Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-14-2013, 12:45 AM

Default Hoyt dealers

I live near Edmonton and want to try a Carbon Element and a Spyder. I am wondering where I can try these. Do I have to go to Calgary? Also would like to try the new Carbon Knight at tye same time if possible.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:17 AM

Closest hoyt dealers to edmonton are dudley's outdoor escape in drayton, kodiak lake in barrhead or wolverine guns and tackle in red deer.
You could also contact swamp donkey as he sometimes has some hoyt.
its a pain in the ass to get hoyt here now since SPAL doesnt carry it anymore.
Had to work to get my hands on a charger but it was worth it in the end.

Good luck.

Schian
Old 08-14-2013, 04:01 PM

Stoney creek in whitecourt as well!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:16 PM

Swamp Donkey carries the CarbonKnight.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 08-14-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
don't think thats hoyt my friend....
Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 PM

but it sure helps seeing as he asked about it......
Old 08-14-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytAlpha35 View Post
but it sure helps seeing as he asked about it......
true that...my bad!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:08 AM

Default hoytt dealer

Northern Lights Archery in Lac La Biche
Old 08-15-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Wow I held that Caron Knight last knight. Have not had a chance to shoot yet but sure felt nice in my hand.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:10 AM

Was at sherwood park last night talking to Dallas, apparently he can still order them, just doesn't have any in the shop right now.
He says he will have some in shop next year tho.

Schian
Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 PM

SPAL will soon be the authorized hoyt dealer for the edmonton area once again. Heard it straight from the horses mouth.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:57 AM

Funny he was sure bad mouthing HOYT the other day when I was in there. Everything was PRIME PRIME `PRIME. I guess when you can only carry one line of bows you sure have to try and up sell them.

Would not hold my breath on him being a HOYT dealer any time soon. Sure he can probably order one but you will need to pay up front as that is the only way he get them to sell. ( Read between the lines). Good luck if you dont like the bow. If you are going to take another shops time trying them you at least should order from them if you decide you like it.

By the way heard directly from Hoyt that they are in negotiations with a new dealer opening in Edmonton before the end of the year and it is definitly not SPAL.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:51 AM

If you get a chance to get out to Drayton Valley stop at Dudley's, Amber is awesome to deal with and they have the techno hunt so I'm sure you could shoot a couple, I'm not sure what she has in stock at the moment but she usually has a good selection (APA, Mathews, Hoyt) and she knows her stuff.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:23 AM

Wink Hoyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Funny he was sure bad mouthing HOYT the other day when I was in there. Everything was PRIME PRIME `PRIME. I guess when you can only carry one line of bows you sure have to try and up sell them.

Would not hold my breath on him being a HOYT dealer any time soon. Sure he can probably order one but you will need to pay up front as that is the only way he get them to sell. ( Read between the lines). Good luck if you dont like the bow. If you are going to take another shops time trying them you at least should order from them if you decide you like it.

By the way heard directly from Hoyt that they are in negotiations with a new dealer opening in Edmonton before the end of the year and it is definitly not SPAL.
As the owner of SPAL I have never bad mouthed Hoyt. I really like Hoyt But .... really like a lot of other bow lines as well. Prime is a great line. We will let the customer make that call. If any one wants Hoyt Bows or any other bow they would like we can help them as well. We are an authorized dealer of Hoyt and have a signed contract however with that said it is not smart as a business owner to have all your eggs in one Basket. (read between the lines)
Old 08-24-2013, 11:35 AM

I've never shot a Hoyt so I can't comment on them but I LOVE my Prime and have a couple of friends that do as well. I can easily see why SPAL or any shop would be pushing their line as the G5 companies (Prime, Quest & G5) make excellent gear, offer great value for the money & stand behind their products.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 08-26-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Would not hold my breath on him being a HOYT dealer any time soon.

Hate to say I told you so....but I did. Just an example of why you cant always believe what you read on here!!! Take what you can as a grain of salt and ignore all the other B.S.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 PM

When I see them hanging on the rack for sale I will believe it. My money is the new shop opening up in Edmonton will be a dealer before SWPL. Time will tell and I have really nothing more to say on the matter except competion is good and the more of it the better for me as a consumer.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAL View Post

As the owner of SPAL I have never bad mouthed Hoyt. I really like Hoyt But .... really like a lot of other bow lines as well. Prime is a great line. We will let the customer make that call. If any one wants Hoyt Bows or any other bow they would like we can help them as well. We are an authorized dealer of Hoyt and have a signed contract however with that said it is not smart as a business owner to have all your eggs in one Basket. (read between the lines)
Apparently this means no competition within 100km! Just sayin
Old 08-28-2013, 10:36 PM

Wolverine sports in Red deer carries Hoyt bows