Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-18-2010, 09:34 AM

Default Natures weather predicters

It seems to me that ma nature does a few things that can help you predict the weather. One I use almost daily in the summer is if there is dew first thing in the morning it won't rain there for 24 hrs. Another one is 90 days after heavy fog or hoar frost we will get some form of precipatation. Remember all the hoar frost in Feb. I predict that May will be a very wet month this year. Please post your predicters.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 AM

A rapid onset of a headache for me can indicate a weather change is impending.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:53 AM

Back in '03 the snow geese showed up 2-3 weeks early. They normally would arrive around there sometime in the 3-4th week in october. That year they showed up at the beginning of october. Dad said watch for a big heavy snow early. Sure enough come the 3rd week of october they were gone and we got hammered by 2-3 feet of snow near the end of the 3rd week. That year it was tough to walk anywhere in the areas around the cypress hills. On the plus side, it drove all the park deer out into the huntable areas and some big deer were shot. The buck in my avatar pic was shot that year. that was a tough drag through waiste deep snow for 800 yards, thank god it was mostly down hill.