Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2019, 11:55 AM

Long Story Short... BIL had an injury prescribed... OxyContin....for a year... ran out.... got it illegally by doctor shopping for prescriptions.... sold Oxy to support... went downhill... Through withdrawals... treatment etc... February 14 2017 a mother lost her youngest son, my wife lost her brother....

He always had an excuse and people continued to enable him right until the end...

because he had built up such a tolerance he would "test" small injections before using the whole amount and one day he got a pill with a "hot spot" and that was it... His girlfriend woke up after injecting and found him blue beside her... EMS worked on him for 45 minutes on way to hospital and Dr worked on him for another 45 before declaring him dead.... My wife was called and because he was now a criminal case and because there may be danger as well to her she could not even touch him... had to say goodbye from 3 feet away... It was tough to see and I wish my boys would have seen it as it would have brought the point home...

But I learned.... I hope my children never go through this and I remind them every time I can... As I went through my cancer and was terrified of using opiates but was the only thing to lower the pain to a tolerable level... Got off of it as soon as I could...

Addiction is a battle.... You win or you die...

Tough LOVE is a big part of that battle and being willing to say NO...
Old 03-21-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
Long Story Short... BIL had an injury prescribed... OxyContin....for a year... ran out.... got it illegally by doctor shopping for prescriptions.... sold Oxy to support... went downhill... Through withdrawals... treatment etc... February 14 2017 a mother lost her youngest son, my wife lost her brother....

He always had an excuse and people continued to enable him right until the end...

because he had built up such a tolerance he would "test" small injections before using the whole amount and one day he got a pill with a "hot spot" and that was it... His girlfriend woke up after injecting and found him blue beside her... EMS worked on him for 45 minutes on way to hospital and Dr worked on him for another 45 before declaring him dead.... My wife was called and because he was now a criminal case and because there may be danger as well to her she could not even touch him... had to say goodbye from 3 feet away... It was tough to see and I wish my boys would have seen it as it would have brought the point home...

But I learned.... I hope my children never go through this and I remind them every time I can... As I went through my cancer and was terrified of using opiates but was the only thing to lower the pain to a tolerable level... Got off of it as soon as I could...

Addiction is a battle.... You win or you die...

Tough LOVE is a big part of that battle and being willing to say NO...
Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing a powerful story.
I hope you all the best in your past battle with cancer and pray it stays in the past. I have a feeling with a Dad like you your children will be just fine!
Old 03-21-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
I will be. I've got a beautiful wife half my age and a highly intelligent daughter who make up my world. Struggle to find work I can do, but if I can kill this monkey on my back it may be easier
Not many people will hire a person with disabilities, thanks to the fear of WCB. Thinking of making a sign and go beg for a job on Highway 2. Mass advertising lol. Desperate times call for desperate measures, Walmart is changing its greeter positions to include ladders and I'm banned from them.

The biggest issue I see with the other addicts I know, is the lack of buzz. I had a former coworker come by to give daughter a present this weekend. She was doing 2 8balls a week while driving the seniors around on a bus... Then after a while made it 3 months off coke. She and a friend hooked up and got high, then had to fight of going to sleep. They realized it was laced. She quit for that period, but nothing got her buzzed. She's back on.
But you have to know her back story. Molested, untreated. Crawled under her dead step father to pry the phone from his dead hand to call for help, untreated. Those that don't understand why people end up hooked, it's often from unsupported trauma. I think the odd one on here may have read between the lines on some of my posts and can guess where mine began. Alcoholic and smoking pot by 12. Suicidal, and depressed, with an alcoholic and suicidal mother after we told Betty Talbot she was going to die because the cops didn't believe her.

