Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-26-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Catster. What aspects of the Vanguard do you like better than a Tikka?
Little things mostly, not a fan of detachable mags. Prefer a hinged floor plate in a bolt gun, the bolt tear down I find easier , and I had to replace a few tail pieces on T3's that broke in the past .
I also like the balance better in the Vangaurd .
Accuracy wise both are on parcwith each other I found
Cat
Old 03-26-2022, 07:48 PM

I bought a tikka t3 in .300 win mag the recoil is a bit silly. but I took it to Alberta tactical and had it threaded and bought a brake for it.
I haven't had chance to get it back out yet, im just looking at getting a boyds thumbhole stock for it now I may as well get one and just zero it once. I had a boyd stock on all the howa's I had in the past and they was very nice stocks.

The trigger is really nice but the stock is a piece of crap. I like the detachable mag. I've had floor plates in the howa and its a bit crap unloading. I like the idea of having 2 mags loaded up. I've found a website that has more selection than anywhere else on .300 win mag ammo I even found privi Partisan I used to shoot in the UK hopefully it will like it as its cheaper.

everyone likes different things and you will never know until you try. just give whichever you like the best a go. its only money you can always earn more. ahahahahah
Old 03-26-2022, 10:27 PM

I have been shooting a Vanguard in 30-06 for a number of years now so here's my two cents on it, buy it.