Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 AM

Default Canmore Bow Zone

Reguarding huntin' the early-season.. have any of you guys spent much time or had much luck w/o the draw to hunt november-sheep??

I've got a trip "tentatively" set for the first part of sept. then, (depending on the outcome) a 2nd for the end of oct.. and, if my draws turn-out the way I have it figured, I may have a november tag to hunt a little longer.. should be a P7

...am not askin' where to hunt, who to talk to or how to go about any of it. That's all pretty-well penciled-out already. Just curious on the success's others have (or haven't) had down there???
Old 03-22-2011, 09:49 AM

The rut is what brings the sheep into the zone. Hunting it pre rut would be tough.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:47 AM

Like Steve said, it would be a very tough early season hunt.
There are rams in the zone year round, and a couple trips in September and October would give you a really good idea of the area, once you do draw the November tag...
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 03-22-2011, 10:54 AM

Default Rams

November would be the best time of course, but there is pockets of Rams there that live in the zone in the Summer/Fall.
Try Stuart Creek, right at the top of the headwaters there.

Good luck with it.