Don't judge addicts just because they are addicts. Many are destroyed children.
I agree. There is often a back story. Thank you for sharing here. I hope things work out for you.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:34 PM
Banned

I did coke for three months straight when I was 26. I have a very very high tolerance and the stuff I was doing was as pure as it gets. I also don’t freeze well when getting stitches or dental work done. They always have to get the hard stuff out and that barely works and when it finally does I am frozen for a week. I would be scared as all hell to try anything off the street these days. In the end I had the option to try it or not just like every single other person and the reason I have very little sympathy.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:05 PM

I realize that I am a hard ass. However, bottom line is, as it has been for centuries, everyone at some point must assume absolute and total responsibility for themselves and the decisions they make in life.
This simple concept has enabled our species to evolve and to survive to what it is today.
Like it or not.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:16 PM

About the only one in my immediate circle was about 13 years ago and it wasn't technically an OD but I'm sure the guys lifetime of hard partying and cocaine wasn't that helpful with his diabetes which is what ultimately did him in. His old roomie had numerous stories of calling the ambulance to revive him when he'd hit a diabetic coma after a night partying.

I think I've heard of way more suicides than OD's of people I actually knew and they were all people I knew at arms length, nobody that I was close with. That being said, I personally consider drug overdoses to be suicides, they're just not necessarily intentional.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 03-21-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger CS View Post
I realize that I am a hard ass. However, bottom line is, as it has been for centuries, everyone at some point must assume absolute and total responsibility for themselves and the decisions they make in life.
This simple concept has enabled our species to evolve and to survive to what it is today.
Like it or not.
You went from this stuff never was around 50 years ago to 300 and yes you have the right approach on how the big wheel should turn.

If you think every concept in life is made in a minute than your very wrong,there's reason we have evolved into such a messed up society for many reasons.

So a guy goes to war and gets shot up and while he was in hospital they crank him up,he comes out an addict all messed up with pstd and this is what you call a simple concept, I won't take another pill till my next surgery and if all goes well maybe nothing at all.I know right from wrong very well.

You get cancer and this is a simple concept,come on hard ass.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:13 AM

Our 44 year old friend died on boxing day . Her and her boyfriend were celebrating xmas holidays . did some coke that turns out was laced with fentanyl . plus her addiction to the prescription drugs too . she left a 4 year old behind that's being raised by the grandparents now.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88thunderbird View Post
Our 44 year old friend died on boxing day . Her and her boyfriend were celebrating xmas holidays . did some coke that turns out was laced with fentanyl . plus her addiction to the prescription drugs too . she left a 4 year old behind that's being raised by the grandparents now.
This is very sad indeed and the killers who are producing this stuff as an additive are nothing ,but low life killers

You can't trust street drugs period,if you fell the urge go to doctor and buy from prescript meds.The days of drugs for simple weekend fun is now not an option.

Coke dealers are scum,so they should all use there products in front of you,but a mild user will die due to his body being to handle amounts that can kill you,so if you love your family stop for there sake and yours.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:58 PM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
While I appreciate what you are going thru, victimizing 3 generations because of a conservative govt is laughable at best. Suggesting a left leaning party was the cause would fall into the same category (to be non partisan about it).
Victim mentality is what's predominantly wrong with society today.
signed, a 1985 born Millenial
Yup. 1985. Right in the generation I'm talking about. Even too young to know what I'm referring to. What's your explanation for your generation suddenly running around robbing farmers and stealing vehicles at an all time high? Good parenting? You don't even know one adult who was charged for disciplining their child do you?
I was investigated, just after you pulled your pud for the first time, by Social Services because my kid got a black eye at his grandparents farm. The entire school system got so bad that parents were charged for spanking their kids for beating other kids up.
You were born during the end of the oil boom and got to enjoy all the fine government programs that were cancelled by King Ralph. Lol those debts he paid off that everyone is so proud of, were piled up paying for them social programs. Was the hospital you were born in closed by him? Like I said, too young to know what I'm talking about. I was already voting before you were born. I watched my cousins brats grow up in the Social Services system, spanking them would have prevented lots of crime, just like it would have done with your generation.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yup. 1985. Right in the generation I'm talking about. Even too young to know what I'm referring to. What's your explanation for your generation suddenly running around robbing farmers and stealing vehicles at an all time high? Good parenting? You don't even know one adult who was charged for disciplining their child do you?
I was investigated, just after you pulled your pud for the first time, by Social Services because my kid got a black eye at his grandparents farm. The entire school system got so bad that parents were charged for spanking their kids for beating other kids up.
You were born during the end of the oil boom and got to enjoy all the fine government programs that were cancelled by King Ralph. Lol those debts he paid off that everyone is so proud of, were piled up paying for them social programs. Was the hospital you were born in closed by him? Like I said, too young to know what I'm talking about. I was already voting before you were born. I watched my cousins brats grow up in the Social Services system, spanking them would have prevented lots of crime, just like it would have done with your generation.
You are on good glue. I was born in 85 and let me tell you school was not how you made it out to be. They locked me in a closet all day once, threw me through desks, cut by a wedding ring wile being back handed. The list goes on.This is just elementary school east of sherwood park. Some of those dirt bag teachers are still there.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:48 PM
Suspended User

