Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Guess we were all wrong.

CBC just spilled the beans.

There you have it.

ansom, 39, was married with three children. Cardinal, 57, had three stepchildren and five grandchildren. Sansom and his uncle had been out hunting for moose to help feed his family after being laid off as a heavy-duty mechanic at Suncor during the COVID-19 pandemic.
I will wait until the trials are over, and the facts have come out in court., before believing what supposedly happened.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I will wait until the trials are over, and the facts have come out in court., before believing what supposedly happened.
Probably in the Crown's interest to settle on a plea bargain and we'll never know.

Grizz
Old 06-14-2020, 08:30 AM
Banned

“Truth” and “CBC” are mutually exclusive terms
Old 06-14-2020, 12:16 PM
Banned

Judging by the media silence about this case, there is definitely more to this story than we may ever know
They were trying to use the systemic racism card early in this case and when word came out that they were potentially robbing these people. Everything went quiet.
This CBC article doesnt shed anymore light on what happened. I dont know the guys that keep robbing our farm. They wont even tell us their names or if they are charged when they catch them etc. Pretty sad country this has become
Old 06-14-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Judging by the media silence about this case, there is definitely more to this story than we may ever know
They were trying to use the systemic racism card early in this case and when word came out that they were potentially robbing these people. Everything went quiet.
This CBC article doesnt shed anymore light on what happened. I dont know the guys that keep robbing our farm. They wont even tell us their names or if they are charged when they catch them etc. Pretty sad country this has become
Looking at everything about Jake Sansom’s family life. I find it hard to believe he was out pillaging farms or acreages. So many positive things about this guy within his community and the MMA community. It just doesn’t add up. His widow says their is video evidence that will hammer home the truth.

The accused’s family is being tight lipped as well as the community in regards to what type of person he is. Not sure why that camp is being so quiet about a person that supposedly was defending property. Even the community isn’t rallying around him. Very strange...

Last edited by 1899b; 06-14-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Looking at everything about Jake Sansom’s family life. I find it hard to believe he was out pillaging farms or acreages. So many positive things about this guy within his community and the MMA community. It just doesn’t add up. His widow says their is video evidence that will hammer home the truth.

The accused’s family is being tight lipped as well as the community in regards to what type of person he is. Not sure why that camp is being so quiet about a person that supposedly was defending property. Even the community isn’t rallying around him. Very strange...
Every case like this, one side is always portrayed as a saint
Just like the innocent chief that tried to fight the rcmp in fort mac
Even if the accused has said anything about their side of the story, it wont be put in the news til after this goes to court.
Old 06-14-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:

I got a call one time many years ago from the manager of Radio Shack in the Lloydminster mall. He was very distraught. A very well known lawyer in the area was caught on video stealing $200 worth of video games. Pocketed them. He charged $450 an hour.

I knew him well.

I thought I knew him well.

Reading half a dozen positive things about someone does not mean they are indeed a good person.

Not trying to argue, just shed some light.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-14-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I got a call one time many years ago from the manager of Radio Shack in the Lloydminster mall. He was very distraught. A very well known lawyer in the area was caught on video stealing $200 worth of video games. Pocketed them. He charged $450 an hour.

I knew him well.

I thought I knew him well.

Reading half a dozen positive things about someone does not mean they are indeed a good person.

Not trying to argue, just shed some light.

Absolutely agree with you.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:11 PM

The Bilodeau family gave out their side of the story to the community when Anthony turned himself in. I was thinking about posting it but decided not to as there is/was a double homicide investigation going on. Last week I spoke to Anthony's friend again to see if the story had changed and he told me that the story changed from "the two were chased of the property twice that night" to that they were there three times that night "the first time to ask permission to hunt on the Bilodeau land" and then twice more. The victims families are finally feeling some relief with the CBC story claiming that this was a random act plus the fact that that Roger Bilodeau has also been charged with second degree murder. I was also told that Anthony and Jacob knew each other through employment and the actual story of the shooting is so wild , bizarre and unbelievable that I am going to refrain from posting it at this time. My apologies for any grief that this post might cause to the victims families.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:

Youve got a few users around here who are anti first nation in all their posts. Theyd rather believe in conspiracies and truths we will never know.

I agree that its interesting the community isnt rallying around an alleged rumour shared here by one user. It seems the rcmp have disputed the one posters accusations.

I know ill be at the trials supporting the families.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmsmith View Post
Youve got a few users around here who are anti first nation in all their posts. Theyd rather believe in conspiracies and truths we will never know.

I agree that its interesting the community isnt rallying around an alleged rumour shared here by one user. It seems the rcmp have disputed the one posters accusations.

More than a few, a lot of Dino’s on this site,
Old 06-14-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmsmith View Post

Why would the RCMP have anything to say about an ongoing investigation ?
Old 06-14-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleprock View Post
The Bilodeau family gave out their side of the story to the community when Anthony turned himself in. I was thinking about posting it but decided not to as there is/was a double homicide investigation going on. Last week I spoke to Anthony's friend again to see if the story had changed and he told me that the story changed from "the two were chased of the property twice that night" to that they were there three times that night "the first time to ask permission to hunt on the Bilodeau land" and then twice more. The victims families are finally feeling some relief with the CBC story claiming that this was a random act plus the fact that that Roger Bilodeau has also been charged with second degree murder. I was also told that Anthony and Jacob knew each other through employment and the actual story of the shooting is so wild , bizarre and unbelievable that I am going to refrain from posting it at this time. My apologies for any grief that this post might cause to the victims families.
Interesting stuff.

