Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2019, 03:38 PM

Default OIC for gun bans

https://firearmrights.ca/en/minister...d-to-ban-guns/

Says they don’t wanna set a date to avoid people panic-buying.

I’d say this statement alone should do it.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:56 PM

OIC = no compensation, which means compliance rates will likely be pretty low. Even the lowly 10/22 could be on that list.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:36 PM

Probably see compliance rates like in NZ. No compensation? I can just see people lining up to surrender their property, all in the spirit of public safety. Yep. This ought to be interesting. Wonder if the yellow leg Door Kicking Squad is looking forward to this.....?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-06-2019, 05:10 PM

In a minority government, with separation sentiments growing on both sides...Go for it. Sooner we are out from under this abusive eastern dictatorship, the better. Selfie the clown and the minister of nothing seem to forget they have no authority west of onterrible.

Even the royal gestapo won’t be so foolish as to pull another high river, if they remain employed here. Hopefully they don’t but that’s a different matter.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:23 PM

Well I have nothing to worry about, I don’t have any guns!
Old 12-06-2019, 05:38 PM
Banned

They won’t succeed but if they do I’d be very sad about it. On the other hand I’d keep my popcorn handy to hear Le’ messy details on the news for all the people’s to see. I wouldn’t be sad if they banned Quebec firearms owners as they are already the governments love toys, besides only FRENCH people go postal as statistics have shown. Lots of hard core firearms enthusiasts in this country and someone if not many will go Oswald. Maybe all the firearms owners can create a yearly parade where we all dress up like gangster toting cap gun owners and run wild in the streets.

This isn’t NZ or Australia, this is Canada! Pronounced as it sounds in the English dictionary!
Old 12-06-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
OIC = no compensation, which means compliance rates will likely be pretty low. Even the lowly 10/22 could be on that list.
Guess if you live in Quebec, they know who you are.

Grizz
Old 12-06-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Well I have nothing to worry about, I don’t have any guns!
Me neither and no decals on my truck. Maybe I'll get a rainbow vegan decal.

Last edited by The Cook; 12-06-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:54 PM

Banned guns will be worth more in the coming years gangs, terrorists and criminals will be stock piling before the ban.

I'm sure for some firearm owners the banned list will be an eye opener like in NZ all semi auto and tube fed .22's were banned.... but they said just military looking.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
In a minority government, with separation sentiments growing on both sides...Go for it. Sooner we are out from under this abusive eastern dictatorship, the better. Selfie the clown and the minister of nothing seem to forget they have no authority west of onterrible.

Even the royal gestapo won’t be so foolish as to pull another high river, if they remain employed here. Hopefully they don’t but that’s a different matter.
Agreed!!!!
Old 12-06-2019, 06:38 PM

When separation becomes a reality to the liberals hopefully they'll back off,
Old 12-06-2019, 06:46 PM

Default No guns here

I will take up gardening.

Nothing more relaxing than than oiling your garden.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:

Sadly this will pass as the NDP or bloc will be bought to support it.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
When separation becomes a reality to the liberals hopefully they'll back off,
As much as I would love that, it will not happen. The oppression must be much greater to rouse your average citizen from their droning state.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
As much as I would love that, it will not happen. The oppression must be much greater to rouse your average citizen from their droning state.
You're probably right,but never say never.people are only going to take so much
Old 12-06-2019, 07:13 PM

Their minority government will not be in office long enough to enforce/collect anything they try to ban. Frankly I find their insistence on making the attempt despite their minority mandate yet another clear indication of both their incompetence and their obliviousness.

At first I typed "Their minority government will not be around long enough to enforce the ban", isn't it sad that we live in a world that I felt I had to edit it so that it could not be construed as a threat?

That being said, contact your local plumber for plastic pipe and end caps in wider diameters than you can find retail
Old 12-06-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
You're probably right,but never say never.people are only going to take so much
And then what will they do? Protest? Practise whining like Greta?

People that obey laws will bend over and take it because we have no options.

We HAVE to hope and believe that our voted in politicians will speak for us and do what is right, trouble is they have no power.

Beyond that, and beyond peaceful protest just what exactly have you got in mind?

99% of law abiding citizens can do nothing, as much as you whine and bitch on forums or maybe even participate in yellow vest protests we are in for whatever the lieberals have planned for us.

What is the answer?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-06-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

We HAVE to hope and believe that our voted in politicians will speak for us and do what is right, trouble is they have no power.

Beyond that, and beyond peaceful protest just what exactly have you got in mind?

99% of law abiding citizens can do nothing, as much as you whine and bitch on forums or maybe even participate in yellow vest protests we are in for whatever the lieberals have planned for us.