Let's remind people of what you can be addicted too. Seems like many here want to pretend they are invulnerable to it. Do you need that beer right after you get home from work, or even that coffee first before you can function. How many of you struggled for years to quit tobacco? Got the video game addiction? Or cellular addiction? I found it funny that a person with an endorphin addiction calls others down, then goes out for a run and gets his fix that way. It is the same system Tramadol works on. I know so many young guys who can't go without Red Bull. Know any adrenaline junkies?

My mother quit smoking cold turkey so she could afford to buy her beer, it was a harder addiction to beat than smoking. The beer killed her before she was 63 months after my first wife gave birth to our daughter. Her sister drank herself to death by 35. My father and many more were addicted to chewing tobacco, I know of several people who had parts of their lips removed because of tumors. I know of many who died from being moonshine addicts.
Ever think about how the history of medicine has just compounded addiction to the level it is now. Cocaine the wonder drug, better than crank for pain. That turned out great a hundred years ago. MDMA was handed out to German troops in the second world war for pain and to keep the going, great for PTSD. Now being studied for depression, thanks I will eat mushrooms instead. Morphine was great for the Korean and Vietnam vets wasn't it. Addiction is not new, opium killed thousands last century.

Just wait until you are t boned people, or go through back to back surgeries in the matter of months
Its only a matter of opportunity for that shot to get you hooked. My first shoulder surgery started with fentanyl followed by percocet, then a therapist tore my repair within 6 weeks of my repaired rotator cuff. You think you know pain, have someone manually tear a surgical repair. I was immobilized in a sling for months before I got my second operation. Frozen shoulder set in sometime during that. Pain, in the middle of your sleep you wake up screaming, just like when I tore my knee to crap. I haven't slept through the night in over a decade. Should I get addicted to sleeping pills like my ones friends wife was? Until she didn't wake up?

So happy that some of you think addiction is some kind of choice. Even happier for those that haven't lost someone you know. But for us that suffer daily from some sort of anguish, be it mental or physical, its a real life or death struggle.
Just over 2 weeks and I had my first solid bowel movement. I know TMI, but imagine how hard it has been to not start taking my codiene fix so I'm not sick? Any idea of how much of a struggle it is to wake up knowing that you will be so sick that you will vomit while trying to clean your toilet from earlier?
My 6 year old broke down yesterday, telling me she was afraid I was dying. So much easier to keep taking the pills and avoid the Narcotic Nausea. Now I know why so many addicts would rather die than quit, I have lost over 10 pounds in 2 weeks. I eat I'm sick, I smell food I fight nausea.
So no addiction is not a choice, it is a punishment. A punishment for those around us.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
You’re preaching to the choir. I just believe you have completely misplaced the blame. Who would you say panders to “progressive society” more? Right or left? We all know it’s left. That’s not disputable. Look no further than our universities for these kooked out ideas of no discipline, everyone looking to summit the ladder without stepping on Rung #1, entitlement, over sensitive to people “offending” them. I could go on and on. Kick God out of the schools, out of our laws and principles and look at the decline.

Now that all said, I don’t blame the Left either. It starts at home with zero discipline. That’s infiltrated into the schools as the teachers hands are tied. It’s only gonna get worse. But we need to take onus on the things we can control. I have 4 kids. I’m doing my best to break the current mould.

Victim mentality- blaming others for the state we’re in. I was raised to accept responsibility for my actions and tell the truth. I grew up knowing what a spanking felt like. I respect blue hair and still hold the door for a lady (whether she wants me to or not). Raised in a Christian conservative home. Hmmm go figure.

