Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint View Post
Yes Chuck, blood is thicker than whisky. You go hunt with your drinking buddies or alone, and I will hunt with my son. Go ahead and use your Barnes bullets,and you proved right that holes kill, "lots of holes" when using Barnes bullets. Here is another hole, you, an @zzhole.
Pretty grown up response there Garry, I see where your son gets his manners from.
I guess If the Villemaires don't use it it must be "junk". Nevermind the thousands of testemonials in regards to excellent on game performance with Barnes bullets from across the world. Not to mention the many testemonials about Ballistic tip failures as well.....I got nothing against Nosler, i shoot lots of them.

Back to the original thread....Weatherby doesn't offer any real world advantages anymore with the amount of catridges available to us. They are however proven killers just like the rest of them...personal choice is all it is. So if you wanna hunt with an ugly, overpriced rifle thats your choice.....

P.S I think the Habs suck too!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Funny coming from a guy who along with his offspring "slam" a certain bullet every chance they get. Even though "hundreds of thousands" of actual users disagree with their hair brained assessment.

Pot, kettle, black?
Chuck You still Flapping again about us.Guess your takeing it personal about The Barnes bullets hey.I'm still waiting to see those pics of yours TopGun.Your Just a talker Charles,thats it&thats all you ever will be.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:14 AM

That was a really pointless post. But hey, whatever works for ya man.

I'll provide you with a full report on where I was at the exact minute I posted this post as well as any others in the future. Currently I am at home in my basement. Later today I have a workout scheduled (with your permission) and then I think I'll take my daughter out for a walk around Home Depot. Your tax dollars have nothing to do with my life thanks.

You made the original post about your father and got caught in a bit of a lie. I assumed you had a thick enough skin to take some light ribbing for it, I guess I was wrong?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post

I'll provide you with a full report on where I was at the exact minute I posted this post as well as any others in the future. Currently I am at home in my basement. Later today I have a workout scheduled (with your permission) and then I think I'll take my daughter out for a walk around Home Depot. Your tax dollars have nothing to do with my life thanks.

You made the original post about your father and got caught in a bit of a lie. I assumed you had a thick enough skin to take some light ribbing for it, I guess I was wrong?
This Flint guy!! No idea who he is!!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
This Flint guy!! No idea who he is!!!!!
There....NOW thats more of the response I was looking for.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
should'nt you be protecting Canada's border Right now.hope your not at work surfing the net wasteing my tax dollars when you should be watching out for bin laddin???

Sorry guys this is funny. Vanguards are cheep for a reason. My buddies stock and trigger were junk.I will tell you I would never own one.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailhntr View Post
Pretty grown up response there Garry, I see where your son gets his manners from.
I guess If the Villemaires don't use it it must be "junk". Nevermind the thousands of testemonials in regards to excellent on game performance with Barnes bullets from across the world. Not to mention the many testemonials about Ballistic tip failures as well.....I got nothing against Nosler, i shoot lots of them.

Back to the original thread....Weatherby doesn't offer any real world advantages anymore with the amount of catridges available to us. They are however proven killers just like the rest of them...personal choice is all it is. So if you wanna hunt with an ugly, overpriced rifle thats your choice.....

P.S I think the Habs suck too!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 AM
sheephunter

Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The cooter View Post
As we all know Weatherby cartridges for the most part will give you 200 +/- feet per second more depending on caliber. My question is this a big advantage? And second what other advantages would a Weatherby have?
Not only for the velocity's in the weatherby cartridges,I like they way they weatherby rifles shoulder.(Monte carlo stock).Plus I collect Rifles that have beautiful figured wood,which alot of Mark V weatherby's have.

but like buddy said earlier a gun worth $1500 less that a wby MarkV will kill just as good,so each to there own.& personally I dont mind the wBy Vangaurd rifles.I think they only come with 24" barrels and only chamber a few of the weatherby cartridges.

For example I bought a 240 wby this winter in a MarkV,because weatherby does'nt chamber Vangaurds in a 240WBY. I could have saved $1000. if they did?

I'm not just going to post garbage on this thread,so this was my opinion on the subject,besides the Fact that Chucks big mouth was spouting off again
Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 AM

If you beat a dead horse with a Weatherby rifle, does it give you an advantage over just a plain old peice of wood?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:

If you want to get involved and throw rocks we will throw rocks as well. How about providing another reports with all other posts with date, time and place. Only concerned about the safety of my country!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
If you beat a dead horse with a Weatherby rifle, does it give you an advantage over just a plain old peice of wood?
You would look good doing it!!! and if you used a savage Rifle,the stock would break
Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint View Post
If you want to get involved and throw rocks we will throw rocks as well. How about providing another reports with all other posts with date, time and place. Only concerned about the safety of my country!!!!
I beleive my post was directed at Whitetail Junkie. From my understanding he is an adult and can handle himself without help. I didnt realize with one always came the other....

I'll provide you a full report....all 4475 posts for your review. My account is a bit easier to track as I've never been banned or switched user names....

Your interest in my personal life and location is meaningless, unless you'd like me to start taking more interest in posting about my knowledge of your personal life? I am mature enough to keep the topic related to posts on this board, I was wrong to assume the same I guess.

BTW.....the report can start here.....still sitting in my basement. Looking out the window, it looks like the country is safe.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
You would look good doing it!!! and if you used a savage Rifle,the stock would break
Thats true....and I wouldnt feel bad about using either....
Closed Thread