Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-13-2021, 06:09 PM

Default Bear compound bow draw length adjustment

I’m convincing my friend to get into archery and he finally bought a bow. It’s not high tech but it’s adjustable. 15 lb to 70 lb draw weight. 16” to 30” draw length. It’s a bear outbreak. I’m going to show him the ropes this weekend but I need to know if he needs to take it to a shop for a bowpress or i can adjust the draw length like my bow tech with Allen keys. Thanks for any insight
Old 09-14-2021, 06:54 AM

Default No Press Needed

Just adjust the mods to correct draw length. If you need peep alignment or timing adjustment then a press is needed. If you are going to hunt with it I recommend getting it looked at to ensure is is all tuned so Broadhead flight is good.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
Just adjust the mods to correct draw length. If you need peep alignment or timing adjustment then a press is needed. If you are going to hunt with it I recommend getting it looked at to ensure is is all tuned so Broadhead flight is good.
Ok good advice. The main drawback from archery for home was making it cheap. He bought a used bow and now wants to learn to do as much as he can without spending money. Definitely worth while taking it to a shop before he shoots at a animal.