Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmsmith View Post
This was a family member of people close to us. As much as we have heard lots of information no one is silly enough to discuss openly. All ill say is there is a lot of potentially slanderous comments in the first thread.

If your going to drag someones name in the mud with rumors and hearsay you may be held accountable for them.
In what way?
Old 06-02-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
The real story is well known. The media is NOT going to cover this because it doesn't fit the narrative. Hunting had ZERO to do with what happened.
Yup, another case of biased media reporting based on "race" in this Country. It would be refreshing to see the truth of what happened come out after the court case starts but I'm not holding my breath as others have already stated.....
Old 06-02-2020, 07:48 AM

The media always follows the saying, Never Speak ill of the Dead, person might have been about as bottom feeding scum as possible, but they'll find some redeeming virtue to trumpet.

Grizz
Old 06-02-2020, 07:49 AM

People in the community around here already know the truth, but you will never see it in writing. Like some said, the truth when it doesn't fit the narrative is an anathema to the media. But the people know the truth.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmsmith View Post
This was a family member of people close to us. As much as we have heard lots of information no one is silly enough to discuss openly. All ill say is there is a lot of potentially slanderous comments in the first thread.

If your going to drag someones name in the mud with rumors and hearsay you may be held accountable for them.
If you search this on the web you will see that only one family's side is being portrayed by the media.
Part of the problem is the credibility of the news media.
A few years ago I was in Lethbridge. I pull into Walmart with my truck. I don't even try to park close to the store because the parking spaces are to small. There is a line up of trucks all crossed partly across the lines. I take a space between two bigger trucks.
An hour later I come back and all the other trucks are gone except for mine and the television news crew theyre filming my truck. I ask what was going on and they explained they were publicly shaming people for parking across the lines. I explained to them what happened. Didn't matter they still put my truck on the news and made it look like I just parked across the line for no reason.
They also put a picture of a guy in a mini van who stopped temporarily to let a woman with kids cross in front of him. On the news they made it look like he was just parked there for no reason.
Another example is grass fires. If it starts on some guys farm its reported and shown who is to blame. Other groups start huge grass fires almost every year and its not talked about.
People are just frustrated because the people who demand equality never seem to give it.

Last edited by W921; 06-02-2020 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
The media always follows the saying, Never Speak ill of the Dead, person might have been about as bottom feeding scum as possible, but they'll find some redeeming virtue to trumpet.

Grizz
Absolutely. Maybe we will see another college fund or something, like they did for Colton Boushie, a young man struck down in the prime of his innocent life.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-02-2020, 10:08 AM

https://www.cjme.com/2020/05/31/make...-hunting-trip/

It would be nice if the accused’s family told their side of the story. Staying silent doesn’t help but I guess they have to due to the upcoming trial?

Last edited by 1899b; 06-02-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
"..Part of the problem is the credibility of the news media..
A few years ago I was in Lethbridge. I pull into Walmart with my truck. I don't even try to park
close to the store because the parking spaces are to small. There is a line up of trucks all crossed
partly across the lines. I take a space between two bigger trucks..
..An hour later I come
back and all the other trucks are gone except for mine and the television news crew theyre filming my
truck. I ask what was going on and they explained they were publicly shaming people for parking across
the lines. I explained to them what happened. Didn't matter they still put my truck on the news and
made it look like I just parked across the line for no reason..
That would of been so great if live on air you pulled out your cell
and showed them a picture of why/how you ended up parking like that!
Old 06-02-2020, 10:40 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Unhappy

I feel for the families involved on this but nothing will come out of this until the investigation is complete....the question who, what, where and why need to be answered until then just sad for those involved.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-02-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
https://www.cjme.com/2020/05/31/make...-hunting-trip/

It would be nice if the accused’s family told their side of the story. Staying silent doesn’t help but I guess they have to due to the upcoming trial?
That is a truly sad story. I really feel for the widow and children. The loss they are feeling must be overwhelming.

