Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
"Investor"? Not in my books. "Fraud" would come closer. Cheat fits, too. Shyster....maybe. As for his outfitter friends/connections - same thing.

In understanding this, it would help to remember that "Bighorn Sheep" and "Alberta" are synonyms. Alberta has more Top 10 Record Book heads than anywhere else - by a long shot.

What did that Yank pay for the Minister's permit to hunt off-season and shoot the new World Record up around Cadomin a few years ago? $250,000.00.

He also hired 3 guides to scope it out for weeks before he arrived.

A little while later he was back and got another huge Ram.

That one American spent, what, $400,000.00, to get those two Rams? Give or take.

It's about money. It's always about money. Like Elkhunter11 said, it's also about foreign money doing what even Albertans cannot do - getting tags for friends and family for money. It's all wrong.

For me, it's not about money. It's about the stink.
I have no problem with the Minister's hunt. It's one tag, and most of the money goes to enhance wildlife here in Alberta. Albertan's can buy a raffle ticket for the same out of season opportunity.

Now, getting APOS to cancel outfitters allocations when needed is a band wagon I can jump on to.