Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
I think he has enough money to pay for his own campaign. He's worth anywhere between 4 to 10 billion. At 1 million a day he's good from 12 years at least or 27 years at best. The election is less than 16 months away. Pocket change for him.
Obama and Romney both spent a little over a billion dollars last election. I'm guessing even more money will be spent this election. His net worth is most likely around 4 billion so he would have to spend over 1/4 of his net worth to match that amount. That is hardly pocket change. I just can't imagine someone with Trump ego giving up free money to do that.

Also if he sold of a quarter of his investments to raise money for his run, the sell off would likely lower the value of the remaining investments
Old 07-22-2015, 07:29 PM

To spend upwards of a quarter of his total net worth on a campaign where he has a good chance of failing is stupid. If he makes poor decisions like that with his own money, I can imagine the poor decisions he would make with the people's money. Nuff said.
He will not be funding this campaign himself.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:56 PM

Default Net worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpig View Post
Obama and Romney both spent a little over a billion dollars last election. I'm guessing even more money will be spent this election. His net worth is most likely around 4 billion so he would have to spend over 1/4 of his net worth to match that amount. That is hardly pocket change. I just can't imagine someone with Trump ego giving up free money to do that.

Also if he sold of a quarter of his investments to raise money for his run, the sell off would likely lower the value of the remaining investments
He is worth 9 billion.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
To spend upwards of a quarter of his total net worth on a campaign where he has a good chance of failing is stupid. If he makes poor decisions like that with his own money, I can imagine the poor decisions he would make with the people's money. Nuff said.
He will not be funding this campaign himself.
So your calling him a liar ?
Old 07-22-2015, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerhunter View Post
He is worth 9 billion.
If you believe every word he says. According to the statement he filed with the election office a lot of that is intangible not hard assets.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Pretty much.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

They rate vote Democrat, Republican, independence as to the veracity of their statements.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I'm saying if it's true that his net worth is 4 billion and he chooses to spend upwards of 25% of it on a campaign where he can obtain other means of funds to support his campaign instead, he's an idiot.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Banned

One might want to compare the veracity of Trump to Clinton or Bush.

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...llary-clinton/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/jeb-bush/

Yeah, I'd say the Trump is a liar.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:12 PM

To spend a quarter of your money on a campaign that will in all likelyhood fail, shows unsound decision making. Especially when there are other means of obtaining the funds. He's gambling his own money. If he's willing to do that, can you imagine that his decisions with other people's money will be better?
Old 07-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...-report-2015-7

He's net worth is over 10 billion.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
To spend a quarter of your money on a campaign that will in all likelyhood fail, shows unsound decision making. Especially when there are other means of obtaining the funds. He's gambling his own money. If he's willing to do that, can you imagine that his decisions with other people's money will be better?
He's gambled his money all his life now he's worth over 10 billion. Not bad for someone making unsound decisions. He's got some good ideas on how get the U.S. back on track.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...-report-2015-7
Old 07-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Yup another great rock solid internet source from a self proclaimed ultra conservative who is a conspiracy theorist. Most people of average intelligence need to take what they read off these sites with a grain of salt.

Although it cannot be disputed that Trump's motivation is not personal wealth as it is for most corrupt politicians, his motivation is still self serving.

He hungers to elevate himself, he wants to be "the man" his narcissistic megaegomaniac syndrome can no longer be satisfied with reality TV shows. He needs a bigger dose, a bigger hit, maybe like being the president of the United States.

I agree with Livingston on a few things - but with a different spin - He (Trump) is dangerous.

Trump is dangerous - not like a train wreck - more like a nuclear bomb.

Stop! Stop! you'll make me pee my pants.

You thought that was a news feed???/ Did you vote NDP? C'mon you can tell us.

It's one man's opinion and obviously several folks on this board think he may be onto something.

As far as Trump being a nuclear threat, did you here about the deal Obama made with the sworn enemies of the U.S.?

And do you think Trump would suggest 'closing the blinds' to protect recruiters in their offices?