Night hunting hours from home. What could possibly go wrong. Feel sorry for the farmers that have to deal with this crap especially living close to the Rez.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Interesting stuff.

Night hunting hours from home. What could possibly go wrong. Feel sorry for the farmers that have to deal with this crap especially living close to the Rez.
How about feeling for the family of the victims. Night hunting doesn’t constitute murder.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr View Post
More than a few, a lot of Dino’s on this site,
It's hard to argue that laws are not stacked against us Whiteys in Canada.

Grizz
Old 06-15-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
It's hard to argue that laws are not stacked against us Whiteys in Canada. Grizz
The last time I heard this there was a different colour in the sentence.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:18 AM

Talking

Guess there is more to the story. Second man charged.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7063196/g...june-2020/amp/
Old 06-15-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Hmmmmm......
Old 06-15-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I’m surprised it took so long to charge the other guy. That’s how investigations go, cop charges people ....people go to court...judge decides.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
How about feeling for the family of the victims. Night hunting doesn’t constitute murder.
You have declared that this was murder, you must know something nobody else does?

Please, do tell.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-15-2020, 03:21 PM

… nope.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:04 PM

I still trying to wrap my head around this but officially (according to the news) the 2 deceased were just driving down the road when they were stopped for no reason by someone they had never met. Then he picked a fight even though 2 on 1 and they were armed (hunting moose implies armed) when the younger bilodeau just happens to drive up, he sees whats going on, starts shooting, kills to men where they lay and the older bilodeau walks away.

I mean, I guess that possible but sure sounds pretty unlikely. Also find it odd that the older bilodeau isn't charged until we have race riots in the streets. I have no idea what happened but I feel terrible for all involved.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
I still trying to wrap my head around this but officially (according to the news) the 2 deceased were just driving down the road when they were stopped for no reason by someone they had never met. Then he picked a fight even though 2 on 1 and they were armed (hunting moose implies armed) when the younger bilodeau just happens to drive up, he sees whats going on, starts shooting, kills to men where they lay and the older bilodeau walks away.

I mean, I guess that possible but sure sounds pretty unlikely. Also find it odd that the older bilodeau isn't charged until we have race riots in the streets. I have no idea what happened but I feel terrible for all involved.
So how did anyone come to the conclusion that this is what happened unless this is also the story who were there and lived to tell the tale.

In my eyes, the farmers are not giving a version anything close to what your saying.

The deseased never gave their version. So where the hell did the version you gave come from? I know your repeating the news version, but where the hell did they get thart version from? The dead can't talk and the living are saying something different.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I would add to Leo's comments that whatever you guys post here is a reflection upon the magazine and its owner. Many of you cry censorship whenever us mods delete a thread or limit discussion, but none of you own this site or the magazine. It is not a bastion of free speech - any of you are welcome to start your own website - and gives Alberta Outdoorsmen a bad, bad look. Many days, I wonder why we even have a general discussion forum.
Thank you!!!
Old 06-15-2020, 07:50 PM

'We want justice': Metis Nation to gather at bail hearing for man accused of killing hunters
On March 28, Jacob Sansom, 39, and Maurice Cardinal, 57, were shot and killed on a rural road near Glendon, Alberta. https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/we-want-...ters-1.4985528

Looks there is going to be some more media attention tomorrow in Edmonton at the bail hearing for the accused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwest View Post
'We want justice': Metis Nation to gather at bail hearing for man accused of killing hunters
On March 28, Jacob Sansom, 39, and Maurice Cardinal, 57, were shot and killed on a rural road near Glendon, Alberta. https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/we-want-...ters-1.4985528

Looks there is going to be some more media attention tomorrow in Edmonton at the bail hearing for the accused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bail has been denied......
Old 06-16-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Bail has been denied......
Jake Sansom, 39, and his uncle Morris Cardinal, 57, were found shot to death by a truck on a rural road north of Glendon on the early morning of March 28, around the corner from a relative’s home where they were visiting.

The two spent the previous day hunting for moose to feed their families near Seibert Lake after Sansom lost his job due to COVID-19.

Roger Bilodeau, 56, of Glendon has also been charged with second-degree murder in their deaths. He is set to appear in court in St. Paul on Thursday.

The victims and accused were not known to each other.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...-metis-hunters
Old 06-16-2020, 05:53 PM

I have spoke to two separate people, both from the community, regarding this incident. One that has lived down the road from the scene his whole life, and knows the family very well. Both expressly denied the early reports of the deceased shooting animals on the accused land, and/or trespassing on their land.

It will come out in court, and until then, it's just idle speculation, but I do not think this is a Gerald Stanley - Colten Boushie Part II. From both conversations, my takeaway was that the deceased were well known in the community, but not for anything bad. The two accused did not seem to have as good a reputation.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I have spoke to two separate people, both from the community, regarding this incident.
One that has lived down the road from the scene his whole life, and knows the family very well.
Both expressly denied the early reports of the deceased shooting animals on the accused land,
and/or trespassing on their land.

It will come out in court, and until then, it's just idle speculation, but I do not think this is a
Gerald Stanley - Colten Boushie Part II. From both conversations, my takeaway was that
the deceased were well known in the community, but not for anything bad. The two accused did
not seem to have as good a reputation.
*Like*
Old 06-16-2020, 11:27 PM

Agree with post 88 on the accused,

I had one dealing with Roger it wasn’t great found him different & so not at all surprised he’s in on this according to the press report

Last edited by Blastoff; 06-16-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Closed Thread