Dave can you honestly believe we Can blame a political party (right or left) for our society? We all need to take a good hard look in the mirror and take onus.

Ps this is not on the topic of addiction. I have zero life experience in the hard core addictions being discussed. Probably sit on my dumb iPhone too much. Have overcome some things that could have turned worse. I don’t have any answers for you on your condition. You have my sincere sympathy

Last edited by wildwoods; 03-22-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:16 PM

My 54 year old daughter isn't dead. Yet.

She was in a car accident when hit by a drunk driver and started getting severe migraines. She'd go to the hospital and get shots for it, gradually upping until it was morphine to break the migraine's hold. Then she started going more and more often, the medical profession not able to discover the base cause. Finally a doctor in emerg said she'd been in enough times she was using facilities needed for others and gave her a bottle of morphine and a handful of needles and to come back when they were used up.

I was/am still, furious, can't find out which ******* did this (giving her the drugs and needles under the guise of "helping"), and now have a morphine addict who is gradually progressing up the levels of stuff available illegally. In my mind she doesn't have headaches anymore, she has withdrawl. We are now estranged, and my brilliant, perky, loving child has turned into a vacant shell of a human who has no desire to be helped and who's only drive is that next fix. I don't even know where she lives, or how.

Many factors are involved in this situation and the results are horrific, and I grieve daily for her. I understand what so many of you are going through. My heart hurts for you all, users and family.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:45 AM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrowing Owl View Post
My 54 year old daughter isn't dead. Yet.

She was in a car accident when hit by a drunk driver and started getting severe migraines. She'd go to the hospital and get shots for it, gradually upping until it was morphine to break the migraine's hold. Then she started going more and more often, the medical profession not able to discover the base cause. Finally a doctor in emerg said she'd been in enough times she was using facilities needed for others and gave her a bottle of morphine and a handful of needles and to come back when they were used up.

I was/am still, furious, can't find out which ******* did this (giving her the drugs and needles under the guise of "helping"), and now have a morphine addict who is gradually progressing up the levels of stuff available illegally. In my mind she doesn't have headaches anymore, she has withdrawl. We are now estranged, and my brilliant, perky, loving child has turned into a vacant shell of a human who has no desire to be helped and who's only drive is that next fix. I don't even know where she lives, or how.

Many factors are involved in this situation and the results are horrific, and I grieve daily for her. I understand what so many of you are going through. My heart hurts for you all, users and family.
Here is the vital clue to your daughters headaches. Addiction. When a person gets addicted to that point, the mind continues to manufacture the pain to get more. Simple reward system our bodies use. Like fat people being starving all the time, yet just ate. Sad but true. Food addiction, and coke addiction are so similar. The cure to headaches is stretches and physio, plus weaning off the addiction.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:57 AM
Suspended User

To the ones saying politics don't influence our children.
Yes the home life causes most of the problems, because of the fear of reprisals of beating the kids ass. Simple as that. How many on here complain that Trudeau needs to toughen laws? Or immigration brings in criminals? Lots. When we look at parental rights, they have eroded constantly, to the point a slap on the ass has become assault. When I was a kid, straps were in school, and if you got that home wasn't safe. Friends parents would whack you if you needed it while there. Then your father would give you double.
Then our society decided discipline was causing so much mental trauma, and the laws changed to beat adults for tuning in the kid. Stealing from the store couldn't be punished by a yard stick. Where was our parental rights being supported by our PC government? Mid 80's every kid knew they could report their parents if they even got a mark, thanks to the education system pur in place by that government. Now where are we?
Old 03-27-2019, 09:02 AM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophybook View Post
You are on good glue. I was born in 85 and let me tell you school was not how you made it out to be. They locked me in a closet all day once, threw me through desks, cut by a wedding ring wile being back handed. The list goes on.This is just elementary school east of sherwood park. Some of those dirt bag teachers are still there.
Want to tell us why you were treated like this? And how were you disciplined when you got home? Your story reminds me of the dick who was in my class, always causing problems and wouldn't think twice about assaulting someone for a laugh or self enjoyment. So gar you seem to reinforce my statement about your generation, by failing to admit your role in your own problems.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Want to tell us why you were treated like this? And how were you disciplined when you got home? Your story reminds me of the dick who was in my class, always causing problems and wouldn't think twice about assaulting someone for a laugh or self enjoyment. So gar you seem to reinforce my statement about your generation, by failing to admit your role in your own problems.
This makes zero sense. You bragged about getting beat in school. Then he tells you he got the same treatment and you jump to the conclusion he was a trouble maker. You can't have it both ways Dave. By using that formula we can deduce you were a trouble maker too?

