Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2020, 08:04 AM

Default Canada Post scores a wiener

I placed an order on July 24th. On the 27th the tracking system said 'out for delivery'. At the end of the day that reverted back to 'In Transit'. This morning it says it is in Richmond BC.

Since when is Richmond a stop off point between Lloyd and Calgary?

As for support, the CP website basically says, 'don't bother calling, our help staff don't know any more than you do'.

With Canada Post, it seems they either nail it out of the park or they're sitting in the bleachers with their blankie, sucking their thumb.

Colin
Old 08-01-2020, 08:15 AM

Richmond BC is their main processing hub. Its been 7 days, no reason to get bent out of shape over it in my opinion.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:18 AM

Default c p

i thought i was the only one. LOL mine says delivery date pending...however to be fair it came from Calgary going to bassano and it is a long way and it's only been 3 weeks.
zeek

UPDATE; i now have a estimated delivery date of Aug.4th...holy crap i think Canada Post read this reply

Last edited by zeek; 08-01-2020 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:25 AM

My order from the US was placed July 4 sent via USPS, then passed onto Canada Post, still no package in my hands, the original shipper says, it's on its way, where oh where could it be. AGGGGGG
Old 08-01-2020, 09:22 AM

Between Lloyd and Calgary, it should have only gone through Edmonton, not Richmond. Calgary disperses southern Alberta packages. I sent a package to Lethbridge and it went Okotoks, Calgary, then Lethbridge. Package to GP went to Calgary, then Edmonton then GP. Somebody put it on the wrong truck or it’s been mis-scanned.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
i thought i was the only one. LOL mine says delivery date pending...however to be fair it came from Calgary going to bassano and it is a long way and it's only been 3 weeks.
zeek

UPDATE; i now have a estimated delivery date of Aug.4th...holy crap i think Canada Post read this reply
I sent a letter from Ft. Sask area to Bassano about three years ago. They still havnt got it and it never got returned to sender either. Gone,nada. So your still batting ok.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:33 AM

I had a package delivered by Canada Post from Blairmore to Calgary. Arrived in 5 days and weekend included. Wonder why it didn't go through Richmond first? Luck of the draw or got put on the right pony!!! Obviously didn't do the milk run!!! Thanks "spurly" for the streamers. Actually got a pike about 3 lb in the weeds at CVR first cast. Sorry but left phone in motor home, no pic. Was out in that heat four 4 days. Just got back yesterday

Last edited by barbless; 08-01-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:05 PM

Christopher Columbus sailed for America, landed in the Bahamas
If that happened today he would be working for the Canada Post.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:05 PM

I ordered 6 new tires from Revco ATV sales Canada a day later I decided the stock front rims were a tad narrow to mount an 11" wide tire stock were 10" so Ordered 2 new Rims from Revco.

Tires shipped with FedEx took 6 days to get to my Rural home

Rims were sent Via Canada Post took over 6 days to get from sorting center in Lasalle to Montreal then only 4 days to get from Montreal to my place and were delivered the afternoon of the 4th day.

Replacement Front Brake lever/master cylinder for my old Quad took CP 3 days from Amazon W/H in Vancouver to my mail box parcel slot.

Wife's new dehydrator took a total of 8 days from Amazon USA to home by CP
Old 08-01-2020, 02:26 PM

A couple of years ago, I bought a rod on Ebay. 4 weeks later, Canada Post trace showed the rod had been delivered. My thoughts "f-in" porch pirates. Much to my surprise, my doorbell rang 405 days later and a Postie was standing there with the rod. Now that's service
Old 08-04-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
My order from the US was placed July 4 sent via USPS, then passed onto Canada Post, still no package in my hands, the original shipper says, it's on its way, where oh where could it be. AGGGGGG
You can search the USPS tracking number on Canada Post's tracking web page and get info on your package.

The reverse is also true. I've sent a bunch of stuff to the US and had tons of things shipped here from there. Never had a problem.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***
Old 08-04-2020, 10:27 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I get great service from CP so far to date....might wait a little longer now and then but my first world problem doesn't stop me from my day to day activities...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...