Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2020, 02:41 PM

Default Not surprised...

Characters like this puke will never learn, and can't ever possibly be 'rehabilitated' thanks to bleeding hearts that don't have to support them outta their own pockets.

If you 'don't attend court' when out on bail, that should be good for at least 10 years.

I'm not surprised that the thing turned out to be a typical slimeball.

3 strikes, then ROPE as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:59 PM

Lets be honest, if even getting shot at hasn't stopped him from being a low life waste of skin, he never will stop. I am perfectly fine with removing thumbs for first offenses, then more fingers after that until there is none left for them to use to steal things.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:03 PM

What we are currently doing clearly isn't working.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:17 PM

I imagine he thought he won the lottery when he got away alive. If it had not been for the new ruling about the lawsuits 'western express' would have taken on a whole new life.

They need to stop releasing the dirtbags prior to court and sentencing, and only accept plea bargains that actually benefit the Crown by the defendant losing lots, assets, garnishment, etc.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-25-2020, 07:48 PM
Banned

I can see it now. When caught he’ll claim he PTSD from being shot at and that’s the cause of his new round of problems.
More disturbing is some judge will buy it!
Old 01-25-2020, 08:17 PM

I always love the Failing to attend Court charge. What do you expect from a scum bag who's not attending his first rodeo ? Judges must come from a real Mary Poppins background, one has to assume.

Grizz
Old 01-26-2020, 06:47 AM

Only thing worse than this slimeball is the Canadian legal system.This article was in the Calgary Sun January 16. Can only hope it never happens?? Hard to believe it could even be considered. Watson's lawyer should be strung up beside him!!

So you think the Eddie Maurice ordeal is over? Think again.

Eddie could be headed for a new trial. Yes, it is true. And Eddie could once again be looking at the possibility of time behind bars.

Then again, cross our fingers, Lady Justice could surprise us all and give Eddie a much-deserved break.

You could well be disgusted at the prospect of another trial for Eddie but that’s what the guy who trespassed on Eddie’s property wants. That’s what the guy suing Eddie for damages wants.

The guy named Ryan Watson says in an affidavit filed just days ago how he’s told his lawyers to “acquire an expert report” and present new evidence to prosecutors or ask a judge to have a criminal case opened against Eddie.

You see, if Eddie goes through another trial and is convicted and winds up doing time, Watson can then sue him. Watson wants $100,000 or more.

Not so long ago, it looked like Eddie and his family’s torment was over. It looked like we’d finally see a Hollywood happy ending after a very bad dream going back to February of 2018.

Almost two years back.

The horror show would be over. Eddie and his family, battered and bruised but still fighting on through their personal storm, could finally get on with their lives.

Eddie Maurice could be Eddie Maurice before Eddie Maurice became a household name.

Before his name became associated with one individual screwed over by the system — a symbol for the many victims of rural crime and those fearing they’ll be next on the hit list.

You know the nightmare of Eddie and his family inside and out.

A young dad alone with his young daughter at home finds a couple rifling through his vehicles in the wee hours of the morning.

As Eddie tells it, he warns them to leave. He fires one warning shot at the ground and then another between two of his vehicles. They hightail it. He calls the cops. They arrest Eddie. He’s charged and faces a trial and possible prison.

Ryan Watson, one of the now-convicted trespassers, was hit in the forearm by what proved to be a ricocheting bullet.

Eddie went to court six times. Each time a crowd would gather outside to support him. Prosecutors dropped the case.

But the story isn’t dropped.

Watson the trespasser sues Eddie for at least $100,000. Watson says he’s suffered. Watson’s lawyer says the RCMP suggested his client sue.

Somewhere around 99.9% of us couldn’t believe what was happening.

Doug Schweitzer, Alberta’s top lawman, acted right quick. Cowboy Doug rolled out a new law not allowing the likes of Watson to sue Eddie.

After all, Eddie was convicted of the square root of squat.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:54 AM

That turd has had a rough life. He's 43?, he looks to be 50+. I'm 43 and I look 10 years younger than that muttonhead.

We need to have a purge to rid us of the likes of this POS.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:59 AM
Banned

Set up a go fund me page to help the guy out. Buy him a big bag of meth and within a couple days the problem will solve itself.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Set up a go fund me page to help the guy out. Buy him a big bag of meth and within a couple days the problem will solve itself.
With any luck, the next Eddie Maurice will dispense with the warning shot.

Grizz