Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2019, 11:55 PM

Which goal was sweeter? Tonight's Tkachuck between legs goal, OR Backlunds goal few weeks ago where he popped it up mid ice then broke in and cut across but let puck slide in behind the goalie in the Washington game??
Tough call but I give it to Backlund.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
How sick was Chuckie's goal?? In his contract year
Contract year yes, but I don't think they figure in style when negotiating. What I'm sure will come up, is that it was his first goal in, what, 20 games?
Old 02-27-2019, 08:55 AM

Seems like it's going to be Rittich vs Blackwood tonight.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:18 PM

Oscar is wearing number 3 and I swear someone on 960 wondered why #3 wasn't retired and I think they were serious

Phaenuf....#3 retired by the Flames....LOL
Old 02-27-2019, 05:33 PM
Banned

Sitting behind the Devils net is a large group of Flames fans.. Anyone have any ideas what that is about?
Old 02-27-2019, 06:27 PM

Flames up 2-0 on another Gio goal, just like he got the other day. Nice move.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-27-2019, 06:31 PM

Damn. I hate that shorty goal. 2-1

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-27-2019, 06:35 PM

Shots 30-9?! Wow.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:01 PM

Hate to see this. I thought he lead with his shoulder, and am really hoping this is just precautionary.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Hate to see this. I thought he lead with his shoulder, and am really hoping this is just precautionary.
Everything seems to be moving... So silent in that arena.
Loved the thumbs up!
Heal up soon you dirty devil!
Old 02-27-2019, 07:34 PM

Now would be a good time to win a face off....

Old 02-27-2019, 07:37 PM

Hey! It's a win! Seven points up on Sharks now and the streak is looking good!

Old 02-27-2019, 07:39 PM

7!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:24 PM

First time listening to the SN960 post game show....bahaha! Do they not screen their callers!?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramaximos View Post
First time listening to the SN960 post game show....bahaha! Do they not screen their callers!?

You've never listen to that before?!? Some of that stuff you couldn't make up. I think it's generally the same loose group calling in every game. They are no better on 1260 (maybe it was 630), had a gal call in the other day saying the Oiler's issues were all mental, and she knew what she was talking about because she was a psychologist.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:37 PM

First time...but definitely not my last!

Snip edit. I should be more respectful.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:29 PM
Banned

Curtis Lazar. It must feel to him like he is purgatory.

Not sure what he liked better.. Playing in the AHL or eating popcorn in the NHL. Planes are nicer at this level I suppose.

Not sure who he could replace.. Thoughts?
Old 02-28-2019, 05:15 PM

Who do you swap out to put Lazar in? Everyone seems to be pulling their weight pretty good....Czarnik with a mitt full of goals lately, Mangiapanne with some points, good hands and speed, tenacious...Hathaway and Jank's have some size and grit they need...Ryan been playing really good lately...Bennett having one of his best years, always a factor when engaged...Backlund getting it done...kinda only leaves Frolik, and there's a guy who has what, two Cup rings with Hawks? Never discount his skill and experience, even if production is down he isn't a liability...I don't see a spot for Lazar at the moment. Bigger question is who comes out when Neal is healthy.... I'm guessing Frolik...

Old 02-28-2019, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Who do you swap out to put Lazar in? Everyone seems to be pulling their weight pretty good....Czarnik with a mitt full of goals lately, Mangiapanne with some points, good hands and speed, tenacious...Hathaway and Jank's have some size and grit they need...Ryan been playing really good lately...Bennett having one of his best years, always a factor when engaged...Backlund getting it done...kinda only leaves Frolik, and there's a guy who has what, two Cup rings with Hawks? Never discount his skill and experience, even if production is down he isn't a liability...I don't see a spot for Lazar at the moment. Bigger question is who comes out when Neal is healthy.... I'm guessing Frolik...
You cant let him sit forever. He deserves a shot, he has been a good soldier. Yank someone with a hangnail or something.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
You cant let him sit forever. He deserves a shot, he has been a good soldier. Yank someone with a hangnail or something.
Won't argue that. But who? Maybe give Jankowsky a rest?

