Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

Tbark.. Watch Dion next game.. This pinching thing is part of what he does now. Last year it was all BOMBS from the blue line.. This year he is allways sneaking in. I like it. Just not sure if they should do it it in 4x4. The other forward isnt there to back him up.

Jamie
Old 10-29-2007, 04:56 PM

To all your oiler fans who laughed and claimed the flames core would be dismantled you will be sad to see that the flames have locked up kipper with a 6 year extension worth 35 mill. Guess the core will be here a while hey!!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
To all your oiler fans who laughed and claimed the flames core would be dismantled you will be sad to see that the flames have locked up kipper with a 6 year extension worth 35 mill. Guess the core will be here a while hey!!
Good to see. To be honest I never figure they'd be able to pull it off, but they have. This should also leave room to resign some others that are due up soon - Dion, & Langkow.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:58 PM
700TI

Quote:
Good for the Phlegms!!!!

If your happy to maybe squeak into the playoffs, and lose in the first round.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:01 PM

Isn't Flipper, I mean Kipper right at the bottom of the goalie stats?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:22 PM

Well, I went to the Anaheim/Edmonton game last night. Let me tell you, it aint nuthin' like Canada!!!!

They dont even introduce them in a way like the Oil or Flames come out. They just skate on the ice at the same time as the Oil did.

The seats were only 3/4 full, weird seeing as they are the champs.

The fans dont even know what offside is, or iceing. Its funny, there were a few times when the Oil didnt clear the zone, Ducks have posession and hundreds of fans are screaming for offside

It was fun, the kids had a good time, the wife was embarrassed.....Teaching the kids how to heckle the Ducks, & chant for the Oil I guess is too much for her....HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Isn't Flipper, I mean Kipper right at the bottom of the goalie stats?
Your point is?????

So is lulongo and brodeur and countless other elite goalies.Kipper is a slow starter and at least this year he has some firepower to help him out.In seasons past if he let one bad goal in,then that was the game because we were not an offesive group.

All that matters is wins,thats it.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:38 PM

700 welcome back,i dont see any elk pics in the hunting forum?????
Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 PM

Boo hoo, slow start... for kipper. Flames are off to a pretty good October.

Cheap price for a Top 3 goalie. Last year Vezina nominee. Won the year before. Then was one of the top reasons flames made a cup run before the lockout.

Poor saps are just jealous... :P
Old 10-29-2007, 10:08 PM

Talking

Now,now! It will be a cold day in heck before I am ever jealous of the Flames or Oilers.

My team has a good goalie and the best young goalie in hockey to boot so I am none to worried. The Flames supposed young star goalie served as a good bench warmer at the World Junior Championships for my man Carey Price.

Oh and wins are what count for sure.

I had to chime in on this thread as all this Oiler and Flames talk was getting as obnoxious as CBC and the Make me Laughs!LOL
Old 10-30-2007, 09:19 AM
700TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
700 welcome back,i dont see any elk pics in the hunting forum?????
There was no Elk that wanted to sacrifice themselves for slaughter, although we did manage to get 1 bull moose. Saw a cougar on an old moose carcass. And let a few deer grow a little older.

Last edited by 700TI; 10-30-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:36 PM

Hey congrats Flames guys. Sutter did it again. I wish he was running the Oil! Hopefully there will come a time when the mantre, "Once an Oiler, Always an Oiler", will cease to exist on the business/management/coaching side of the equation.

Tree
Old 10-30-2007, 10:47 PM

Not really close tonight.
I expected a closer game from Nashville.

TBark
Old 10-30-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Hey congrats Flames guys. Sutter did it again. I wish he was running the Oil! Hopefully there will come a time when the mantre, "Once an Oiler, Always an Oiler", will cease to exist on the business/management/coaching side of the equation.

Tree
i am with ya tree..i feel it is time for a house cleaning
Old 10-31-2007, 02:59 PM

WoW

What another great game by the flames.

