Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-17-2019, 09:16 PM

Default Northern Saskatchewan suggestions?

I'm planning on heading to the Meadow lake area in a few weeks with my boys to camp and fish. I've been researching different lakes to try but I'm wondering if anyone could provide any suggestions on lakes that would be suitable to fish out of pontoon boats? We're hoping to find some decent Pike and walleye. Any information would be great. Pm if you prefer. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2019, 08:07 AM

In the park I really like Rusty lake, it’s one of the smaller ones. Less pressure and isn’t as affected by the wind. Plenty of hungry pike in there and some decent ones as well. If your looking for a quite campground within the park I’d suggest Vivian lake campground.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:41 AM

Meadow lake park got flattened a few weeks ago by a tornado, you might want to do some double checking for sure beforehand.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHRVN View Post
Meadow lake park got flattened a few weeks ago by a tornado, you might want to do some double checking for sure beforehand.
only 2 campsites in the whole park got damaged from the Tornado. It's a pretty big park with alot of nice camping.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy1979 View Post
only 2 campsites in the whole park got damaged from the Tornado. It's a pretty big park with alot of nice camping.
Good to know.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:48 AM

When i went years ago with a float tube we did graveyard and cache lake. I dont remember which is which but we were able to just about camp beside the lake i was able to fish, it had a small island in the middle. Really fun for pike, beautiful secluded little lake.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:52 PM

Rusty lake is great for both pike and walleye and 3d Mustus lake is my favorite and it has everything including decent perch. There is perch in Rusty too but I found them way more difficult to catch than in 3d Mustus. There is tiny Otter lake as well which does not have boat launch so you will see only inflatables, canoes or foldable boats on it. It has tons of small and medium pike and they act like never seen lure before. My 12 year old was catching them left and right without even casting further than 15 yards from the boat. All in all it is an amazing park to fish.