Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you believe in evolution or creation?
Creation 119 29.38%
Evolution 286 70.62%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Really! And what species are those?

Black Grizzly and Polar right?

Only that's not correct according to science.
Please cite where any credible biologist has claimed otherwise.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
This may appear to be a derail but I participated because it demonstrates very well what I consider to be a big part of the problem in the debate between creation and evolution.

Science has been unable to come to a consensus on which brown bear is a subspecies and which is not.
They do indeed use Brown Bear and Grizzly interchangeably because they can't make up their minds which is the subspecies..

My point is that if science can not agree on which brown bear is a subspecies and which is not.
Then how are we to believe science knows what the origin of life was.
You can't just make up a a bunch of garbage and then draw a conclusion from it. Its embarrassing for you and bogs down the discussion.

Brown bears and grizzlies are the same Genus and species. They differ on the sub species. There is not one or the other that is the 'species' and one is the 'sub species'. Come on, this has been around for a few hundred years and is taught in Jr High. Please do some reading before posting .

I do agree with this part of you post:

what I consider to be a big part of the problem in the debate between creation and evolution.

Making up garbage and then drawing your own conclusions certainly does seem to hinder the debate. After watching the video last night that was posted here, I'd say that, at the very least, you have company.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
Can't go ,all know it's no longer a secret.
About 2.59 after sunrise.
All will be revealed.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:39 AM

On the bear thing - there are three recognized species in North America. I was under the impression that this is quite clear so I'm not sure why this is even a point of discussion or debate really ...

Brown - which includes the Kodiak (or commonly referred to Alaska brown) and Grizzly (and a long list of other local subspecies)

Black - (and a long list of local subspecies including the Kermode as previously mentioned)

Polar - which is a recent derivative half million years ago if I recall correctly (or split through adaptation and subsequent evolution) from the host branch of the brown family. The mtDNA is over 98% distinct in all localized group with the exception of one geographical area (and island or peninsula or something I don't remember) where there has likely been cross breeding with browns.

This scientifically clear. Each species can be easily, readily and accurately analysed with clear and concise distinction.

Further to that point, and the connection to this thread, as it relates to the "credibility" of evolution ........

This is a perfect example of how a new species may be formed through evolution.

Last edited by EZM; 06-14-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
Exactly. I have hesitated to comment on this thread so far...but the lack of basic knowledge on this forum (not only about bears -- in many other fields as well) is extremely disturbing. Learn the basics before you start arguing about things, guysl
After countless pages, that's my conclusion too.

I don't think there's much, or for that matter anything, that's going to change people's minds on an outdoors forum, but I think an actual understanding of the scientific method and theory of evolution would go a LONG way towards clearing up people's doubts and ending most of the debates in this thread.

This thread should be very alarming for our educators, we're doing a terrible job of teaching basic science.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
After countless pages, that's my conclusion too.

I don't think there's much, or for that matter anything, that's going to change people's minds on an outdoors forum, but I think an actual understanding of the scientific method and theory of evolution would go a LONG way towards clearing up people's doubts and ending most of the debates in this thread.

This thread should be very alarming for our educators, we're doing a terrible job of teaching basic science.
I agree with most of your post, however, I hesitate to agree fully with your last statement. Some students are just not capable of logical thought?
Old 06-14-2017, 09:54 AM
Banned

Are you capable of commenting without the insults?
Old 06-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Suspended User

So if man was created in God's image, Kurt, does your God look like a Neanderthal? If the Bible says so, then you believe it right?

As for how life starts, I'm thinking you took sex education? Or was it another subject you didn't believe in?
Where did the hair go? I know several people who blend in with a wool blanket.
Neanderthals, I grew up with a few missing links. Sloped foreheads, incredible strength, and low intelligence. I believe they went onto becoming mechanics. Lol sorry just had to.

If you want to see evolution is happening, you will see it. Otherwise, you won't. Notice how many really tall people we have? Humans have evolved from a 4 foot tall life form to over 6 feet.

I also noticed that you never answered the question of the virgin birth. The basis for the whole of Christianity, is the big dream. If this story was told to you now, would you believe it?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:04 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
They are both sub species. The species is Ursus arctos. That represents all brown bears both in Europe and North America. Names added after the second one are the sub species .
Indeed!

And being a scientist I'm sure you would agree that it is still debated whether or not there is 84 sub species or if there are more or less sub species.

And I'm sure you also know that there are other species where there is still debate among the scientific community about sub species. Between the Common Red Poll and the Hoary Red Poll for example.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-14-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
Are you capable of commenting without the insults?
We have a really good understanding of what you might contribute to this discussion with this post:

Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
Evolution used to teach that we evolved from apes, but I guess when that doesn't work, come up with another "theory" and so on and so on.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:08 AM
Banned

I'll ask again, are you capable of posting without insulting people?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:10 AM

This has degenerated enough that people are starting to get personal .
Cat