Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-09-2019, 02:09 PM

Default Waterfowl Guides and Scouts Wanted

Hi to All,

Alberta Parkland Waterfowl Professionals is looking for 2 experienced waterfowl guides and 2 scouts for this September and October. You must be personal, hospitable and above all professional. Your job will be to guide or scout. We do not mix these two responsibilities.

Scouts do not need experience, we will train you. Scouts must be comfortable talking to farmers and making cold calls.

We use IHunter overlain with county maps and you must have a compatible smart phone or tablet.

A well trained retriever is nice to have but not a necessity. Prior dog handling experience would be a plus.

Hunting area is central Alberta about 1.5 hrs from Edmonton and 2 hrs from Calgary.

We provide accommodation, meals, gas, (on some hunts vehicle), salary and tips.
We don't need your hunting equipment unless you choose to bring it.

We welcome diversity and inclusion and do not discriminate against race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion or sexual orientation. We have found this is a great opportunity for young people just entering the workforce and newly retired people who like to keep busy.

If you would like to apply or want more information please contact us on our web site at www.apwp.ca or call David at 403-589-0840. You can also PM on this forum.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:47 PM

I assume you are the one who bought out Phil’s outfit? Best of luck to you. Hopefully whoever fills this position will have the utmost respect for landowners and excellent ethics. Here’s to a good hatch and and a bird filled sky come fall.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:21 AM

I know Rook personally and have hunted in the field with him. Great guy, and the type of guy that I'd be happy to work for. He loves waterfowling and working with retrievers and I've learned some great stuff by sharing in a field shoot or two with him in the past.

Hopefully finds some good hands for this fall.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
I know Rook personally and have hunted in the field with him. Great guy, and the type of guy that I'd be happy to work for. He loves waterfowling and working with retrievers and I've learned some great stuff by sharing in a field shoot or two with him in the past.

Hopefully finds some good hands for this fall.
I wish him well, even though I hunt some of the same area, and will be competing with him for fields to hunt.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:49 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys!
Old 07-12-2019, 01:57 PM

Awesome guy with some great dogs. All the best in the outfitting world hopefully the last outfitter in that area didn’t wreck it to bad for you.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointer View Post
Awesome guy with some great dogs. All the best in the outfitting world hopefully the last outfitter in that area didn’t wreck it to bad for you.
He has some damage control to do, the outfitters operating in the area have soured some landowners against outfitters.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:25 PM

Default Waterfowl guides

There was an outfitter from Wainwright down by Sedgewick last fall who has ruined it for any other outfitters and himself on hundreds of quarters of land in the area.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
He has some damage control to do, the outfitters operating in the area have soured some landowners against outfitters.
Oh I know 😏
Old 07-15-2019, 12:19 PM

Yes there is considerable damage control to manage. That is why my company has zero-tolerance for unprofessional conduct. Employees/contractors must understand and demonstrate this is a business not a hobby.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:01 PM

Good luck David
Rob (whitewolf game birds & hunting dogs)