Looks like you got Trump figured out.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 07-22-2015, 08:32 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Nope just common sense
Well that and one of you being a multi Billionaire.

I think you could give the Donald some solid financial advice.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:39 PM
Banned

For some strange reason I am getting the distinct feeling that all the people that are dishing Trump here are about to vote for Justin Trudeau!

A few funnies

hillary_clinton_cartoon_rgb1[1].jpg

Common-H-NRD-600[1].jpg

Last edited by elkivory; 07-22-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Banned

You guys are making me support Trump more and more.

So the guy lies...sounding more like a political pro than I thought.

Remember ol Hillary how they were broke when they left the Whitehouse, or how about the time she was taking fire when she landed in A'stan. Depends what your definition of "is" is. "I am not a crook."

Maybe Trump wants to see America back to it's old glory days. Maybe he wants to do it because he thinks he can. Maybe he just likes the attention. I don't know, but as long as he's not as far left as BO he likely won't do any more harm to America than Hillary will...that's for sure.

I'm thinking more and more it would be good to get someone in there that isn't wedded to the political insiders like all the usual suspects.

However much of his own money he spends on this, I don't think it's because he sees it as an investment. Maybe he has the most altruistic of goals in mind. One thing is for sure though, he certainly is getting lots of free media exposure. The deal maker is already getting a good deal on publicity.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
One might want to compare the veracity of Trump to Clinton or Bush.

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...llary-clinton/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/jeb-bush/

Yeah, I'd say the Trump is a liar.
The voters think he's not.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...20d_story.html
Old 07-22-2015, 08:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkivory View Post
For some strange reason I am getting the distinct feeling that all the people here that are dishing Trump here are about to vote for Justin Trudeau!

A few funnies

Attachment 109714

Attachment 109715
Ya its a battle of hair styles.

Im luvn the people who are bashing Trumps supersonic success' and grand wealth along with a very confident personality that addresses the big issues.

Why would anyone want a man like this in charge ??

Oh how I could go on and on.....but I'll just let Trump do the talking as he climbs the ladder of success and popularity in the voter polls......which he is in the lead across the board as of today fyi.

Cool funnies btw

Last edited by Luxor; 07-22-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Banned

https://vine.co/v/erQH0K9JthD

I know this is about Trump, but I just love how down to Earth Hilary is. Good use of social media to show the folks that you're one of them.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:55 PM
Banned

None of those articles you guys posted show Trump has 10 billion dollars, that is only coming from his mouth. The articles say that from his fillings they can only confirm he has at least 1.5 billion
Old 07-22-2015, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
None of those articles you guys posted show Trump has 10 billion dollars, that is only coming from his mouth. The articles say that from his fillings they can only confirm he has at least 1.5 billion
And none of them mention his debts. His net worth may be much less then stated.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Stop! Stop! you'll make me pee my pants.

You thought that was a news feed???/ Did you vote NDP? C'mon you can tell us.

It's one man's opinion and obviously several folks on this board think he may be onto something.

As far as Trump being a nuclear threat, did you here about the deal Obama made with the sworn enemies of the U.S.?
Don't pee your pants red, I know you are getting on in age, and probably don't remember that it was you who posted that link.

So I don't expect you to remember (from a few other threads) that I am certainly no NDP supporter - But this thread is about Trump not the NDP so stay with the program.

I'm not about to defend Obama either - so you can't bait me there either.

Do you have anything constructive to add or are you just bantering on aimlessly, without direction, and aggressively like Trump?

I don't like him. He doesn't think anything through and has no strategy. He's rude, self centered and probably only running for President to gratify his own ego.

I do appreciate some of his opinions, and I do appreciate the fact that he can't be bought by the lobbyists .... but the guys poor qualities FAR outweigh those two positives for me.

It's too bad can't we have a straight shooter republican candidate - and we are stuck with this circus act stealing the show for self gratification.

I predict he will hurt himself and the republican party by the time this story plays out. He won't be the next president ..... no way there are than many people who could stomach him for the next year or more.

He is helping Hillary right now ....... omg ......
Old 07-22-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
And none of them mention his debts. His net worth may be much less then stated.
Agreed.