And nobody is arguing that politics has nothing to do with it. You singled out the right wing and made this a partisan argument which is laughable at best. Your so called "progressive" left wing influence has been way more devastating on our current human behavior. Look no further than the crap that comes out of the universities. Victim mentality and offendedness galore! And here's a hint- those aren't right wing wackjob extremists. They are socialists 100%.
Now I would be stupid to suggest it is all one sided and the fault of the left political spectrum. The right has corruption too. The right has also contributed to poisoning society too. Anyone can see that.

It's comical to see you disrespect and disregard my generation when most of them lean the same way you do. Can't you see that? It's right in front of you. I break the "mould" of my generation, being a Christian Conservative

You are all over the map man.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
This makes zero sense. You bragged about getting beat in school. Then he tells you he got the same treatment and you jump to the conclusion he was a trouble maker. You can't have it both ways Dave. By using that formula we can deduce you were a trouble maker too?

And nobody is arguing that politics has nothing to do with it. You singled out the right wing and made this a partisan argument which is laughable at best. Your so called "progressive" left wing influence has been way more devastating on our current human behavior. Look no further than the crap that comes out of the universities. Victim mentality and offendedness galore! And here's a hint- those aren't right wing wackjob extremists. They are socialists 100%.
Now I would be stupid to suggest it is all one sided and the fault of the left political spectrum. The right has corruption too. The right has also contributed to poisoning society too. Anyone can see that.

It's comical to see you disrespect and disregard my generation when most of them lean the same way you do. Can't you see that? It's right in front of you. I break the "mould" of my generation, being a Christian Conservative

^ pretty much.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:58 PM
Suspended User

Rush trip to Grande Prairie. Sitting with the 26 year old widow of number 4. Awesome.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:13 PM

Don't mean to sound cold but,....
I don't feel Abit sad for an addict dying.
I do feel good about one that overcomes it and stays sober though.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Rush trip to Grande Prairie. Sitting with the 26 year old widow of number 4. Awesome.
Dam, that’s crazy.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnbears View Post
How many that were in the Humboldt accident will suffer with pstd or chronic pain and someone may end up being an addict or just take any other bad accident that changes a persons life,i feel sad for many who get tagged with a bad rap for being an addict.Not everyone that becomes an addict I think ever thought it would be them.

Yes some just make bad mistakes and yes some don't deserve the hand there dealt.

There is nothing worst than seeing a persons with an amputated spirit in life ,there is no prosthetic or prosthesis to replace this.So unless you walk down that road be careful how you feel towards others.

I am not trying to be rude,i know my soul and spirit are very solid,but I know better than to judge others in anything in life.

Cheers
JD

Last edited by JD848; 04-05-2019 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:37 AM

