Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-25-2013, 05:40 PM

Default Looking to learn from experienced Bow Hunter

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to bow hunting. Got my compound bow last year, and have been practicing and getting hunting gear little by little, got my license too. I would like to tag along with an experienced bow hunter the first couple times this season who is happy to pass along his knowledge and experience. I won't get in the way and am physically fit, so you won't be dragging me around, but have extra muscle to carry out your kill.... Any of you interested in having me along, or have suggestions of a good place to find such a hunter I'd be happy to provide references, and identification, so you can verify I'm a good person! Any tips you all have would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2013, 06:25 PM

I would take u out but have very little time this year with the little boy and slaving at work but im sure u will find some one willing to teach you maybe next year stay in touch good luck
Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 PM

You might want to specify where you are living, what you are interested in hunting and how much time you want to devote ie. evenings, weekends, a number of days.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 PM

Great points Waterhawk, thanks. And Ult. Predator, thanks for the offer. will definitely stay in touch.

I live in the SW near Macleod Tr & Southland. I'm interested in Hunting White Tail, Mule, Elk. Time is flexible as I can choose my work hours. Weekends or Midweek both work for me if I have a week or so notice to plan. I probably couldn't get away for more than a 3 day hunt at one time, but would be happy with just day hunts also.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:29 PM

If you were in edmonton I would take u elk hunting....could use some help packing one out of blackfoot lol. Too bad ur not closer.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 AM

I sometimes travel to Edmonton from Calgary for work. How long of a hunt do you usually go for?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:54 AM

D: If you in the WainWright Area lok Me up!!!

Neil