What is the answer?
Idk what the answer is but thinking like that is what got us in this mess in the first place
Old 12-06-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Idk what the answer is but thinking like that is what got us in this mess in the first place
Me thinking that the liberals are going to get in did not end us up in this situation. Me being a law obeying tax paying citizen did not cause it either.

If you can blame me for this you must know how to fix it.

Yes, that is how that works.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-06-2019, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Me thinking that the liberals are going to get in did not end us up in this situation. Me being a law obeying tax paying citizen did not cause it either.

If you can blame me for this you must know how to fix it.

Yes, that is how that works.
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”
Albert Einstein.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO CC View Post
“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”
Albert Einstein.
That is how Hitler was able to rise to power, and to start a world war that killed many millions. He was elected into power, and then was allowed to do as he pleased, with almost no opposition from his countrymen. They just stood by and watched.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:

What is the answer?
To hell with their laws

Laws change, governments are toppled, dictators get their just rewards every day on this planet. What about Ottawa makes THEM so indestructible? The royal gestapo? a joke in a bad uniform, hilariously outmanned and outmatched by the people they plan to persecute. Some bottom feeder named judge? Just a pathetic old man with delusions of power and a noise maker.

If people wake up to the attacks on their freedom, you may find out that your idea of our options might be a little...naive
Old 12-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That is how Hitler was able to rise to power, and to start a world war that killed many millions. He was elected into power, and then was allowed to do as he pleased, with almost no opposition from his countrymen. They just stood by and watched.
And by the time the people woke up and wanted to push back, oops, their guns were gone. For their own safety, of course.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
And by the time the people woke up and wanted to push back, oops, their guns were gone. For their own safety, of course.
Governments disarm the population, when they want to ensure that there will be no opposition to them.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
To hell with their laws

Laws change, governments are toppled, dictators get their just rewards every day on this planet. What about Ottawa makes THEM so indestructible? The royal gestapo? a joke in a bad uniform, hilariously outmanned and outmatched by the people they plan to persecute. Some bottom feeder named judge? Just a pathetic old man with delusions of power and a noise maker.

If people wake up to the attacks on their freedom, you may find out that your idea of our options might be a little...naive
So whats the answer? What are you going to do? Who are you going to kill first?

Keyboard mashing is easy. Almost no repercussions. What you are eluding to puts people in jail and graves.

I am not happy either, I do not know the answer, but I know where we are heading and it's certainly not good.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Albert Einstein.
It's dangerous too because criminals are allowed to offend and proliferate.

Good google search, but, have you actually got any answers? I am all ears.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:

How about the death penalty for murderers, and hard labor for anyone caught with illegal firearms? But no, they didn't even charge the idiot that was on trial after shooting someone with a prohibited firearm with any firearms offences. Going after law abiding firearms owners, instead of going after criminals, will accomplish nothing.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
So whats the answer? What are you going to do? Who are you going to kill first?

Keyboard mashing is easy. Almost no repercussions. What you are eluding to puts people in jail and graves.

I am not happy either, I do not know the answer, but I know where we are heading and it's certainly not good.
Anyone who breaks into my house, threatens my freedom and/or attempts to steal my property. Action will result in reaction. If it’s paper and talk I’ll ignore it like last time.

I’m perfectly happy to separate peacefully and politically. I truly hope it goes that way. Seen enough bodies, unlike a lot of tough talkers I know what that looks like and it’s terrible. But if they come, they will get dealt with.

Once ottawa legislates theft, they are no longer a legitimate government and have no authority.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:15 PM

IF something like that would actually work I may consider supporting it, HOWEVER it is proven that this kind of "preventative measure" DOES not and WILL not work so I can not and will not support them. Same as Assault Rifle bans here in the States.

Someone predisposed to breaking the law or injuring/killing someone will do so no matter the medium they choose as a tool. They do not care it is illegal and this horse crap politicians say that they believe the law abiding will comply as they want to be legal is just that, horse crap because the law abiding are not the ones perpetrating criminal acts. Some of these folks need to pull their heads out their arses....
Old 12-06-2019, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:

C’mon man, really?

Criminals are not allowed to do crimes. The just decide to break the laws!
Answers to what: you acting like a deer in the headlights when you realize things don’t look right around you? Deciding that complacence is your answer? Throwing your hands in the air? I thought you were a big boy...
As for myself, I pray to God every day That my daughter won’t have to go through what my generation did go through, overturning a communist regime, with our bare hands. But if that’s what it takes, I’ll do it all over again! For me, for my daughter, as well as for you and your family too.