Although his equity position in publically traded organizations is easy to value - things like debt, private equity positions ect... are much harder to estimate.

I have heard figures from $ 4 Billion to $10 Billion.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Gone Hunting

"Don't pee your pants red, I know you are getting on in age, and probably don't remember that it was you who posted that link. "

I posted it? Really? I wanted to as I thought it was an interesting perspective.Are you sure I posted it?
Well ok then, you're welcome. Anything I can do to expand your horizons, Im here for you.

I'm not saying you voted NDP, it just seemed like the NDP mindset.and you know what they say about NDP ducks.

"He doesn't think anything through and has no strategy"

Guess that's why he's on welfare.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Agreed.

Although his equity position in publically traded organizations is easy to value - things like debt, private equity positions ect... are much harder to estimate.

I have heard figures from $ 4 Billion to $10 Billion.

How bout we just agree on the fact that he is RICH !!!!!

How about you guys submit your financials ????

Well....what do ya got ???
Old 07-23-2015, 05:24 AM
Banned

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...hird-party-run

Well look at this. The Donald is going to take his ball and run home. That is if he doesn't get his way with the Republican Party.

As I warned yesterday, Trump is in it for himself and that he would likely run as an independent, which of course would guarantee that Hillary Clinton would get in.

Of course I find it interesting that reading the article, that he says he knows Hillary well and likes her. Now I'm not one for conspiracy theories however this whack job goes into areas one never knows. Scary either way.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:55 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
He will be fantastic in the debates.
Yep and Don Cherry for King of Canada.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-23-2015, 06:03 AM
Banned

If I were him, I would have already broken my ties with the Republican Party and launched an independent party, for the simple reason that I would not want to be associated with the Career Political Class Candidates like Jeb who thinks illegal immigration is an act of love, or Rick Perry who can't even stop the flood of illegals at his own border and got trounced in his last try at being President, or that whining shemale Lindsey Graham who reminds me of an ugly turtle.

Rubio, Jindal, ya right!

I would also make Carly Fiorina my running mate to give the ladies something they have wanted for years and that is a women in the Whitehouse, nothing wrong with being second in charge, plus she is very smart in her own right.

I so can't wait to watch the first debate especially the one with Hillary Clinton, that will be classic and he will give her a spanking that she will never forget

hillary_clinton_email_cartoon[1].jpg

hillary-cartoon[1].jpg

Last edited by elkivory; 07-23-2015 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
If I were him, I would have already broken my ties with the Republican Party and launched an independent party, for the simple reason that I would not want to be associated with the Career Political Class Candidates like Jeb who thinks illegal immigration is an act of love, or Rick Perry who can't even stop the flood of illegals at his own border and got trounced in his last try at being President, or that whining shemale Lindsey Graham who reminds me of an ugly turtle.

Rubio, Jindal, ya right!

I would also make Carly Fiorina my running mate to give the ladies something they have wanted for years and that is a women in the Whitehouse, nothing wrong with being second in charge, plus she is very smart in her own right.

I so can't wait to watch the first debate especially the one with Hillary Clinton, that will be classic and he will give her a spanking that she will never forget

Attachment 109719

Attachment 109720
Carly Fiorina was fired as CEO why?

Because she was incompetent.

Yeah I got to agree Trump and Fiorina would make a great pair. One is a bankruptcy artist and the second a failed CEO. That's exactly who you want to run a country.

Seriously?
Old 07-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Carly Fiorina was fired as CEO why?

Because she was incompetent.

Yeah I got to agree Trump and Fiorina would make a great pair. One is a bankruptcy artist and the second a failed CEO. That's exactly who you want to run a country.

Seriously?
You are hilarious avb3! I wish I worked for a company that when the board forced me out I walked away for $40,000,000.00! Pretty smart as far as I am concerned.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
You are hilarious avb3! I wish I worked for a company that when the board forced me out I walked away for $40,000,000.00! Pretty smart as far as I am concerned.

Yes, it does seem does that incompetence gets rewarded. But should not be elected.
Closed Thread