Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-28-2021, 09:29 AM
Banned

This thread is getting uglier with each post lol
Old 11-28-2021, 10:00 AM

As males…the world is our outhouse. Enjoy it!
Old 11-28-2021, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
A jug and a funnel.
As told by Dewey Cox
Old 11-29-2021, 11:33 AM

Some people worry too much about scent. Scent free this and scent free that. I've only been hunting for a decade but I smoke while hunting, rarely ever wash my hunting gear unless its covered in blood and when i do wash it its with regular smelly soap. I have never had a problem with filling my tags every year.

The way I look at it is an animal is going to smell you regardless of the care you take in DE scenting. Go and enjoy yourselves out there. I'm not holding in any pee or peeing in a bottle over fear it will scare the animals away. How many of you have had tracks in your quad tracks 5 minutes after making said quad tracks? Think they don't smell the exhaust?
Old 11-29-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie135 View Post
Some people worry too much about scent. Scent free this and scent free that. I've only been hunting for a decade but I smoke while hunting, rarely ever wash my hunting gear unless its covered in blood and when i do wash it its with regular smelly soap. I have never had a problem with filling my tags every year.

The way I look at it is an animal is going to smell you regardless of the care you take in DE scenting. Go and enjoy yourselves out there. I'm not holding in any pee or peeing in a bottle over fear it will scare the animals away. How many of you have had tracks in your quad tracks 5 minutes after making said quad tracks? Think they don't smell the exhaust?
+1

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie135 View Post
Some people worry too much about scent. Scent free this and scent free that. I'm not holding in any pee or peeing in a bottle over fear it will scare the animals away. How many of you have had tracks in your quad tracks 5 minutes after making said quad tracks? Think they don't smell the exhaust?
x 2 Next you'll be wanting me to sit to pee, or have my legs clamped together while sitting - like Trudeau.

Make a splash, spell your name in the snow, dribble all over everything, - there's no shame in being male !
Old 11-29-2021, 02:42 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I find a scrape or make a scrape just to mess with’em!

To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-29-2021, 02:44 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
I find a scrape or make a scrape just to mess with’em!

To each their own.

This fella liked my urine stain!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-29-2021, 03:22 PM

I use them in my blinds, saves me getting in and out once or twice during the day. Like others have said I’m not worried about the scent I just want to minimize my movements.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:09 AM

I can't believe you don't drink anything else all day. With the amount of walking I do I'd be bent over cramping up in pain.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

This fella liked my urine stain!

But I believe you never shared that before...hehe...
Old 11-30-2021, 09:58 PM

I had to promise my wife on my kid’s lives I wouldn't use a pee jug ever again.

Two summers ago I was putting a lot of time in on a project in our garage. I didn’t want to strip the coveralls off every hour to go in the house so I just used a old windshield wiper fluid jug and relieved myself in the garage. Worked like a hot-damned and I was pretty proud of the fact I was getting close to filling that sucker up. I’ve got zero sense of smell so I never even thought of that but I did think far enough ahead to know I should hide the jug from my wife.

Well, for some reason my wife, bless her heart, decided that for the very first time ever while I was at work one day that she was going to fill the windshield washer tank up in her new Honda Passport. She would have had to look hard but she managed to find an almost full windshield washer jug. Yup, that one. I guess she popped the hood then took the cap off the jug and this god awful smell came out. She had no idea what windshield washer fluid was supposed to smell like but she was smart enough to know it wasn’t supposed to smell like skanky urine…

Well, I haven’t heard my wife swear more than a couple times in the 20 years we had been together at that point and I never suspected anything was up when I got a text from her to call her, but she picked up on the first ring and boy did she ever let loose that day. Man…she was some kind of mad….

So, now I take my coveralls off and go relieve myself in the bathroom in the house. I actually have a hard time looking at a windshield washer jug now without feeling a pang of guilt. I guess it could have been worse though. I’ve often thought if she had filled that tank up the smell would have been 10x worse when sprayed all over a hot windshield in the middle of summer…
Old 11-30-2021, 11:33 PM

^ LMAO at that one! Haha!

Of course I've been doing this crazy pee jug thing for years.
One time, when I was hunting and I was near the gas plant, where I worked at the time, I decided to drop in to say hi to the boys.

I came in, dropped my pack in the corner, one of the lads decided to poke through my pack and he pulled out the pee jug... "what's this, eh?"
God it was priceless, when I said, "oh that's my pee jug!"