Anything else I say would be nothing more than speculation, so I will wait until we read a recounting of facts at the trial, IF we are allowed to read it.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-02-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Absolutely. Maybe we will see another college fund or something, like they did for Colton Boushie, a young man struck down in the prime of his innocent life.
Don't think so, no similarities between the cases/events.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post
Don't think so, no similarities between the cases/events.
There is one big similarity, the best defense is a good offence.

One side of the incident is quiet, while another side ensures the press reports their side well. In the age of Face Book and Instagram, the first one to publish the events, has their version accepted as the truth.

Not for a second saying I know the truth.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:51 PM

Couple Indians were hunting in the middle of night hours from home. I don’t know if I need more details???
Old 06-02-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Couple Indians were hunting in the middle of night hours from home. I don’t know if I need more details???
Can we still say Indian? I thought that wasn’t all politically kosher and what not ...
Old 06-02-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Ok, so just on those 2 details you think they deserved to be shot dead.
Please explain.
WDF
Old 06-02-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
Ok, so just on those 2 details you think they deserved to be shot dead.
Please explain.
WDF
No. We are suppose to feel compassion because they were unemployed. As the article states.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
No. We are suppose to feel compassion because they were unemployed. As the article states.
Lol....
Old 06-02-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Lol....
My condolences go out to all the families that will be forever affected by this.
WDF
Old 06-03-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I thought they were caught stealing from the other family's shop.

Or are we not allowed to say that either?

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-03-2020, 10:06 AM

I tried to google search anything about the other side of the story that keeps getting hinted at. All I got was the the story we see in the papers.

I guess we wait until the trial to hear what really went on. There seems to be more to the story.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
You need to read and comprehend the story, they got a moose earlier in the day after processing at their relatives farm the confrontation occurred hours later.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I thought they were caught stealing from the other family's shop.

Or are we not allowed to say that either?

It was actually the second time that the same two Indians were caught stealing from the same farm.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:40 AM

That’s why moose are hard to hunt. They are hiding in the back of the shop.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:31 AM

Ok lads, enough of the speculation and conjecture. Please keep the post content relevant to known facts, and choose your wording wisely. We are not judge and jury. Regardless of how you feel or what you think happened, 2 men are dead, and countless lives will never be the same because of this tragic incident. Keep it classy, and I won't punt people or shut down this thread... again.

Thank you,
Old 06-03-2020, 11:48 AM

I would add to Leo's comments that whatever you guys post here is a reflection upon the magazine and its owner. Many of you cry censorship whenever us mods delete a thread or limit discussion, but none of you own this site or the magazine. It is not a bastion of free speech - any of you are welcome to start your own website - and gives Alberta Outdoorsmen a bad, bad look. Many days, I wonder why we even have a general discussion forum.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I would add to Leo's comments that whatever you guys post here is a reflection upon the magazine and its owner. Many of you cry censorship whenever us mods delete a thread or limit discussion, but none of you own this site or the magazine. It is not a bastion of free speech - any of you are welcome to start your own website - and gives Alberta Outdoorsmen a bad, bad look. Many days, I wonder why we even have a general discussion forum.
This is an excellent reminder. I often forget there is an owner behind this site. Good point...
Old 06-03-2020, 02:04 PM

And the owner is a die hard oilers fan. Careful.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:47 PM

second suspect charge. Interesting sentence in the article states the victims didnt know the attackers. Let that sink in for those choosing to slander.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ters-1.5611277
Old 06-13-2020, 09:05 PM

Guess we were all wrong.

CBC just spilled the beans.

There you have it.

ansom, 39, was married with three children. Cardinal, 57, had three stepchildren and five grandchildren. Sansom and his uncle had been out hunting for moose to help feed his family after being laid off as a heavy-duty mechanic at Suncor during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:11 PM

Yup, case closed. Thanks CBC!
Closed Thread