Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-04-2010, 10:23 PM

Question left handed .22

I was just wondering what everyone out there would recommend in a left handed .22 repeater. Its for my 10 year old daughter. I was considering a single shot (for ease of teaching and safety)but she has been using her big brothers old savage bolt action and does very well with it, other than the obvious problem of working the bolt. I know that Browning makes a left handed T-bolt but that would be a little extreme,not out of the question, but extreme.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:48 AM

CZ 452 American.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:21 AM

If you want a repeater then the Browning auto 22 ejects out the bottom if that helps ya.

tm
Old 05-05-2010, 01:47 PM

If you want a bolt look at a cz 452 and look no further. They come with 5 round magazines and larger 10 rounds can be bought after.

These are a full size rimfire. Cutting down the stock may be required.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:23 PM

Any kind of lever action or pump would work too. I have a henry and it's a lot a fun and nice open sights. My daughters are just busting out and they have to reach for the scope a bit.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:43 PM

If she already likes shooting, and it sounds like she does, and you want to buy her the one 22 that will last a life time, is excellent in left hand and will out shoot most anything else, get her an Anschutz. They are about $900, come with open sights that can be left on when you mount a scope, so you can teach her to shoot both ways. Learning with open sights is a very good way to start. They are clip fed and you can buy a single shot adapter if you want to limit her rounds for the first while.

If that is a little pricier than your budget, a left had CZ Lux in 453 (set trigger) or 452 (single stage trigger) are both excellent and about half the price of the Anschutz. The Lux has open sights calibrated to 300 meters and you can mount a scope with them in place. Clip fed, don't know of a single shot adapter, but you can just remove the clip and feed singles.

Of all of the left hand 22s I have the Annies are my favourites, followed closey by the CZs. Savage makes a good shhoting lefty, at about $300, but the ones I have are no where near as well finished as the Annies and CZs, so depends if that matters to you.

The Browning T-Bolt is almost as much as the Annies, and for the price the Annie would easily be my choice, thought the lefty Browning T-bolt I had shot well, was light, and very pretty.

Only other lefties are really expensive being coopers, montana, kimber, New Ultra light etc but these are all in the $1500 plus bracket.

Best of luck and let us know what you land on.