Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-05-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
A bullet only has to fail to perform properly one time and I quit using them. I go looking for something better. Barnes Copper if you have the velocity, Nosler Partition, and Hornady Interlocks or bonded have been my go to bullets for years.
Same philosophy for me. I had an issue with ballistic tip 140 gr from my 7mm08 splashing on shoulder blade of a buck. It did break it, slowed him down, but should have been a kill shot. My follow up shot in ribs worked fine.

I like TSX or TTSX in my 7mm RM and 300 WM, Partitions or Accubonds with the 7mm08. I'm actually happy with any of those bullets in those cartridges.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
A bullet only has to fail to perform properly one time and I quit using them. I go looking for something better. Barnes Copper if you have the velocity, Nosler Partition, and Hornady Interlocks or bonded have been my go to bullets for years.
i hear you dean (and twisted)
Old 12-05-2021, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Same philosophy for me. I had an issue with ballistic tip 140 gr from my 7mm08 splashing on shoulder blade of a buck. It did break it, slowed him down, but should have been a kill shot. My follow up shot in ribs worked fine.

I like TSX or TTSX in my 7mm RM and 300 WM, Partitions or Accubonds with the 7mm08. I'm actually happy with any of those bullets in those cartridges.

What type of powder and grain of ttsx are you using in your 7mag?
Old 12-05-2021, 07:56 PM

Seen too many ballistic tips fail across too many calibers for me to ever use them again or recommend them to others.

LC