Old 03-01-2019, 07:18 AM

I like it when our problems are, what good player do we sit to give a shot to another good player. LOL, Bring on the Wild.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:04 AM

Anybody going to the game tomorrow? When they retire Iggy's jersey and hoist it in the rafters I think my eyes may leak a bit...I have loved Flames all the way back to Day 1 with Lanny, and liked a lot of players (Joey N, AL Macinnis, Craig C, Pepper and Otto...) but Iggy is my favorite I think. May have to get out the #12 Jersey for that game....

Old 03-01-2019, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Anybody going to the game tomorrow? When they retire Iggy's jersey and hoist it in the rafters I think my eyes may leak a bit...I have loved Flames all the way back to Day 1 with Lanny, and liked a lot of players (Joey N, AL Macinnis, Craig C, Pepper and Otto...) but Iggy is my favorite I think. May have to get out the #12 Jersey for that game....
If I had to pick one jersey to buy and wear, it would be Tim Hunters.

I have 2 tickets for the game but unfortunately I am selling them. Anyone want to go?
Old 03-01-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
If I had to pick one jersey to buy and wear, it would be Tim Hunters.

I have 2 tickets for the game but unfortunately I am selling them. Anyone want to go?
Tim was another real beauty for sure! I'd love to take those tickets but I'm on a budget leash for the Australia trip....or I'd be all over that!

Old 03-01-2019, 10:11 AM

If you have been a Flames fan since day one, like myself there is a list of favorites for sure. I am up at work so not able to go, I will be for sure watching on the telly. Building should be ramped up and I hope that caries over to the game and we thump the Wild.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:17 AM

Would sure be nice to see McKinnon and the Avs lay a thumping on Sharks tonight... Vegas going to whip Ducks I predict....Preds and Jets is going to be an important game, that one should have some serious tempo to it. Big night.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Banned

Speaking of OLD Flames..

These videos put out by Mr Ski. (Yeah, that will take some of you way way back)
are awesome.

Take a watch, so funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdf5...&feature=share

I loved Macouns fight he had, one of my favourites.

I work with Jamie now. Good guy. So many stories and I think Hockey players tell these stories all the same way. It just reminded me of sitting around with my Dads friends as they told war stories of days and barns from years gone by.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:57 AM

You work with Jaimie Macoun?? Tell him I said hi! What a champ he is....

Old 03-01-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I haven't looked forward to a Flames game THIS much in a long damn time. I can't wait to get to the dome tomorrow. Bought a new (blank) Adidas retro jersey a couple months ago and will be getting #12 put on it.

Iginla has always been my favorite player, but the lead up to this jersey retirement ceremony (including his retirement announcement in the summer) has reminded me just how much he is/was my favorite player and just how lucky us Flames fan were to have a front row seat. I can't wait.

https://www.nhl.com/flames/video/igi...462/c-60813403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e0rCkiOhd8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU8XfX8zsC4&t=8s
https://soundcloud.com/jdeforest/jar...tever-it-takes

Last edited by MoFugger21; 03-01-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
I haven't looked forward to a Flames game THIS much in a long damn time. I can't wait to get to the dome tomorrow. Bought a new (blank) Adidas retro jersey a couple months ago and will be getting #12 put on it.

Iginla has always been my favorite player, but the lead up to this jersey retirement ceremony (including his retirement announcement in the summer) has reminded me just how much he is/was my favorite player and just how lucky us Flames fan were to have a front row seat. I can't wait.

https://www.nhl.com/flames/video/igi...462/c-60813403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e0rCkiOhd8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU8XfX8zsC4&t=8s
https://soundcloud.com/jdeforest/jar...tever-it-takes

2 Tickets available if you want to take a friend?