Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2020, 08:57 PM

Default A Swede speaks out on Greta

An interesting perspective on Greta Thunberg and Sweden by one of its citizens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZCCXZz5Esw
Old 01-25-2020, 09:31 PM

Yup, not just sweden, she could be talking about Canada as well, we fit right into that mold, and twinkle socks wants to bring in 50,000 more every year.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
An interesting perspective on Greta Thunberg and Sweden by one of its citizens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZCCXZz5Esw
Yup, another country where the majority is being browbeat by the liberal agenda.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:13 PM

It will swing back to the right soon I think. More and more people I talk to are getting fed up with many of the major goals of the left. Including using climate change as an excuse to shut down so many jobs and industries that the people rely on. Also includes the trend toward forcing alternative lifestyles on people, carbon taxes and the like. This includes people I know who identified as left.

The more they push for radical changes eventually the majority will get fed up and push back hard. People just want to live their lives, have a roof over their head and food in belly. When the left wing policy begins to interfere with that, we will see major changes politically.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPsycho View Post
It will swing back to the right soon I think. More and more people I talk to are getting fed up with many of the major goals of the left. Including using climate change as an excuse to shut down so many jobs and industries that the people rely on. Also includes the trend toward forcing alternative lifestyles on people, carbon taxes and the like. This includes people I know who identified as left.

The more they push for radical changes eventually the majority will get fed up and push back hard. People just want to live their lives, have a roof over their head and food in belly. When the left wing policy begins to interfere with that, we will see major changes politically.
Seems to me, if you don't have your head in the sand, there is significant opposition out there and not just in Canada. doesn't matter what, you have to be able to survive.

Grizz
Old 01-26-2020, 10:18 AM
Banned

There should be a mandatory form everyone in Canada must fill out with their social insurance number included on whether you support the oil and gas industry in Alberta or you don’t. Give people the chance to make a real difference. If you don’t support it, prove it. Sign your name on the no support line and be restricted from the use of oil and gas. No access to natural gas to heat your home and no access to any gas/diesel vehicles, public transportation included. No access to stores or restaurants that use gas to heat their buildings or vehicles that use fuel to deliver products to these establishment. Yes, it’s time to show your commitment, show you are not just a mouthpiece spewing garbage. This would give the tree huggers a chance to prove to the world they aren’t just a bunch of hypocrites.

I bet there would be pipelines heading every direction out of Alberta.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:21 AM

Eye opening video. I had no idea they were in such rough shape too. 'hot food too expensive for the elderly? Give them blankets and drop the heat?'

Sounds like a massive parallel to Canada.

Wow.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-26-2020, 10:23 AM

One of the biggest mistakes we have made was to lower the voting age. IMO you have no right to decide who should rule until you've earned your own living, payed bills and taxes for at least three years. People need to learn where money comes from before they have a hand in deciding where yours and mine goes.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
One of the biggest mistakes we have made was to lower the voting age. IMO you have no right to decide who should rule until you've earned your own living, payed bills and taxes for at least three years. People need to learn where money comes from before they have a hand in deciding where yours and mine goes.
That sounds like a judgement on parents. If you raise your children right by the time they hit age of majority their brain should have filled in, no?

There are far worse concerns in voting than being 18/21.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-26-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
That sounds like a judgement on parents. If you raise your children right by the time they hit age of majority their brain should have filled in, no?

There are far worse concerns in voting than being 18/21.
OK, then lets just say you need to learn where money comes from before you can vote (bills, taxes, steady employment). It's no surprise that liberal and especially green politicians want to lower the voting age to 16. Young people's political direction is often steered by issues that ignore economic reality. You can raise them right, and teach them how to vote for what you believe in, I think my parents did, but young people want to do what other young people are doing. Greta and her minions are economically clueless... and not just because of their age.

Last edited by gunluvr; 01-26-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
OK, then lets just say you need to learn where money comes from before you can vote (bills, taxes, steady employment). It's no surprise that liberal and especially green politicians want to lower the voting age to 16. Young people's political direction is often steered by issues that ignore economic reality. You can raise them right, and teach them how to vote for what you believe in, I think my parents did, but young people want to do what other young people are doing. Greta and her minions are economically clueless... and not just because of their age.
For the most part, I am on the same page as you. Lowering the voting age to 16 is Ludicrous. Even at 18 I think they are not even close to mature enough. But at 18 they are legally responsible for themselves. I think voting age has to go hand in hand with that.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindoutside View Post
For the most part, I am on the same page as you. Lowering the voting age to 16 is Ludicrous. Even at 18 I think they are not even close to mature enough. But at 18 they are legally responsible for themselves. I think voting age has to go hand in hand with that.
16 is ridiculous.
Most have a head on their shoulders by 18. 'Most'.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Fully agree. Know many others that agree as well.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:31 PM

A little more info about Greta. Careful this may trigger a few since it’s rebel media

https://youtu.be/TTXdhTwO320

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 01-26-2020, 04:50 PM
Banned

On the one hand, if you’re old enough to join the Armed Forces and die for your country (18) you’re old enough to vote.
On the other hand my 19 year old says fully 1/2 his friends have no clue about politics.
What’s sad is I’d say that’s about the same percentage as my friends 😩
Old 01-26-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
A little more info about Greta. Careful this may trigger a few since it’s rebel media

https://youtu.be/TTXdhTwO320
I am not sure why the hatred for the Rebel- to be honest I am new to it, so if they have done something terrible in the past ok.

