Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-02-2011, 07:55 PM

Ive got my brand new Aquaview 700 and it hits the ice with me every time. might bring the fish finder too, set them up so they can see them on the finder then on the camera. Jigging instructions will mean a lot more if they can actually watch the jig and see how it works when they jig it. I learned a lot last winter watching on the camera. Pretty cool watching a burb try and eat the camera too or maybe Moby, Im kind of worried this camera looks maybe too realistic! good things it a 200 pound test cable. I hope one of the kids hooks a 30 pounder, that would be the highlight of their day for sure!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-02-2011, 08:17 PM

If one of the kids does hook into a 30lbser you could test out your gator noodling skills trying to get it up through the hole Wayne.

I better make sure to have the video camera ready to capture that event.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:17 PM

Okay i believe we can work some type of rotatation so every child gets some TV time.....i have 2 cams.

The one thing i ask is all volunteers leave their snowmobiles and quads a home, for safety reasons. Yes the kids would love a ride but safety equipment will be a huge issue.

What do you guys think of me starting a sponsor a kid thread in the Gen Section? I was considering asking 15 bucks a kid. All monies would be used at the event and books would be kept to show we did not profit. All if any left over monies will be presented to the involved clubs or to another deserving organization..eg childrens hospital
Thoughts?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:22 PM

I also have a cam and flasher I could bring with.

I think that is a great idea Chub. It may help to fund what ever gear we may need to buy that isn't donated.

I tried to track down the managers at both Wholesale and Princess Auto today but was unsuccessful. I will give it another go on Monday during the day.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:29 PM

Default sponsor a kid

Count myself and the lady in for one each. Nate, for myself, not a chance, but if some kid does happen to hook Moby I guess I have 10 fingers, some of them dont work quite right anyways. Maybe I will invest in some kevlar gloves, the way I fillet that might be a good idea anyways.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Okay i believe we can work some type of rotatation so every child gets some TV time.....i have 2 cams.

The one thing i ask is all volunteers leave their snowmobiles and quads a home, for safety reasons. Yes the kids would love a ride but safety equipment will be a huge issue.

What do you guys think of me starting a sponsor a kid thread in the Gen Section? I was considering asking 15 bucks a kid. All monies would be used at the event and books would be kept to show we did not profit. All if any left over monies will be presented to the involved clubs or to another deserving organization..eg childrens hospital
Thoughts?
i think thats a great idea,,,,,
Old 12-02-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
I got two marcum cams that i can bring...

And I have a Aqua vu explore 7 with a marcum panner if some one pays $150.00 or as close to it as posable i will deliver it or ship it my cost. The money is to be sent to Chub for the B&G club ice day to be use where he sees fit.

WOW.....thanks HT
Old 12-02-2011, 09:43 PM

Chubb I fully support going into general forum for support. We are an entire community, not just the fishing side. I think we may find some more volunteers to come out as well
Old 12-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:

Thoughts?
Ya think that would be a great idea.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:28 PM

I will bring a raft of cameras and sonars and probably a decent amount of giveaways for the kids both big and small. You night have just created a monster here Chub. My wife is good friends with the director of the Airdrie Boys and Girls Club. I'm sure they will be all over something like this.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:53 AM

Wow,I guess I have been neglecting the fishing forum for too long! LOL!

If I am available that weekend,I will be out for sure Chubb to help in any way I can. If I am not available for whatever reason,my gear will be made available.

What a great thread.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Thoughts?
make it a sticky so it stays at the top, just a suggestion.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-03-2011, 03:06 PM

Smile what a great thread pls sticky this.....

hi chubb

my wife had this money order made up today can you pls pm me an address that i can send this too. and if you do the collections off 15 per kid im in for 2 my daughter and son want to be involved too. txssure is awesome to see everyone get involved.silver86 if you need any more help with burgers.weiners.buns.drinks pls ask as my family will help out.

ps.hey wayne is going to teach kids to catch burbot.i want him to teach me i have never caught 1 off those species lol Happy Holidays everyone........ A O Community is going to make this special for a lot off kids and big kids too.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
I will bring a raft of cameras and sonars and probably a decent amount of giveaways for the kids both big and small. You night have just created a monster here Chub. My wife is good friends with the director of the Airdrie Boys and Girls Club. I'm sure they will be all over something like this.
Ive never claimed to be smart..lol
I truely believe we can tame the monster wilh generousity like your offering.
I thank you very much.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnavi View Post
hi chubb

my wife had this money order made up today can you pls pm me an address that i can send this too. and if you do the collections off 15 per kid im in for 2 my daughter and son want to be involved too. txssure is awesome to see everyone get involved.silver86 if you need any more help with burgers.weiners.buns.drinks pls ask as my family will help out.

ps.hey wayne is going to teach kids to catch burbot.i want him to teach me i have never caught 1 off those species lol Happy Holidays everyone........ A O Community is going to make this special for a lot off kids and big kids too.
Thank You so very much, your generousity is awesome.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
make it a sticky so it stays at the top, just a suggestion.
WC....i will wait till the final numbers are in to start the thread. There is alot of contact requests out at the present time and i would like to give them a chance to respond with donations.

