Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2019, 10:32 PM

What to say, eh? Peters should stay, Johnny should go....he has a very cap-friendly contract for when he's contributing.....

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 11-21-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
What to say, eh? Peters should stay, Johnny should go....he has a very cap-friendly contract for when he's contributing.....

What would you bring back in a trade for Johnny? Major gamble but maybe it would work with Johnny headed back to Jersey and Hall head home to Calgary? Would Jersey consider that an even trade or would Calgary need to sweeten the pot? Or would Jersey need to sweeten the pot?
Old 11-21-2019, 11:16 PM

I see the phlegm’s are phlegming tonight. Typical for a 1 cup team.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:32 PM

Default The Duke

Good thing there was a couple John Wayne movies on TCM tonight, at least I had something to watch ...
Old 11-22-2019, 01:26 PM

Give ya Larsson for Johnny lol
Old 11-22-2019, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Give ya Larsson for Johnny lol
No thanks, too much “Soiler Stench” on Larson and that stuff is hard to get rid of
Old 11-22-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Moose View Post
No thanks, too much “Soiler Stench” on Larson and that stuff is hard to get rid of
Baha probably right. I sure think trading Gaudreau would be a helluva mistake—he’s a fantastic player on arguably one of the best deals in the league. Not sure what the issue is with the Flames but I don’t see him being removed from the equation being what solves the problem.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Baha probably right. I sure think trading Gaudreau would be a helluva mistake—he’s a fantastic player on arguably one of the best deals in the league. Not sure what the issue is with the Flames but I don’t see him being removed from the equation being what solves the problem.
I've watched him live couple dozen times now, really different than TV. He's not Fleury, St Louis, or anything close. I would absolutely bet he's not popular on the team. His antics shaking his hands & constant looks at the ref would have Messier doing a little one-to-one talk, methinks. Where is Gio?

Gaudreau has led them nowhere under his third coach, Him or Peters, no contest.....

Old 11-22-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
What would you bring back in a trade for Johnny? Major gamble but maybe it would work with Johnny headed back to Jersey and Hall head home to Calgary? Would Jersey consider that an even trade or would Calgary need to sweeten the pot? Or would Jersey need to sweeten the pot?
Maybe Jersey eat some salary/cap space cause TRE really did well with Johnny & Mony? The current team just stuck talent-wise, & not near enough desire. That's a difficult problem, maybe Tkachuk the only guy that really HATES losing at this point ?

Old 11-23-2019, 10:13 AM

The Flames game vs Flyers starts early today, puck drop in an hour or so (11 AM)...figured I'd point it out so nobody would miss out on this opportunity to watch the end of the painful slide. Or extend it. I still haven't decided if I'm going to watch, or head down to Bullets & Broadheads for another range day. Went there the first time yesterday, and what a beautiful shooting facility! Wifey is buying me a membership for Christmas, since World Peace wasn't available......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-23-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
The Flames game vs Flyers starts early today, puck drop in an hour or so (11 AM)...figured I'd point it out so nobody would miss out on this opportunity to watch the end of the painful slide. Or extend it. I still haven't decided if I'm going to watch, or head down to Bullets & Broadheads for another range day. Went there the first time yesterday, and what a beautiful shooting facility! Wifey is buying me a membership for Christmas, since World Peace wasn't available......
That's a great gift, i will have too look it up.
Yeah I am at work so will listen on the radio as much as I can, maybe it will sound better than it looks.
I can't see this going on much longer, can it? Listening to all the negative points being thrown around last few days, some of these stats are crazy. Jankowski has had 1 shot on net in 88 shifts, no points. Johnny and Monahans stats are horrible. Rittich needs to stop trying to force something to happen and getting stuck behind the net.
Let's hope the players only meeting and hanging out in hotel with the flight mess up, all helps. Has to start somewhere. Go Flames Go!!!!
Old 11-23-2019, 10:39 AM

Default Flames

I am going to watch this one. Not sure what’s wrong with this team, but sure hope they snap out of it sooner, than later.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:42 AM

This is the point of the big switch where oil and flame trade places.
I have a feeling in my little toe that over the next 20 games the flames will win 13-15 of those games and my oil will win 7-10 of the games.
Hope I’m wrong.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I have a feeling in my little toe that over the next 20 games the flames will win 13-15 of those games and my oil will win 7-10 of the games.
Hope I’m wrong.
Well....I hope you're right, but sounds like a fantasy to me....I just want to watch some decent hockey. If Flyers score first, I'm going to the range!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-23-2019, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Hope I’m wrong.
If they go 0-57 to finish the season would be perfect. Or, is that hoping for too much?????
Old 11-23-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
If they go 0-57 to finish the season would be perfect. Or, is that hoping for too much?????
Oilers are top in the pacific. I don’t think there’s any chance they will go 0-57.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not from a soilers fan. That team has had runs a lot like that many times over the last 10-12 years.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:08 AM

Dare I even start watching?
Wish I could join TC at the range, but alas.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Not from a soilers fan. That team has had runs a lot like that many times over the last 10-12 years.
You Phleghm fans really have to do some research. Your team has only won 4 playoff series in the last 28 years. Maybe the worst record in the league.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
You Phleghm fans really have to do some research. Your team has only won 4 playoff series in the last 28 years. Maybe the worst record in the league.
You ever get bored posting the same thing over and over again? Or do you have it on a note pad so can just copy and paste? Since you put it up so often?
Old 11-23-2019, 11:26 AM

Don't feed the trolls Rig-Rat. He's been on my ignore list for a couple years, and it's great....until you quote him and I still see his drivel. Anyway, I few make my list, but he's Special. *click* ígnore.

Old 11-23-2019, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
You ever get bored posting the same thing over and over again? Or do you have it on a note pad so can just copy and paste? Since you put it up so often?
Have to, slow learners.
And Twisted Canuck has the right idea. If the truth hurts, don't read it.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
......*click* ígnore.
I've done this as well, it's unfortunate, but it makes the forum a better place.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:54 AM

Default Flames

Quote:
Don't feed the trolls Rig-Rat. He's been on my ignore list for a couple years, and it's great....until you quote him and I still see his drivel. Anyway, I few make my list, but he's Special. *click* ígnore.
Good idea for guys like that
Old 11-23-2019, 12:11 PM

Done and done. Ha

Well so far not loosing. Man Geo last year was popping them in from the blueline, this year can't even get them to the net.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:16 PM

I guess the Flames have to be more like the Oilers an just not make the playoffs as some Oilers fans think that's better than making the playoff an losing in the first round.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:16 PM

Default Flames

No puck luck at all. Posts, or crossbars only
Old 11-23-2019, 12:17 PM

Eat Bread playing with more heart than the rest of the team again. What a great move on that rush, almost tucked it in.

Old 11-23-2019, 12:21 PM

Default Flames

Ritter looking pretty solid. Keeping us in this game.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:31 PM

Awe geez. That’s not good.