Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2024, 12:43 AM

Default Word coming down in Ottawa that Trudeau has agreed to resign as leader prior to July 1

The plan right now is for the Liberal party to announce Trudeau is leaving as leader.

The party has little money to fund a leadership contest and an election so they are going to elect a new leader by a cabinet vote.

Not going to be Freeland. Too much baggage. Some names are being kicked around and some back room politicking is ramping up.

Going to be interesting to see who they pick from the current cabinet roster. Back benchers are not being considered.

So much for liberal transparency and freedom. Members will be told who will lead them lol.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-27-2024, 12:54 AM

I've thought for over a year now, and Pierre called it 2 weeks ago, Mark Carney will be taking the helm.

Trudeau needs to stay till the election.
The idiots that have grown to dislike him will forget that all his MP's supported that moron, and will fall back on love with the party.
Old 04-27-2024, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
I've thought for over a year now, and Pierre called it 2 weeks ago, Mark Carney will be taking the helm.

The idiots that have grown to dislike him will forget that all his MP's supported that moron, and will fall back on love with the party.
Can’t be Carney. Must be from the cabinet. Otherwise it will be seen as undemocratic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interim_leader_(Canada)

Maybe they can’t even select a leader who hasn’t been elected yet. An interim leader is temporary until a convention but they can lead an election. A scape goat to blame most likely.

You would have to be crazy to lead a sinking ship of a waterfall right now.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 04-27-2024 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-27-2024, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
The plan right now is for the Liberal party to announce Trudeau is leaving as leader.

The party has little money to fund a leadership contest and an election so they are going to elect a new leader by a cabinet vote.

Not going to be Freeland. Too much baggage. Some names are being kicked around and some back room politicking is ramping up.

Going to be interesting to see who they pick from the current cabinet roster. Back benchers are not being considered.

So much for liberal transparency and freedom. Members will be told who will lead them lol.
As much as I’d love to believe this is true, I have to ask…where are you getting this information from? I’ve scoured a few news sites and can’t find any word of it. This would be really big news, yet there’s no mention anywhere.
Old 04-27-2024, 06:54 AM

Default Time will tell.

Quote:

I think it’s going to be LeBlanc.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
As much as I’d love to believe this is true, I have to ask…where are you getting this information from? I’ve scoured a few news sites and can’t find any word of it. This would be really big news, yet there’s no mention anywhere.
Exactly! It seems strange that there is no sign of this on any media. I personally hope that it isn't true, I want Trudeau to remain leader, and lose huge in the next election.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:52 AM

Quote:
He must be a Liberal party insider or he’s chatting with Rosemary Barton.

Last edited by sns2; 04-27-2024 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:53 AM

Quote:
X2, sounds too good to be true, willful misinformation ?

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-27-2024, 07:58 AM

The only thing I have read or watched, can’t remember where, is that if the liberals don’t get a bump in the polls from the budget by June the party will have to decide if a new leader is needed.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:06 AM

I think justinian the corrupt lying bass turd still has a few more bills to sink Kanada deeper in debt and/or impose more authoritarian measures before he leaves office. I vote him as the greatest thieving, corrupt, lying, authoritarian prime minister this country has ever had. he was groomed for the office, his previous education and career as a drama teacher was solid gold to enable him to appeal to those who judge by emotion alone...because none of his speeches or bills had any logic or financial acumen. having said that, he was just the messenger, he never made any decisions of his own, everything was scripted for him. all he had to do was sell it.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:19 AM

I call BS on that. I’ll believe it when I see it. I will gladly eat crow but that moron is too power hungry, arrogant, self serving, narcissistic etc etc.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
I call BS on that. I’ll believe it when I see it. I will gladly eat crow but that moron is too power hungry, arrogant, self serving, narcissistic etc etc.
X2

July 1 is not April fools
Old 04-27-2024, 09:00 AM

If this happens what will Jagmeet do. He’s the one controlling things right now.

Does a new liberal leader keep stroking Jag?

BW
Old 04-27-2024, 09:01 AM

I have my doubts his ego would allow him to do that, would be a great surprise though
Old 04-27-2024, 09:15 AM

Believe it only when I see it, although, it would certainly be a smart thing for them to do. Maybe there finally is enough dissension in the ranks and the money people. Hurry up and wait, we'll find out one way or the other. Plenty of skeletons in the caucus closet to pick on, no matter who they decide on.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:20 AM

It’s a little late for an April Fools Joke Sundance
Old 04-27-2024, 09:29 AM

Quote:

Yup... All that will happen is they appoint some shinny new turd and give all the people someone new to believe in and buy there terrible ideas of solving all the problems..

Turdeua getting replaced is the worst thing that can happen..

We will have another liberal federal government.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricki Bobby View Post
It’s a little late for an April Fools Joke Sundance
The much coveted prize for dedicated contribution to this forum is the pool noodle, the prize of shame is a roll of aluminum foil, lol.

Really have to be discerning nowadays as the art of disinformation and deception, trolling, increased AI, in the ether world is in hyperdrive.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:57 AM

Quote:

You need to get out fishing ASAP!
Old 04-27-2024, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
If this happens what will Jagmeet do. He’s the one controlling things right now.

Does a new liberal leader keep stroking Jag?

BW
A little lube and the new leader is ready to go go go...

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-27-2024, 10:00 AM

The hole keeps getting deeper.
I saw a video from 2015 were they said they would fix housing. A new video they just released says the exact same thing. I believe them this time. lol.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeroot View Post
Yup... All that will happen is they appoint some shinny new turd and give all the people someone new to believe in and buy there terrible ideas of solving all the problems..

Turdeua getting replaced is the worst thing that can happen..

We will have another liberal federal government.
I think that is why PP keeps poking at him, keep him motivated to stay on.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-27-2024, 11:12 AM

I hope not. The longer he stays the better the chance for complete destruction of the Liberals in the next election.
Old 04-27-2024, 11:14 AM

He's the best they have!! Keep telling him that.
Old 04-27-2024, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I hope not. The longer he stays the better the chance for complete destruction of the Liberals in the next election.
The only problem is how much damage can he do between now and then. We will be lucky if we can own Daisy Red Ryders by then.
Old 04-27-2024, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Sorry I couldn’t help it…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1179.jpg (26.3 KB, 134 views)
Old 04-27-2024, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
The only problem is how much damage can he do between now and then. We will be lucky if we can own Daisy Red Ryders by then.
How much damage can they do if they get a bounce and we end up with another LiB/ ND coalition?
Their firearms policies will never change and that is not what is causing their issues with the eastern voters.
Old 04-27-2024, 01:20 PM

Great story, but without a credible source of information that’s all it is.

As much as I eagerly anticipate him no longer leading what used to be a great nation, I don’t want it to happen that way.

A clear and decisive loss in the next election would be a much bigger hit to his ego than simply resigning. He need to know how much he is disliked but the majority of Canadians.
Old 04-27-2024, 01:37 PM

My money is on bobble head Freeland.
Old 04-27-2024, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Can’t say but it’s the plan in action now for the Liberals.

Watch the spin coming shortly to a TV set near you I’m sure.