The B@G clubs have a huge amount of work to contact all the children and care givers before they can confirn numbers.

Thank You all for your support, I truely appreciate all the up front help and offers. To all of you working behind the scenes, i wont forget all the help...thank you.

To all the sponsors who have offered help and all the ones to come on board later.....i wish thank you's fully expressed my apprecitation.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
Wow,I guess I have been neglecting the fishing forum for too long! LOL!

If I am available that weekend,I will be out for sure Chubb to help in any way I can. If I am not available for whatever reason,my gear will be made available.

What a great thread.

Thanks Buddy
You should get a real phone, or answer....lol
call you nex week, no dibs yet..i lived..ahhahhahahha
Old 12-03-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnavi View Post
hi chubb

silver86 if you need any more help with burgers.weiners.buns.drinks pls ask as my family will help out.
Thanks a bunch. I'm recruiting a couple non-fishermen/women for cooks. We will chat about the meat/buns as I may be on a tight budget, but hopefully I can foot the bill

Quote:
If I can catch a burb with beeguy around... lmao... anyone can catch a burb
Old 12-04-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Thanks Buddy
You should get a real phone, or answer....lol
call you nex week, no dibs yet..i lived..ahhahhahahha
Here I was kinda counting on getting a bunch of free Darters for the season. Anyone got dibs on the M1000? LOL!!!

My phone is almost brand new,it's only 50 years old. I'm on a party line,3 long and 2 short. Maybe I'll get one of those new rotary phones and hang it on the MacTac in the Kitchen.

Talk to ya next week.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Here I was kinda counting on getting a bunch of free Darters for the season. Anyone got dibs on the M1000? LOL!!!

My phone is almost brand new,it's only 50 years old. I'm on a party line,3 long and 2 short. Maybe I'll get one of those new rotary phones and hang it on the MacTac in the Kitchen.

Talk to ya next week.
nice to see you back, thought maybe you struck oil with your auger this time and retired

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
I got two marcum cams that i can bring...

And I have a Aqua vu explore 7 with a marcum panner if some one pays $150.00 or as close to it as posable i will deliver it or ship it my cost. The money is to be sent to Chub for the B&G club ice day to be use where he sees fit.

Aqua vu is gone Thanks Andy
Old 12-04-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
another top notch guy to help out. right on NOH, look forward to seeing you there.

Dace
Old 12-04-2011, 09:44 PM

Thanks everyone, i will base our numbers of children with the numbers who have volunteered .
Thanks everyone, ive nearly got the numerical and organizing nightmare under control.

posted on this thread as attending
Mudlide
Npauls
GL2
Wayne Christie
Horsetrader and Chester
Sliver86
Ogre
Fishfarmer
Daceminnow
Chubbdarter+ warden
+ possible wives with some of the above.

Also thanks to all who have posted ideas and are donating in other ways.

Last edited by chubbdarter; 12-04-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:39 PM

Can I come or help in any way
Old 12-04-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikecrazed View Post
Can I come or help in any way
You certainly may...the more fish guides i get the more happy children there will be

thank you

Thanks everyone, i will base our numbers of children with the numbers who have volunteered .
Thanks everyone, ive nearly got the numerical and organizing nightmare under control.

posted on this thread as attending
Mudlide
Npauls
GL2
Wayne Christie
Horsetrader and Chester
Sliver86
Ogre
Fishfarmer
Daceminnow
Pikecrazed
Chubbdarter+ warden
+ possible wives with some of the above.

Also thanks to all who have posted ideas and are donating in other ways.

Last edited by chubbdarter; 12-04-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Aqua vu is gone Thanks Andy

Awesome generousity....thanks HorseTrader. I'll text a angel to save a spot in heavan for you,lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Awesome generousity....thanks HorseTrader. I'll text a angel to save a spot in heavan for you,lol.
Thanks Chubb but just save me a chair at Hooters instead lol
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
nice to see you back, thought maybe you struck oil with your auger this time and retired
I'm certain that I will have the same success this year (at some point) as long as I put in the same care and attention to detail as last year!

We will have to meet up at some point again this year so that I can teach you how to shake off those hammer handles and finally catch some big pike for a change. LOL!!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
another top notch guy to help out. right on NOH, look forward to seeing you there.

Dace
I'm sure that I will see you on the ice before this event. I'm hoping to get out a bit more this year if I can.

Thanks for the compliment Dace. I know that you do more than your fair share when it comes to helping out as well.

This is going to be a great event. I am really looking forward to it.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:17 PM

thought i would give this a bump. we could still use volunteers for this good cause. thanks to everyone thats helped so far.