Iginla is looking like he is going to have a great season.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Gee, I'm an Oiler fan and I was hoping the Flames would KEEP their "core" together. It's not a core good enough to win anything

The Flames will do better than the Oilers this year. I have no doubt about that. But they have almost no upside. They are not going to be a better team in two years than they are now. They need to win the Cup this year or next year... and they won't. Oilers have WAY better kids than the Flames.... And I will hold that cherished thought close to my breast as they lose game after game this year. LOL
Old 10-31-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Gee, I'm an Oiler fan and I was hoping the Flames would KEEP their "core" together. It's not a core good enough to win anything

The Flames will do better than the Oilers this year. I have no doubt about that. But they have almost no upside. They are not going to be a better team in two years than they are now. They need to win the Cup this year or next year... and they won't. Oilers have WAY better kids than the Flames.... And I will hold that cherished thought close to my breast as they lose game after game this year. LOL

As long as you are enjoying the season.lol

The only real loss we are going to have will probably be Juice,others like yelle ,Conroy and Nolan can be replaced.We will have one of the best core group of players locked up for many years so are chances of winning will not change.Who knows what kind of players nystrom,moss and the rookies we have will be like in a few years.

I dont see the oilers making the playoffs for a longgggggg time unless some big changes happen.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:45 PM
700TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
As long as you are enjoying the season.lol

The only real loss we are going to have will probably be Juice,others like yelle ,Conroy and Nolan can be replaced.We will have one of the best core group of players locked up for many years so are chances of winning will not change.Who knows what kind of players nystrom,moss and the rookies we have will be like in a few years.

I dont see the oilers making the playoffs for a longgggggg time unless some big changes happen.
BB your core group of players are the same ones that got you all the way to the first round...... good luck
Old 10-31-2007, 04:56 PM

700 go play in heavy traffic.

Nice Signature by the way.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:44 PM

Play nice boys.

BB416, I would like the Flames core too if they were my team. Like you said, Yelle, Conroy and Nolan can/will be replaced. I really think Sutter takes in some of the older vets to benefit the younger guys, and this year it really is showing as you are off to your best start in years. I wish you luck unless you are playing the Oil!

Tree
Old 11-01-2007, 06:40 AM

Anyone who wants Yelle to be replaced has no Idea how he plays. He is one of the elite checking forwards in the league. His penalty killing is phenomenal. Sure his offencive production has gone down the last few years, but he is definetly worth every penny.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Anyone who wants Yelle to be replaced has no Idea how he plays. He is one of the elite checking forwards in the league. His penalty killing is phenomenal. Sure his offencive production has gone down the last few years, but he is definetly worth every penny.

Could not agree with you more he is awesome at penalty killing and faceoff's.He is one of those guys that is not flashy but does everything so well.

But with all the raises coming to are forwards and to get phanuef signed,a few heads are going to roll.

I would rather see yelle go then Phanuef,Langkow,Huselius or Lombardi.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=BrownBear416;66769]As long as you are enjoying the season.lol

QUOTE]

Well, that's debatable. LOL We shall see.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:47 PM
700TI

I missed the Phlegm game. Anyone know the score?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:57 PM
700TI

Nevermind , I found out the score. Now I know why there was no response.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700TI View Post
Nevermind , I found out the score. Now I know why there was no response.
Yes they played as well as your team did against the Kings.

I see that oilers have regained last spot.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:24 PM

if the oilers actually had a defensive corps...they may have a chance. until then we will continue to lose 4-1 to teams we outplay offensivly.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:32 PM

I wouldn't say that the coilers outplayed them offensively. Remember, The best offence is a good defence. It is tough to score goals when you can't get the puck. There problem last year was not there inability to keep the puck out of the net. It was there lack of transition game. They had no good puck moving defensemen such as lidstrom, pronger, phaneuf. They have to be able to move the puck around due to the fact that they are not all like hemsky who can dangle with the best of them.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:42 PM

more shots on goal last night, more scoring chances and more won face offs means that they had more puck possesion than the preds lastnight...which, to me, means that they offensivly out played the preds. what they weren't able to do was control the puck in our end and then capitolize on chances in the preds zone.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:17 PM

I love watching the kids. The World Jr. Tournment is hands down my favourite hockey. Tootoo was such a great story of overcoming adversity and now........

Clean hit, and that style of play is what is keeping him employed, but........someone's gonna take his head off, and its going to be ugly. He plays a head-hunter style of game (Mike Pecca minus the skills). You live by the sword, you die by it. Prediction made.

Tree