Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-06-2012, 11:54 AM

Default Salt-water Flies for the 2012 season ahead

For those of you that have been getting amped up to catch more Salmon and other species on the Fly this season when you head to the coast, we are looking to help you out.

We have been Developing and Tying Salt-water Fly patterns for years, and we are making them available to AO members to help increase your success this season.

Whether it is a custom colour, or one of our guide tested (mildly put) patterns, we are eager to provide Singles, Half Dozens and Dozens in a variety of Colours.

More information and images are available on our Sponsors Page.

Check it out, or visit us at the Calgary Sportsman Show Booth 510 to see and purchase your next favourite pattern to take to the coast this year..

More patterns and images coming soon.

Jay
Old 02-06-2012, 06:29 PM

Smile

Those flies are fantastic Jay. I love that pink one and the purple one.. Hell I love them all. Great looking patterns. I bet the coho love them too!!!

Are you using polar bear to tie them? I really like tying mine with polar bear. It has a sheen that you just can't seem to get with the artificial materials.

Rob
Old 02-06-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
Those flies are fantastic Jay. I love that pink one and the purple one.. Hell I love them all. Great looking patterns. I bet the coho love them too!!!

Are you using polar bear to tie them? I really like tying mine with polar bear. It has a sheen that you just can't seem to get with the artificial materials.

Rob
Hey Rob,

High Majority are tied with Polar Bear for sure...The posting on my sponsors page shows a good batch of Polar Bear just after dying not long ago. I have been fortunate to source a pretty good supply of excellent quality PB which is getting hard to find these days. Approx. 1 1/2 hides total should keep us tying for a while.

I'll show you many of the patterns in Calgary.

J.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 PM

Smile

Sounds great Jay. See you at the show. Not sure if we'll be there on Friday evening or Saturday. But we will be there for sure.

Rob
Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 PM

I'll be sure to check them out at you Calgary Show booth!

Tags
fly fishing, salmon flyfishing