Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
The best fight I ever saw in my life happened between two young French dudes in the pool at that resort. Happened at the swim-up bar. Way better than UFC. My son was in gr 6 at the time. Blood everywhere. Cleared the pool. The one guy held the other guy's head underwater for at least 20 seconds in an attempt to drown him before staff jumped in the pool and intervened. It was actually the guy who ran the poolside entertainment. I went to the GM to give my commendation for his bravery, as there was no security around. Took cajones cuz the two dudes fighting were bad hombres.

Women and unlimited booze ain't always a great combination for young rutting bucks. LOL. Still, it's a good place.

Stuff can happen anywhere.
"French" or Quebeckers ? They are about as obnoxious as can be and resort staff have a profound dislike for them. Seen a couple dragged of by the cops in Cuba. One resisted, so they beat him on the knees with their night sticks till he got the point.

Grizz
Old 11-22-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
"French" or Quebeckers ? They are about as obnoxious as can be and resort staff have a profound dislike for them. Seen a couple dragged of by the cops in Cuba. One resisted, so they beat him on the knees with their night sticks till he got the point.

Grizz
Kind of a funny segway- my son was bouncing at a bar in Wainwright, and he said every time the French would come to CFB Wainwright to train they would spend at least a couple nights in the bar, starting fights. They always got their clocks cleaned, and inevitably the MP's would come drag them out in very uncivilized ways. They just never learned. I always told my son to be careful with people that are trained to kill with their bare hands, but apparently they must not do that anymore, the farm and oil boys laid huge whoopings on them.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-22-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Kind of a funny segway- my son was bouncing at a bar in Wainwright, and he said every time the French would come to CFB Wainwright to train they would spend at least a couple nights in the bar, starting fights. They always got their clocks cleaned, and inevitably the MP's would come drag them out in very uncivilized ways. They just never learned. I always told my son to be careful with people that are trained to kill with their bare hands, but apparently they must not do that anymore, the farm and oil boys laid huge whoopings on them.
Most of the French Canadian units in the Canadian Army have a reputation for starting fights and wrecking ,especially fighting with English speaking units on exercises , it’s nothing new , has been going on for years , the upper hierarchy of , the Armed Forces wouldn’t stomp down on them, because of the political fall out, they are also notorious for fighting among themselves, wrecking barracks on the bases , always covered up by the French Canadian Quebec Mafia in the Armed Forces
Old 11-22-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Google highest crime rates in canada per capita and you will be surprised the cities that come up, Regina, Saskatoon, Wetaskiwin, Red Deer, Prince Albert,
Im not surprised, since I have lived in Saskatoon and Regina, and spent a good portion of my life in PA. Its bad, really bad, yet my relatives still can’t figure out why I lament leaving Medicine Hat to come back here for work. The two cities are similar in size, but otherwise they couldn’t be more different.

Sorry for off topic post. Resorts are mostly good, but as mentioned things can and do happen. They happen here too, but its not as interesting to read about vs pee in the pool locales.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:59 AM

Default Yes

To answer the OP's original question:

Yes I do

Looper
Old 11-22-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
The best fight I ever saw in my life happened between two young French dudes in the pool at that resort. Happened at the swim-up bar. Way better than UFC. My son was in gr 6 at the time. Blood everywhere. Cleared the pool. The one guy held the other guy's head underwater for at least 20 seconds in an attempt to drown him before staff jumped in the pool and intervened. It was actually the guy who ran the poolside entertainment. I went to the GM to give my commendation for his bravery, as there was no security around. Took cajones cuz the two dudes fighting were bad hombres.

Women and unlimited booze ain't always a great combination for young rutting bucks. LOL. Still, it's a good place.

Stuff can happen anywhere.

My wife and I have some fun times at that bar. That would have been a blast to watch.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:48 PM

I have travelled extensively in some of the sketchiest places on earth. Never had a problem yet that a couple of Shekels and or armed security couldn't solve. I however will not go to Mexico.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

Grizz
K-Bekers

Beat each other brutally

I loved every minute of it. Was a great teaching opportunity for me to show my son what happens when alcohol is abused starting at 10 am, and then skanky hoes with chest surgery enter the picture. LOL
Old 11-22-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riden View Post
My wife and I have some fun times at that bar. That would have been a blast to watch.
It was AWESOME
Old 11-22-2019, 02:20 PM

In a relatively short amount of time Mexico has totally lost Acapulco to gangs and they are now well documented to be moving into the Cancun area. Every holiday location has some baseline danger of course but the gang angle, specially the way Mexican gangs operate, is a whole other ball game. The gang violence down south is definitely a cause for concern and consideration.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:06 PM

Well here is a fresh word of caution. I am actually staying in Mexico right now like I said on another thread. I’m at a pretty fancy resort, no problems to report aside from a leaky hotel room ceiling and two minor items going missing.

Had a good buddy also happened to be in Mexico at a resort in Cancun about 40 mins away. Last night he was found in a stairwell of his resort covered in blood, got taken to the hospital where they say he was roofied. Needed 13 stitches. He is not a reckless guy either, probably one of the most common sense smart people I could name.

Just a word to be very careful while there.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:44 AM

Single lady gets beat up by another male resort guest?
Think there's more to this story....
Not sure how this equates to Mexico being unsafe.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
Single lady gets beat up by another male resort guest?
Think there's more to this story....
Not sure how this equates to Mexico being unsafe.
So what's the rest of the story with jstubbs' friend? Please, do tell.

The lady had it comin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Well here is a fresh word of caution. I am actually staying in Mexico right now like I said on another thread. I’m at a pretty fancy resort, no problems to report aside from a leaky hotel room ceiling and two minor items going missing.

Had a good buddy also happened to be in Mexico at a resort in Cancun about 40 mins away. Last night he was found in a stairwell of his resort covered in blood, got taken to the hospital where they say he was roofied. Needed 13 stitches. He is not a reckless guy either, probably one of the most common sense smart people I could name.

Just a word to be very careful while there.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....