He was like, "WTF!?" and damn near threw the **** jug!
"Placed correctly Swift A-Frames will reliably kill big bears. So will North Forks, Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, Kodiaks, Woodleighs, GS soft points, Hornady Interbonds and Speer Grand Slams - and if I missed your favorite bullet -it probably will too.
It's time to go hunting and quit all this ballistic masturbation."

Phil Shoemaker

Last edited by Demonical; 11-30-2021 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:51 PM

Switch gears just a bit here, since so many guys have pee'd in scrapes and had good reaction from the bucks.

The other day a strategy of mine was to make a mock scrape, but using Tink's 69. which I did.
I also had 2 small rags just soaked with the Tink's.

There were whitetails in there every day, walking right by the mock scrape and those rags, and not not 1 deer even looked at them near as I could see from the sign.

Similar but different reaction: about 25 years ago I did that same thing but it was during late Sept. Hung a rag soaked with cow moose estrus (synthetic stuff I remember).
After it had been hung on this small birch, after a few mintues I heard a 'thunk' down in the bush. My brother was just down the ridge from me, so thought he had made that noise.

Went over to check with him... "nope, not me..."

And we buggered off without going down into where I'd heard that thunk.

We went back to that same ridge the following day. A bull moose of course had made that thunk. It had been bedded down about 75 yards away. The mark was clear as could be where it had cracked a spuce (as I recall).
That bull had then walked directly to that small birch tree and absolutely leveled it. I had been like an 8' tall tree, and after the bull was done with it, it was about 12" tall...
"Placed correctly Swift A-Frames will reliably kill big bears. So will North Forks, Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, Kodiaks, Woodleighs, GS soft points, Hornady Interbonds and Speer Grand Slams - and if I missed your favorite bullet -it probably will too.
It's time to go hunting and quit all this ballistic masturbation."

Phil Shoemaker
Old 12-01-2021, 10:39 AM

Estrogen is estrogen. The girls have it.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:43 AM

I **** on every scrape I see. And bucks frequent them within hours. I walk all over trails and have bucks of all sizes show up on cams the same day. Sometimes an hour after I checked a cam.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:32 AM

No stranger to the bottle when flying, but I never have used one at the blind. If I thought the scent of urine would bother a deer, the wind is wrong and I’d be in another location.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:55 AM

The only time I recall using a pee bottle was during a five-hour traffic jam on the 401 and I was stuck in the express lanes...

I'm a pee-in-the-scrape kinda fella when out hunting.

As for scent, two weeks ago I did notice a deer react to where I had dropped my pack in the snow near the trail the night before. That was interesting. I didn't think that my pack would have a distinctive smell, but I suppose it had enough of one that it made the deer leave the trail and circle around.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:44 AM

I’m surprised HECS or Ozonics hasn’t made a special overpriced pee smell neutralizing jug yet. some guys will buy into anything they see on tv.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:55 AM

My partner Jim wanted to use a 2 liter coke bottle in my outfitter tent. I told him if he used it him and the jug would be out in the snow at the same time.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:18 PM

As a "huntress" I can vouch for the fact there is a device for females to use that makes taking a whizz easy and comfortable when having to use a bottle when stuck in a blind for hours.

Personally I don't like outside exposure of pertinent portions to mosquitoes and cold
Old 12-05-2021, 12:24 PM

If it's cold, the mosquitoes don't have much to land on anyway.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:46 PM
Banned

I recall hunting, a few years back, when having to pee, to was doing just that, when a doe deer spotted me...Now to this day, I do not know, if it was my scent or what exactly but she sure left Dodge City, in one hell of a hurry...
Old 12-05-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
If it's cold, the mosquitoes don't have much to land on anyway.

Speak for yourself mister.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:28 PM
Banned

Don't mean to derail anything but still talking ..pee.. Back in the day when beaver were worth trapping, I was setting for beaver, thru the ice. During the set, I has to pee and did so in the snow, beside the sled.. When I was back in a couple - 3 days, the wolves has been there too and pee'd where I had previously....FWIW...
Old 12-05-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrowing Owl View Post
Personally I don't like outside exposure of pertinent portions to mosquitoes and cold
At least you don’t have to worry about the squirrels. Them suckers are always on the lookout for nuts…
Old 12-05-2021, 07:01 PM

This is my **** jug.
Had it for many years.
Well that didn't work.
This site sucks ass for posing pictures!!
Old 12-05-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnbears View Post
This is my **** jug.
Had it for many years.
Well that didn't work.
This site sucks ass for posing pictures!!
I have never been happier about how hard it is to post pictures on here.