and there are ones that are not. Again, the 1st and 3rd were stoppable shots. If you asked Smith right now he would want the 1st back and control the rebound on the 3rd.

The Oilers actually played a fairly even game back and forth with the Kings tonight. The difference was goaltending. In the last 5 game Quick is in his old form and playing outstanding. He will be the difference for the Kings if they turn their season around.

As much as it seems like a good idea, I think the Oilers need to establish a more definite role of starter and back-up. I think Koskinen needs to take the reigns and run with at least 55 games this year. Smith's time is either coming to an end or past, I just hope Tippett can get over the sentimental feelings he has for his old Arizona tender.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
So were the sharks
Old 11-21-2019, 11:33 PM

Since he adds absolutely no value to either the Oilers or Flames thread I have added "Dead Moose" to my ignore list. I would suggest all Oilers fan do the same as a person gets a little stupider everytime you read 1 of his post.

Bye Bye Dead Moose!
Old 11-21-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:

As much as it seems like a good idea, I think the Oilers need to establish a more definite role of starter and back-up. I think Koskinen needs to take the reigns and run with at least 55 games this year. Smith's time is either coming to an end or past, I just hope Tippett can get over the sentimental feelings he has for his old Arizona tender.
Exactly. Liked the 2 on 2 off thing at the start but that needed to change a couple weeks ago already.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Since he adds absolutely no value to either the Oilers or Flames thread I have added "Dead Moose" to my ignore list. I would suggest all Oilers fan do the same as a person gets a little stupider everytime you read 1 of his post.

Bye Bye Dead Moose!
I’m just glad he’s a flame fan.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:44 PM

Quote:
When is the last time you saw less than 20 shots in a game? Best defense in the world doesn't stop all the shots. There are shots that are stoppable and there are ones that are not. Again, the 1st and 3rd were stoppable shots. If you asked Smith right now he would want the 1st back and control the rebound on the 3rd.

The Oilers actually played a fairly even game back and forth with the Kings tonight. The difference was goaltending. In the last 5 game Quick is in his old form and playing outstanding. He will be the difference for the Kings if they turn their season around.

I agree. Just don’t like the effort from the oilers tonight. Blown coverages everywhere. One to two steps behind. Even if Koskinen had started and held them to 2 we still lose. One goal ain’t winning you nothing.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

First day with your new picture? Don't wear it out now. If you don't stop you'll go blind.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
I’m just glad he’s a flame fan.
What have you been doing Moose?

Ya gots people’s panties in a knot.

I hope that your feelers aren’t hurt too bad.

The Flamers kept on sucking and the Oilers sucked a little less tonight.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:21 AM

Quote:
The more they stay the same? Yea, the Oilers sitting in sole possession of second place in the Western Conference 1/3 of the way through the season is just the same old same old

You can't even hate properly without sounding like a fool!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NfbQDW2HvrY
Old 11-22-2019, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:

Bye Bye Dead Moose!
BD..you know what they say...You don't know when you're DEAD and it applies when you STUPID
Old 11-23-2019, 07:43 PM

Hope the boys are ready tonight. Coming off the slack $&@ performance they had in L.A they should be flying to escape the embarrassment tonight. Im still a little peeved at the first line. I don’t expect every night for them to put up big numbers but pls don’t be a liability on the ice. Do better McD and Dri !!!!

Man sounds stupid even saying it.... what ya gonna do ?

GO OILERS GO !!!
Old 11-23-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Hope the boys are ready tonight. Coming off the slack $&@ performance they had in L.A they should be flying to escape the embarrassment tonight. Im still a little peeved at the first line. I don’t expect every night for them to put up big numbers but pls don’t be a liability on the ice. Do better McD and Dri !!!!

Man sounds stupid even saying it.... what ya gonna do ?

GO OILERS GO !!!
I find it comical how angry you are with mcdavid and Draisital for having a less than stellar game when the two combined for almost 90 points 23 games in. Lol
Old 11-23-2019, 07:47 PM

And your most likely the only person in the world to call them a liability on the ice. Lol