Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2020, 08:09 PM

Default Skidoo 1st

Well skidoo is the first of the big 3 to come out with a factory 2 stroke turbo. Can’t say that 165+hp up to 8000’ is much for a turbo sled. But the ability to run pump gas probably has something to do with it. Had a friend call a local dealer who said they have one for $18100 USD. Blew my mind when I heard that! Buy a Summit X Expert and drop a Silber on it and you’d be better off, minus the factory warranty. Will sure be interesting to see how they sell and perform.

https://m.facebook.com/SkiDoo
Old 01-13-2020, 08:38 PM

i always thought polaris would be the first . interesting .
Old 01-13-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
i always thought polaris would be the first . interesting .
I read something the other day about Polaris working on a 4 stroke... ya never know!
Old 01-13-2020, 09:25 PM

ive been hearing the turbo rumors for years but this is the first i hear of a 4 stroke . a 4 stroke just doesnt smell right for a snowmobile , especially when you start them up in an enclosed trailer !
Old 01-13-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
ive been hearing the turbo rumors for years but this is the first i hear of a 4 stroke . a 4 stroke just doesnt smell right for a snowmobile , especially when you start them up in an enclosed trailer !
I’m sure it’s just rumors. Yamaha and Skidoo pretty much have the 4 stroke game covered. When I saw the add showing they were unveiling something today 2 things went through my mind. Turbo 850 from the factory and WTH West Yellowstone IDAHO??? I mean come on they just filmed the video here last week and they get the state wrong.....
Old 01-14-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Well skidoo is the first of the big 3 to come out with a factory 2 stroke turbo. Can’t say that 165+hp up to 8000’ is much for a turbo sled. But the ability to run pump gas probably has something to do with it. Had a friend call a local dealer who said they have one for $18100 USD. Blew my mind when I heard that! Buy a Summit X Expert and drop a Silber on it and you’d be better off, minus the factory warranty. Will sure be interesting to see how they sell and perform.

https://m.facebook.com/SkiDoo
That’ll be fun until they realize how much fuel they’ll go through. But As it goes if you can afford the sled you can afford the gas. I worked for Arctic cat when the turbo sleds came out. They were great until they all started to catch on fire. The breather was dribbling oil onto the hot turbo. Poof. Anyway, we’ll see how that goes.

Tullfan
Old 01-14-2020, 07:32 AM

Ski doo can build what they like, I won't be purchasing any of their products, there is already way too much money going from Alberta to Quebec.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Ski doo can build what they like, I won't be purchasing any of their products, there is already way too much money going from Alberta to Quebec.
You would rather see your money go stateside or over seas?
Old 01-14-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
You would rather see your money go stateside or over seas?
I would absolutely rather send my money to the USA, than to Quebec. Quebec is not only refusing to allow pipelines, and collecting billions every year in transfer payments, but Bombardier has already received millions of taxpayer dollars. Now if Quebec decides to work with us on pipelines, and buys our oil, instead of Saudi oil, I will gladly support their industry. And I am currently shopping for a snowmobile, and at this point, it's looking like I will go with Polaris.