Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2012, 07:33 PM

And trust me....I've seen enough of what you ''intelligent'' speeders have caused.
I'm one of the lucky ones who get to clean up the carnage
Old 10-18-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
Ok...so its you.
Why are you so inclined to cut back in instantly?
Typical ''me'' society crap that irks me big time...
I don't cut back "instantly". I try to leave enough space...
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
And trust me....I've seen enough of what you ''intelligent'' speeders have caused.
I'm one of the lucky ones who get to clean up the carnage
"speeders" don't cause sh!t

unsafe passers, people who follow too close, drunks, people who drive too fast for conditions.... these people cause accidents..

someone going 110 in a 100 zone on a clear dry day??? get real
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Nice edit...
Don't tell me your one that does that too.
You seemed like a level headed individual
No I don't cut back right in front of other vehicles,I leave plenty of room. But being childish by driving in the left lane to block traffic because someone made you angry,certainly isn't the act of a level headed individual.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
No I don't cut back right in front of other vehicles,I leave plenty of room. But being childish by driving in the left lane to block traffic because someone made you angry,certainly isn't the act of a level headed individual.
I don't do it because I'm pouting............I do it to save my windshield.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantdi View Post
"speeders" don't cause sh!t

unsafe passers, people who follow too close, drunks, people who drive too fast for conditions.... these people cause accidents..

someone going 110 in a 100 zone on a clear dry day??? get real
So your telling me to get real?

Nice...really nice
Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 PM

Right lane is for people doing the speed limit.

Left lane is for the important people who dont have to obey speed limits.

And for turning left.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-18-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

And for turning left.
Thanks for jumping in Ken
Unflippin believeable.
If these clowns only knew..
Old 10-18-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
So your telling me to get real?

Nice...really nice
What did I say that didn't make sense?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

And for turning left.
Right lane is for SLOWER traffic.. you know, slower as in relative to other traffic.. left lane is for passing.. it's quite simple..
Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Thanks for jumping in Ken
Unflippin believeable.
If these clowns only knew..
Your the person driving in the left lane, purposely blocking traffic cause you can't handle being passed. You really think it's safer for everyone to have to pass you on the right? And now your name calling?? Why don't you grow up a little bit?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
What did I say that didn't make sense?
Telling me to ''get real'' is a little off.
Been scraping innocent people and ''jerk offs'' off the road for too many years to remember.
I apologize tho... it's a sensitive subject to me.
Shoulda just stayed outta it.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Telling me to ''get real'' is a little off.
Been scraping innocent people and ''jerk offs'' off the road for too many years to remember.
I apologize tho... it's a sensitive subject to me.
Shoulda just stayed outta it.
You said that people have no brain cause they pass on the left and drive on the right...

Then you said how you intentionally drive slower than traffic in the passing lane and you don't care that people have to go around you on the right...

Then you accused me of dangerously cutting in front of people...

Then implied that speed causes accidents...

I personally found all of this stuff less than intelligent so ya, I said get real...
Old 10-18-2012, 08:19 PM

Let's hear some more pet peeves boysNgirls,GentsNladies..
Old 10-18-2012, 08:29 PM

Sorry mountain guy for my harsh posts.

Peace.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I don't do it because I'm pouting............I do it to save my windshield.
So because you are paranoid that someone might pass you, and might throw up a stone, that might crack your windshield, you think that you are justified in purposely blocking traffic? Sit back,calm down, and think about what you are posting, because it isn't at all reasonable.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 10-18-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Your the person driving in the left lane, purposely blocking traffic cause you can't handle being passed. You really think it's safer for everyone to have to pass you on the right? And now your name calling?? Why don't you grow up a little bit?
Where did I say that I drive in the left lane to block traffic?
i'm talking about cutting in front of people for no reason.
If were talking about a highway that is packed....say like hwy 2 or 16 west close to Edmonton, then what I say go's out the window. Its a free for all and I stay in the right lane.
I drive in the left lane when the traffic is light... not holding anybody up....saving my windshield,headlights and hood.. because I get fed up of people cutting into my lane ( right lane ) when there is nobody behind us.

Boy am I childish....
Old 10-18-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So because you are paranoid that someone might pass you, and might throw up a stone, that might crack your windshield, you think that you are justified in purposely blocking traffic? Sit back,calm down, and think about what you are posting, because it isn't at all reasonable.
Geez
didn't realize you were a psychiatrist.
Thanks for the diagnosis.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Gone Hunting

What ever happened to sharing the road?

I intend to drive in the right lane but I don't always think to switch back right away after passing slower traffic.

And I will also stay in the left lane for a bit after passing if there is no one behind me.

I figure I could give the guy I just passed a good amount of room before I move back to the right lane, providing I can do so without slowing someone else down.

But I have to admit I don't always think about driving courteously, if that's what it is.

I find myself wondering how many other lane hogs are just like me, a bit forgetful these days.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
What ever happened to sharing the road?

I intend to drive in the right lane but I don't always think to switch back right away after passing slower traffic.

And I will also stay in the left lane for a bit after passing if there is no one behind me.

I figure I could give the guy I just passed a good amount of room before I move back to the right lane, providing I can do so without slowing someone else down.

But I have to admit I don't always think about driving courteously, if that's what it is.

I find myself wondering how many other lane hogs are just like me, a bit forgetful these days.
Amen..
Old 10-19-2012, 12:09 AM
sheephunter

Left lane drivers...well..... they drive me nuts.

People that speed up when you are passing them or slow down after they have passed you are a close second.

What about a friendly wave when you let someone in a line in heavy traffic.

Courtesy on the road really is a thing of the past.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 AM

not really a pet peeve but a question on what people prefer or choose to do....ok here is the situation on a 4 lane road (2 lanes on either side of the yellow line that is) you are heading lets say north....traffic is moving along well but you notice signs saying that one of the lanes will be closed and speed reduced up ahead....now do you prefer to have people start to merge at that point into moving traffic or do you prefer that the cars that are currently in the lane being closed to continue up to the point when the two lanes become one and then are let in one by one by the drivers in the moving open lane?

I have lived in areas that do both...in alberta it seems to be the first option..see the sign, prepare and get into the open lane as quickly as possible. i lived in phoenix for a short time and it was the opposite. drivers continued to the stoppage and then traffic alternated letting people in etc.

Both work well in my experience. I find the alberta way can SOMETIMES keep traffic flowing at a faster rate IF everyone involved is aware and can lane change properly and efficiently...however it can become a cluster if people are not paying attention etc. And the second option I find is a little less stressful or panicked for some people and cars are not trying to "bully" their way into the open lane etc.

opinions??
Old 10-19-2012, 09:16 AM

Well I find that most people merge into the other lane before the closure, and ten the people that go to the end get caught and slow things down by forcing their way in. I personally get over ASAP. Then once I'm in I don't have to worry about cutting in.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Well I find that most people merge into the other lane before the closure, and ten the people that go to the end get caught and slow things down by forcing their way in. I personally get over ASAP. Then once I'm in I don't have to worry about cutting in.
I do the same and that seems to be the norm here...that being said when it was the norm to continue to the end and then be let in it didn't seem to slow down the proceedings at all..but that was because it was the norm and understood.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:42 AM

At the end of the day, as long as everybody does the same, it works.

I personally move over asap when I see those signs. Although that is not always possible.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_AOL View Post
At the end of the day, as long as everybody does the same, it works.

I personally move over asap when I see those signs. Although that is not always possible.
agreed.