plenty of mental pressure and anguish on this forum, warriorboy10, jd848, and many others who have posted. probably many others who have read all of the posts on this thread and either will not or cannot add their own experience. quite a few years ago I read a article written by either a ethnobotanist or scientist, can't remember his name either, but the article did stick in my head. in the rain forests of south america a particular plant is harvested for its ability to radically alter thought patterns. apparently it interacts with the brain in such a way to counteract and release stressful brain activity. do not treat this substance lightly, as it has a profound effect on the brain according to the scientists who have isolated the particular molecules which are responsible for its unusual effects on the brain. natives in the region have named this plant Ayahuasca. apparently, research is now being conducted by mainstream medical labs in the USA and Canada, and most likely Europe as well. hopefully depression, substance addiction, and other issues can be dealt with successfully.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsik View Post
plenty of mental pressure and anguish on this forum, warriorboy10, jd848, and many others who have posted. probably many others who have read all of the posts on this thread and either will not or cannot add their own experience. quite a few years ago I read a article written by either a ethnobotanist or scientist, can't remember his name either, but the article did stick in my head. in the rain forests of south america a particular plant is harvested for its ability to radically alter thought patterns. apparently it interacts with the brain in such a way to counteract and release stressful brain activity. do not treat this substance lightly, as it has a profound effect on the brain according to the scientists who have isolated the particular molecules which are responsible for its unusual effects on the brain. natives in the region have named this plant Ayahuasca. apparently, research is now being conducted by mainstream medical labs in the USA and Canada, and most likely Europe as well. hopefully depression, substance addiction, and other issues can be dealt with successfully.
Read about that. Very interesting!
Old 04-06-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
How many that were in the Humboldt accident will suffer with pstd or chronic pain and someone may end up being an addict or just take any other bad accident that changes a persons life,i feel sad for many who get tagged with a bad rap for being an addict.Not everyone that becomes an addict I think ever thought it would be them.

Yes some just make bad mistakes and yes some don't deserve the hand there dealt.

There is nothing worst than seeing a persons with an amputated spirit in life ,there is no prosthetic or prosthesis to replace this.So unless you walk down that road be careful how you feel towards others.

I am not trying to be rude,i know my soul and spirit are very solid,but I know better than to judge others in anything in life.

Cheers
JD
You can look at interviews on YouTube of past NHL players getting caught up in the pain killer fiasco. Sheldon Souray was the subject of an article last June talking about his experiences. There are quite a few that are no longer with us now.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
You’re preaching to the choir. I just believe you have completely misplaced the blame. Who would you say panders to “progressive society” more? Right or left? We all know it’s left. That’s not disputable. Look no further than our universities for these kooked out ideas of no discipline, everyone looking to summit the ladder without stepping on Rung #1, entitlement, over sensitive to people “offending” them. I could go on and on. Kick God out of the schools, out of our laws and principles and look at the decline.

Now that all said, I don’t blame the Left either. It starts at home with zero discipline. That’s infiltrated into the schools as the teachers hands are tied. It’s only gonna get worse. But we need to take onus on the things we can control. I have 4 kids. I’m doing my best to break the current mould.

Victim mentality- blaming others for the state we’re in. I was raised to accept responsibility for my actions and tell the truth. I grew up knowing what a spanking felt like. I respect blue hair and still hold the door for a lady (whether she wants me to or not). Raised in a Christian conservative home. Hmmm go figure.

Dave can you honestly believe we Can blame a political party (right or left) for our society? We all need to take a good hard look in the mirror and take onus.

Ps this is not on the topic of addiction. I have zero life experience in the hard core addictions being discussed. Probably sit on my dumb iPhone too much. Have overcome some things that could have turned worse. I don’t have any answers for you on your condition. You have my sincere sympathy
Great Post Wildwoods !
Old 04-06-2019, 01:01 PM
Banned

Rewind to last Year and a Year before the last i lost my niece and my grandson due to this Fatal Overdose
Old 04-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnbears View Post
Don't worry, addicts don't care about your struggles either.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Suspended User

Quote:

Lmao. Strange how he is beat by a teacher(his statement implies this) yet he's an innocent. So where is his explanation of why he was treated this way?
And then let's look at how all over the place your writing is. Is it liberal people who destroyed the culture of North America, and are whining about the loss of Christian values? Nope Christian values are a farce, fear is used to control worshipers. Not turning this into a political thread. No need to. Modern thinking has put religion where it belongs, in the area of myths.
And if the majority of your generation is left leaning, its going to be an interesting election.

But back on topic, this problem of idiots getting pill presses off the internet is one that can be addressed. The number of deaths are horrible. Sad to say I hope some of these people hoping for addicts to die experience one or two family members dying that way.

This young lady stood beside my wife for our wedding just last summer. Lost her mother to cancer just before Winter Equinox 4 years ago, yet some of you are cheering about her fiancé's death. Who's the better person.