Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-26-2012, 11:06 PM

Default Newbie Hunter question about Youths/partner tags

Ok time for the second post...

I used to hunt many years ago up north, GP, Peace river area. Just last couple years I started hunting again down near Calgary area. What I am curious about is my kids. They are almost at the age where they want to come out.

I read the regulations but I dont know if I am missing something or if I am just a little too red kneck to understand them when it pertains to youths.

Lets say my son gets a Draw for a tag for Special Antlered Mule Deer Partner Licence (Youth) and he names me as his partner on the tag. If that is the case, I CAN NOT also get a Antlered Mule tag for myself correct. I need to stagger the draws so he gets one one year and I get one the other year correct?

Basically if I am named on any of his youth tags, I then can not get a tag for myself correct.

Thanks and sorry about the question. Just want to make sure I understand it.

Kos
Old 06-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Gone Hunting

I think you have this wrong.

If YOU draw a special antlered mule deer licence then your son can get a youth partner licence and you and he can hunt a mule deer buck and one of you can shoot the buck.

3. Resident hunters successful in drawing a Special Licence in any of the other Draws may designate one eligible resident youth (12 to 17 years of age) to be a partner on their Special Licence.

If either one of you draw an antlered moose licence then the other can get a partner licence (nothing to do with youth)

2. A resident holder of an Antlered Moose Special Licence has the option of designating one eligible hunter, either a resident (adult or youth) or a non-resident (Canadian) (adult or youth), to be a partner on the Special Licence, thereby allowing the designated hunter to obtain a Special Antlered Moose Partner Licence.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 06-27-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Lets say my son gets a Draw for a tag for Special Antlered Mule Deer Partner Licence (Youth) and he names me as his partner on the tag. If that is the case, I CAN NOT also get a Antlered Mule tag for myself correct.
Correct, you can't be named a partner on some else's tag, as well as having the very same tag in your own name.