I see a Canadian Media source where all we have is the CBC feeding us manure. His agenda is pretty clear, but may have gone about it wrong.

His badgering of the 'security detail' seemed to be nothing more than a 'Westboro Baptist Church' tactic; 'hit me for saying something you do not like and I will sue you'.

Trying to find out who is paying them may be in vain forever, they are not going to give up their ATM.

Interesting and kind of boring, but the fact is an Albertan is there trying to find out the truth for us, why all the hate?

Old 01-26-2020, 07:02 PM

Default Conrad Black

Conrad Black article “What did Canadians do to deserve this government?”
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/con...his-government
Old 01-26-2020, 07:06 PM

Rugatika used to say, you should not be able to vote unless you pay taxes. I think there is wisdom in that. Why should a non paying member of society be able to vote money for themselves.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-26-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
On the one hand, if you’re old enough to join the Armed Forces and die for your country (18) you’re old enough to vote.
On the other hand my 19 year old says fully 1/2 his friends have no clue about politics.
What’s sad is I’d say that’s about the same percentage as my friends ��
I see both sides also. Having dealt with many 18-21 yr olds, fair to say the vast majority are more mature @ 21 than 18. Everything from DL to bank accts & job history & resume prep. Raise the voting age before lowering it, or leave it be.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 01-26-2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Rugatika used to say, you should not be able to vote unless you pay taxes. I think there is wisdom in that. Why should a non paying member of society be able to vote money for themselves.
I agree with this...
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I miss him.
Loved his level headed responses and witty comebacks.
Can't believe the trolls were allowed to get to him....
Old 01-27-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Don't underestimate the level of liberal support in Canada outside Alberta and this support is increasing not decreasing.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
Don't underestimate the level of liberal support in Canada outside Alberta and this support is increasing not decreasing.
The liberal contagion is contained in large Centres (Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Maritimes, and Native votes). The federal election proved, exactly what was expected. Few liberals, or NDP, Green, outside of city centre.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
The liberal contagion is contained in large Centres (Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Maritimes, and Native votes). The federal election proved, exactly what was expected. Few liberals, or NDP, Green, outside of city centre.
I'm not sure that you are correct about the localization but I hope you are. I'd like to point out that the ridings in northern Saskatchewan, northern Alberta and north-eastern British Columbia voted Conservative in the last federal election. I take it that Trudeau's posturing and virtue signalling have not impressed all the Indigenous voters.

Unfortunately, the mainstream media are run from Ontario and Quebec, thereby helping brainwash the common sense out of more Canadians. It's too bad that more people are not given a chance to hear the other side of Greta's publicity.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:16 AM

Exclamation Long term observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I am not sure why the hatred for the Rebel- to be honest I am new to it, so if they have done something terrible in the past ok.
Interesting and kind of boring, but the fact is an Albertan is there trying to find out the truth for us, why all the hate?
I've read and listened to Ezra for years, this is nothing new.
An ultra-conservative, occasionally politically incorrect Jew, who employs conservative visible minorities as well as conservative caucasians is an affront to the socially minded progressives among us. He must be denigrated and stopped at all costs, because he does not fit with their narrative.

If they scaled back their deliberately over-the-top presentation format, it would help negate a lot of the backlash.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 01-27-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post

If they scaled back their deliberately over-the-top presentation format, it would help negate a lot of the backlash.
Having seen Rebel News mentioned several times on AO over the last few weeks I decided to take a look. I remember why I was put off the last time. I have scrolled half way down the first page and finally found the first blaring ad that was not a link to a video or podcast. I have proven to myself that reading is a much more efficient means of taking in information than watching a video. So now I remember why I left Rebel News off my Bookmark list the last time I went there.

I could keep looking but I certainly haven't seen anything so far that would warrant much in the way of negative comments, except the format as you say. Mr. Levant seems to be trying to appeal to people who like to watch talking heads and read very short news items. Is there ever anything approaching in-depth analysis on this site? I saw mention of a newsletter but I can't find it on the website. I'd appreciate some help finding it.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Oh, I'm pretty sure that they will be prepared for that...

https://globalnews.ca/news/6464173/c...ism-documents/

Depends on what they will call an "extremist"... Who knows, maybe that's what they'll eventually call anyone who does any pushback against the leftists.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:07 PM

I’m assuming anyone who voted conservative would be considered a right wing extremist, as well as anyone who speaks the truth, all rural Albertans and anyone who legally owns firearms.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
The liberal contagion is contained in large Centres (Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Maritimes, and Native votes).
Right ........ And that is where the elections are won
Old 01-27-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
I’m assuming anyone who voted conservative would be considered a right wing extremist, as well as anyone who speaks the truth, all rural Albertans and anyone who legally owns firearms.
Anyone right of Mao or Stalin