Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
You said Trump and non sensical in the same sentence. Good man.

That's the Trump lovers mantra tho. If you don't like him you must be a Antifa, SJW, Snowflake. Weak argument from weak minds.

Can't some of us conservatives just dislike the man because we find him to be a lieing idiot egomaniac?
ALL politicians lie. The next president will too. And yes, most are egomaniacs. Narcissists naturally seek that kind of power and fame.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:16 PM
Banned

At the end of the day, people who love the USA and conservatism can sleep easy knowing #1 All Time President Donald John Trump will be in office until 2024.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I’d like to add up Neil Young’s entire career lifetime carbon footprint. First there are the many tractor trailer loads full of vinyl albums, plastic cassettes and CD’s, yet more tractor trailer loads full of books and VHS cassettes and DVDs, all of his concert paraphernalia and the fuel for his staging and audio equipment big rigs and tour buses to tour with. These trainloads of products not only had to be manufactured, they also had to be transported to a distributor, warehoused, transported again to regional distributors, then delivered to retailers and
Purchased by people who had to get to the stores somehow... Pair that with countless flights, multiple homes and having owned a toy train company (Lionel) which has its own completely unnecessary carbon footprint as well. Where are Neil’s lifetime #’s at to lecture us about not consuming much? He’s made 10’s millions that would not have been possible were it not for affordable energy and the existence of plastics.
its ironic how he and other celebrities jump on the " green" bandwagon while they infact are some of the worst offenders , and like you point out , have left not a carbon footprint but an actual carbon trail while amassing their fortunes .
Old 01-25-2020, 11:17 PM

Default libtard apology

To EZM:
I accept your correction and reproof. You say you aren't a liberal and aren't from Edmonton. My mistake. I don't mean to personally insult you. I'm serious. I guess it's just that Edmonton always frustrates me, being tended toward liberal/ndp whackos. So please accept my reversing here. I agree we need to unite as sportsmen. So I'll try to be less divisive. I agree wholeheartedly with another guy's post though: We should not judge the man by his personality as much as by accomplshments.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:12 AM

He's a great songwriter, but otherwise talentless. His guitar playing is terrible and "singing" is horrific.

He's a hypocrite and a creep.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:28 AM

Never met the man , just listened to his music over the years and liked how varied and prolific his music is .

He can play the guitar https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu0zu

Seems like he had some kind of charity concert for some years to help handicapped kids that raised millions of dollars , the guy can't be all bad .
Old 01-26-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
He's a great songwriter, but otherwise talentless. His guitar playing is terrible and "singing" is horrific.

He's a hypocrite and a creep.
Both Young and Gord Downing cant carry a tune in a bucket. Horrific vocalists no matter how “iconic” some feel they both are. Definitively not iconic in the vocal chops dept...
Old 01-26-2020, 07:00 AM

Musicians, actors, professional athletes etc. I don’t care about their political view, private life, or what they think. Their not heroes, not gods, didn’t put their live on the line for nobody or serve their country. Shut up and play or act, that’s what I pay them for. If they want to be a politician or activist, then go do it so I can turn them off.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:09 AM

When I'm reading about Neil young i have that lynyrd skynyrd sweet home Alabama stuck in my head." Hope Neil young will remember,a southern man don't need him around anyhow "

I liked Ted Cruz

I grew up in the cold war. The Soviet's, I know their Russians now but they will always be Soviets to me. Well they cheered when Trump got elected. That bothers me.

I think they really missed a great opportunity with Donald Rumsfeld.
#1 self made successful business man.
#2 successful family man.
#3 military test pilot. I don't believe they were at war when he was at age but a test pilot isn't a coward.

Cream doesnt rise to the top anymore?
You would think he would be like Washington and they would go to him and say we Ned your service.
Haha how about bill ruger for President. Course he never served in the military but apparently that doesn't matter anymore.
Don't get mad at me you guys. We're all on the same side. Haha we are all shoe smugglers!
Seriously though I'm sure our left that lives amoung us,must love it when Albertans who vote the same up here get a hate on for each other over foreign politics.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohn87 View Post
At the end of the day, people who love the USA and conservatism can sleep easy knowing #1 All Time President Donald John Trump will be in office until 2024.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:43 PM

Default Everyone should read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonehunter View Post
To EZM:
Well...... I appreciate how you admit that you've probably driven this thread off its rails. And maybe it's off beyond repair now. But I thought I'd add a few things, after having seen your posts for a while now on other threads too.
I'm always amazed at Trump-bashers. And I remain puzzled as to how they can claim any sort of high ground in their own lives, when all they want to do is call that man a litany of negatives. Really??? You'd almost rather have Hillary? If you are even partially serious in saying that, then I'm amazed that you want to debate the point with a group of western outdoorsmen. Because there is ZERO high ground, moral or otherwise, in the world of the Clintons and her ilk. Each to their own, of course. You are free to be a libtard from liberal Edmonton if you wish. But please. Just be quiet about what character qualities mr. Trump may or may not display. Left-wingers better zip it. At least the man stands up for some rather important issues. Like job creation for his own country. And gun rights. And pro-life. And Israel. And borders. And on & on. Yes, he's human and irks us sometimes. Me included. But look at what is being accomplished. And if you don't believe this, please reach out to some american sportsmen. Ask them what they think. I am friends with a guide who took Donald junior on a Stone sheep hunt. Spent ten days in camp with him and Jason from Kuiu. Ask the guide what kind of person Donald sr. is. Ask people who know. Look up the youtube doc on things Trump said 10, 12, 15 years ago, compare that to what you see now. Truth is, I would take Trump/Pence a hundred times over ahead of any clown we have in Canada. Sad but true.
This is exactly what will get someone a lengthy timeout. No tolerance for this kind of crap at all. If you can't disagree without slinging personal insults at other members, regardless of where you land on a political spectrum, then you are neither needed or welcomed here.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyd View Post
USMCA and steel tariffs. All to say he got a "better" deal. It's all a game to him he thinks he's running a corporation not a country. Unfortunately he can't file a country for bankruptcy to get ahead.

As for Neil Young he's a useless treehugging hypocrite whose opinion shouldn't matter to anyone.
Hate to break it to you but the "country" is a big corporation!...and our CEO in Canada should be fired as well as his staff....
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Hate to break it to you but the "country" is a big corporation!...and our CEO in Canada should be fired as well as his staff....
Economics is a large part of running a country, yes. A competent leader also understands the other aspects.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:33 PM

I was in a book store just yesterday and saw one co-authored by old Neil, I'm sure he wept for all the trees being turned to pulp that he was profiting from. A real eco-warrior would insist that his books only be released digitally..... but then his publishing contact surely told him there was more profit to be made selling books to those people who've not yet embraced the E-readers and Neil replied "Screw the environment, I want my maximum profits!"
Old 01-27-2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Musicians, actors, professional athletes etc. I don’t care about their political view, private life, or what they think. Their not heroes, not gods, didn’t put their live on the line for nobody or serve their country. Shut up and play or act, that’s what I pay them for. If they want to be a politician or activist, then go do it so I can turn them off.
Exactly.