Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Banned

Default refletching arrows?

hello. another newbie asking a newbie question. i live in northeast edm. and was wondering if there is someone in the area that could refletch some arrows for me. spruce grove is a drive and sherwood park is close but i haven't been able to contact them yet. thanks.

will of course pay to have this done.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:11 AM

Can't help you with who or where but a suggestion. Buy yourself a fletching outfit and do your own. It is not really expensive and is kind of fun. That way you are not always looking for someone to fix your arrows when you lose a fletch. Also save you money when you need new arrows, buy the shafts etc and build your own. That's what I did and save a lot of money and had some fun as well.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Banned

thanks pincher. others have told me the same thing and i've been told it's not that difficult. i will do so in the future but right now and to get started i'd really just like to get the arrows i have up to snuff and my immediate to do list does not have room to add on fletching arrows. lol.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:36 PM

Sherwood Park will do them for $4.50 an arrow i believe.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:41 PM

$4.50 an arrow plus the drive there to drop them off, and a return trip to pick them up. Must be great to have money and time to burn. A fletcher costs $30.00 and it is easy enough to do that My 5 year old grand daughter could do it.
A hundred feathers are about $30-35. Vanes are even cheaper.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:37 PM

Get the heat shrink fletchings. Super easy and takes less than five mins for a half dozen arrows.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
$4.50 an arrow plus the drive there to drop them off, and a return trip to pick them up. Must be great to have money and time to burn. A fletcher costs $30.00 and it is easy enough to do that My 5 year old grand daughter could do it.
A hundred feathers are about $30-35. Vanes are even cheaper.
wow! who peed in your cornflakes pete? never said i had money or time to burn. just looking for some advice on a problem i've never had to deal with before (i did mention i'm new to archery). hope your not as miserable to your grandkid if she asks you a question.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:14 AM

Default Cornflakes

Water ninja, I didn't detect any animosity in Petes post, it sounds like he was just trying to help you and to point out that getting your own fletcher will save you money right away. I remember when I started archery and it does take awhile to get all the gizmos. My first year all I could afford was 6 arrows and a cheap bow that I got off of eBay. Maybe you should talk to Dennis at git r done archery and he can sell you an inexpensive fetching jig and a handful of feathers...in the end you will probably see the wisdom of Petes suggestion.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:49 PM

I would recomend Arizona ez fletcher, does three vanes at a time, very easy and quicker than the single vane Fletcher's. $52 from three rivers archery plus shipping and handling probably anothe 10-15 for vanes. You won't have to leave the house, once they show up in about a week it will take you less time to fletch the arrows than to drive around dropping them off at the local archery shop.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie135 View Post
Get the heat shrink fletchings. Super easy and takes less than five mins for a half dozen arrows.

X2 ....What he said
Old 08-17-2013, 03:22 PM

My son bought a helical fletcher at Cabelas for $55

Glue was $7

Fletching was $20 for 72 of them

He loves it when I cut or tear one. He fixes them just fine.

Definitely the most economical way. And it is absolutely "stupid proof"